I can't download minecraft launcher on a new device

Discus and support I can't download minecraft launcher on a new device in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have recently gotten a new computer which I want to play minecraft on. I tried to download the launcher from the website, and it brought me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Enther, May 29, 2022.

1. Enther
    Enther Guest

I have recently gotten a new computer which I want to play minecraft on. I tried to download the launcher from the website, and it brought me to microsoft store and gave me this error.

I can't download minecraft launcher on a new device [​IMG]

I then logged on to my microsoft account in the microsoft store to download the launcher there. But it prompted me to enter in a pin as shown.

I can't download minecraft launcher on a new device [​IMG]

The thing is, I have never once done set-up for a pin on that account before. I tried to set-up a pin in the sign-in options on my computer, but it is not the same pin apparently. Does anyone know what this pin exactly is and where can I see it from?

:)

Enther, May 29, 2022
  2. Enther Win User

Hi, thank you for your reply

So say, Computer A is logged in with account A, and Computer B is logged in with account B. Account A has the minecraft account. If I try to access Account A on Computer B, will the pin required be from account A or Account B?
  3. andersonpassos Win User

the pin has nothing to do with the account, in this case it would be the password for the account, the pin is for the pc, when windows is installed it asks to link an account and then immediately advises you to set a pin, which in this case can be smaller and simpler as it is only necessary to start windows and install or access other apps only on this computer.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

it does not identify your account's digital license, log into your web account and add the trusted device to your account.

the pin it asks for in installations and adding accounts, it's from your pc, it has a password, this is the pin it asks for, it's not the account password, on the pc a pin was added that is the password to access windows .
  5. Jesse E' Win User

I can't download the new Minecraft Launcher

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Check for the "offline permissions" setting in the general tab of the xbox app settings. Once you've enabled it the game should open perfectly.
  6. Sumit (Independent A Win User

I bought Minecraft but it says I didn't and it still charged me

Hi Kelly,

I am Sumit here to assist you with this question.

Sure we can help. I assume you used a Microsoft Account and a Windows device to purchase.

Please download:

Minecraft Launcher

https://www.microsoft.com/en-is/p/minecraft-lau...

Choose Minecraft Java, sign in if prompted and you should be able to download Minecraft Java to your device.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. I can't download minecraft launcher on a new device - Similar Threads - can't download minecraft

2. Can't download minecraft bedrock edition on windows10 from Minecraft launcher after...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download minecraft bedrock edition on windows10 from Minecraft launcher after...: [img] Just as you can see, the progress bar isn't reacting, it has been stuck since morning. Please help, thanks a lot 7279ca98-6da9-45cb-81e1-7c7ac26c625a
  3. Downloaded Minecraft on one Windows user account and now can't access it on another user...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Downloaded Minecraft on one Windows user account and now can't access it on another user...: A few weeks ago I downloaded Minecraft Java edition to my laptop; it had previously been on an old laptop that no longer works. I downloaded using my Microsoft account (after migrating from a...
  4. I can't download Minecraft Dungeons. error 0x80073CF3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Dungeons. error 0x80073CF3: This morning I bought Xbox Game Pass for PC and I tried to download Minecraft Dungeons. When I try to download the game the store tells me there is an error (0x80073CF3). I can download every...
  5. I can't download Minecraft on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft on Windows 11: Pretty self explanatory. I can't seem to download Java edition for Windows 11. The Minecraft launcher just says it has trouble reaching the Minecraft store, and to continue there. Then I want to...
  6. Can't download content to ps4 from Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download content to ps4 from Minecraft: My son plays Minecraft on ps4. Recently bought star wars mod but it doesn't download. No error message, just says download content 0kb. I am a complete novice at this I'm afraid. I don't even...
  7. Can't download Minecraft Dungeons, getting error code 0x80073cf3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Minecraft Dungeons, getting error code 0x80073cf3: It won't download, it says that there is an error and please try again later. de9c52c2-6c72-4cd7-8f16-ed36d2b17a2a
  8. I can't download minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download minecraft bedrock: I was making a texture pack totay and my friends make me download a virus, when i try to delet it i delet the minecraft together and i am trying to download it again but here say error in...
  9. Minecraft windows10版下载安装错误 [Can't Download Minecraft for Windows in Minecraft Launcher]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft windows10版下载安装错误 [Can't Download Minecraft for Windows in Minecraft Launcher]: microsoft商店下载了MC启动器,网络正常,安装基岩版显示错误,没说什么错误。重装没用。(点击JAVA版试玩却可以正常下载) [THE TEXT BELOW IS MACHINE TRANSLATED AND MAY NOT BE AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE ORIGINAL POST] Microsoft Store downloaded...
  10. Can't download new Minecraft preview

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download new Minecraft preview: Every time I try to do it, it stops the installation immediately and gives me the error code 0x803fb005. submitted by /u/YoYoOnYT [link] [comments]