I can't install any new games I get on the Xbox Pass (PC)

Discus and support I can't install any new games I get on the Xbox Pass (PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've tried all the suggestions suggested without contacting for help and none of them have worked. I've reinstalled, used the admin powershell,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MichaelO'Shea4, Jul 21, 2021.

1. I can't install any new games I get on the Xbox Pass (PC)

I've tried all the suggestions suggested without contacting for help and none of them have worked. I've reinstalled, used the admin powershell, restarting my device, I've no idea how to fix it and would love some help, thanks!

:)

MichaelO'Shea4, Jul 21, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good Morning

The problem is in the Game Service app, is that what you did to try to solve the problem?

Microsoft has released an update to correct this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

KB5004476

Select Download and Install.

When the update is complete, restart the device.

You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Try deleting the Game Services registry keys and reinstalling the Game Services app on your Windows 10 device:

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart the device.

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the application on this page and select Yes when prompted for User Account Control (CCU).

Try installing or starting the game again.

The problem started with this error, and there are several other errors, I advise you to try.

microsoft original text:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/erro...
  3. Nursemorph Win User

- Are you getting error messages when you try to install them?

- How are you trying to install them? Are you doing it via the Game Pass section in the Xbox App? If so, have you tried downloading them direct from the Microsoft Store?

- When you say you have reinstalled, what exactly have you reinstalled? Xbox App? Windows Itself? If Windows, how did you reinstall? Did you use the reset function within Windows?

- Is your WIndows Environment full up-to-date?

-Try opening up a Comman prompt (Windows icon bottom left, start typing "command prompt", click "run as administrator" on the search result...in the screen that appears, try these 2 commands:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Sorry for all the questions but it's important to highlight exactly what is happening to try and work out a fix.

If I was in your position, I would be considering a completely clean Windows install from USB:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Install Windows, run Windows Update till there's no more updates, download your Graphics Driver from whichever manufacturer it is, install nothing else and then try downloading. If it works, then there was something amiss somewhere on your system; if it didn't that would point towards an account issue maybe
  4. ItsCheesy Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

I cancelled the xbox game pass and bought the pc beta and I still can't install the game, it also isn't letting me uninstall the xbox companion as well as install the new one.
  5. BUDZI0L Win User

Xbox Pass PC

I wrote that i installed game by xbox app with pc pass -_-

Second thing, game is not installed, only files left...files what I can't get into.
  6. davidjoho Win User

Xbox (Beta) Installer Frozen at installer

I upgraded to Windows 1903 (build 18362.175) and downloaded the xbox installer for pc game pass. When I run the installer it sticks
    on "making things awesome." The thermometer doesn't budge from zero. I have downloaded new copies of the installer several times, restarted my PC many tmes, but still can't get it to install.

When I follow the instructions you give, I see the roaming folder but there is no xbox entry at all.

The Task Manager reports that I'm trying to install the 32 bit version, which seems wrong.

Any suggestions?
Thema:

1. I can't install any new games I get on the Xbox Pass (PC) - Similar Threads - can't install games

2. Can't install games on Game Pass PC

in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games on Game Pass PC: Hi all, I'm having trouble installing games through Game Pass on PC. I recently had to reinstall windows on my PC but I didn't have to delete game data so my steam games and such were still on my...
  3. Can't install certain games on Xbox Gamepass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install certain games on Xbox Gamepass: I've tried to install Octopath Traveler and Skyrim several times but it has not worked. I keep getting error code 0x80073cf3, and it says just to wait a little while but it has been hours and it...
  4. Can't install any games I had installed on a previous Windows installation

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install any games I had installed on a previous Windows installation: OK. So: This weekend I uninstalled windows due to some issues and reinstalled the whole thing from scratch. All went fine until I reinstalled the XBox app and a few of the games I had on the go....
  5. I can't install Game Pass PC games

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install Game Pass PC games: In the Xbox PC App when I select a game and click Install, the dialog box to choose the installation directory opens but the drive letter and available space are not displayed and the "INSTALL"...
  6. I can't install Sea of Thieves or Forza Horizon 4 using Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install Sea of Thieves or Forza Horizon 4 using Game Pass for PC: So I'm having this weird issue whereby I can't update/install certain games via the Xbox Game Pass app on the PC. I first noticed this around the time the new expansion came out for Sea of...
  7. Can't install xbox games via android mobile app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install xbox games via android mobile app: 1. I have the ultimate game pass 2. I have ensured I'm logged into Microsoft via my android devide 3. When I try to download the game via the app, it says no devices found. Please help?...
  8. Xbox app/Microsoft Store Gamepass problems - can't install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app/Microsoft Store Gamepass problems - can't install games: For context: I have a Microsoft account with a Gamepass Ultimate subscription; That same account is the one I use on Windows 10, the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app; Starting this week, my...
  9. Can't install games on HDD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on HDD: Hello, for the past few weeks, I have been trying to install Xbox Game Pass games on my PC. I have only been greeted by the error: 0x80070005 which is stated as a permissions error. I have tried...
  10. Can't install the game from Microsoft store and request refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install the game from Microsoft store and request refund: Hi, i purchased a Creaks game from Microsoft store. Then seemly I can't even install it.its appears nothing. And i decide to request a refund but sadly i can't see any link for request refund for...