I can't install some games from xbox beta app (Something Unexpected Happened error 0x00000001)

Discus and support I can't install some games from xbox beta app (Something Unexpected Happened error 0x00000001) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so i have tried multiple attempts trying different ways listed both here on xbox forums and on reddit about this error but i still can't download some... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FunnyNinja, Dec 1, 2021.

1. FunnyNinja
    FunnyNinja Guest

I can't install some games from xbox beta app (Something Unexpected Happened error 0x00000001)

so i have tried multiple attempts trying different ways listed both here on xbox forums and on reddit about this error but i still can't download some game one of them being Back 4 Blood, can anyone help me fix it please?

Things i have tried:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

i have also reset/repair both xbox app and windows store

deleted gaming services from regedit and reinstalled it from store

reinstalled windows and check multiple times for updates

deleted all temp files from storage management

ran wsreset

ran windows store app troubleshooter

logged in and out of both store and xbox app

:)

FunnyNinja, Dec 1, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey FunnyNinja, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I will list some possible solutions, which some you've already mentioned above, but I strongly advise you to try again, regardless, and try in that order, please. :)

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. KamalTiwari2 Win User

Game not installing

I am having the same issue I have a surface pro X which is running a beta version of windows 11. When I have launched cloud games they seem to run, however when I attempt to download/install games, I get the following error message about something unexpected happened followed by an error code which is 0x00000001.
  4. marxiemarx Win User

Can't seem to install any game on the Xbox Game Pass on PC

The error code is the same as before: 0X00000001 Unexpected error
  5. AshleyHill1 Win User

Age of Empires 2 won't download

Thanks jp, I installed Xbox (beta) and tried to install with that but received this error message "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit then try again or restart your device. That may
    help. Error Code: 0x80040154 Find help for this"

I am still no closer to getting it installed.

Thanks.
  6. Endoproxy Win User

I can't launch any xbox games

I'm having the same issue with NMS but this is the first info I've been able to find on the issue and no solutions, unfortunately.

If I try to repair it like it says I just get an error message that something unexpected happened followed by error Code: 0x80073CF9.

I've tried repairing, uninstalling, and reinstalling the game, I even tried the same for the xbox beta app and I just end up with the same error code.
Thema:

1. I can't install some games from xbox beta app (Something Unexpected Happened error 0x00000001) - Similar Threads - can't install games

2. Tried to install Hitman Trilogy from Game Pass, download errored, now can't cancel it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried to install Hitman Trilogy from Game Pass, download errored, now can't cancel it: I tried to install the Hitman Trilogy from Game Pass but a Windows Update caused a restart mid-download. I now cannot cancel individual parts (It downloads Hitman 3 and each level in the trilogy...
  3. Can't change game installation location

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change game installation location: Hello, I've built a new PC and I am currently trying to install MSFS using Xbox app. However I cannot select the disk I want to install to. The only option is Disk C. I've already tried everything...
  4. Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC: Hello, I tried installing a game on my laptop through the xbox app but due to system updates my laptop kept resetting. The game install had just kept pausing and continuing through this until it...
  5. Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17): I was installed The Forbidden City last night and was really enjoying it apart from a couple times when it locked up and crashed unexpectedly. The main issue I'm having now, though, is with the...
  6. I can't install minecraft on my pc after buying the game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install minecraft on my pc after buying the game pass: This is what comes up after trying to install [img] ff36744f-2ddd-42a7-9ca7-a0a21308849b
  7. Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices: I can't for the life of me find how to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft - the website just keeps sending me around in circles, so this is my best bet for now I guess :-/ There seems...
  8. Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11: About a week ago I went to load up a game on Game Pass (Weird West) but when I searched for the Xbox app it was missing. I ended up reinstalling the app and then went to play something else....
  9. Game will not install and says it can't see compatible devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game will not install and says it can't see compatible devices: [img] The Microsoft store doesn't display any errors messages or clearly displayed issues, But I've recently tried to install "Secret Neighbor" through the store but the my cursor becomes a...
  10. Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox one with game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox one with game pass ultimate: Says game is not compatible, failed to install. I thought as of March 1st, 2022, Microsoft Flight Simulator would install on Xbox one... b21af772-1fcb-4159-bdaf-bfd5419c4804