I can't launch any xbox games

Discus and support I can't launch any xbox games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I was using my Xbox game pass games without any issues until recently. We had a power outage while I was playing No Man's Sky mid-game. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SamuelLomugdang, Aug 1, 2020.

1. I can't launch any xbox games

Hello,

I was using my Xbox game pass games without any issues until recently. We had a power outage while I was playing No Man's Sky mid-game.

When my PC rebooted all my installed games have the message in the Microsoft Store "This app encountered a problem. Please reinstall it to repair"

I did just that with No Man's Sky, then the game boots for a few seconds and then crashes again, then it's back to the same message as above. This issue goes for all games. Every reinstall I do it launches for a few seconds then crashes then all games require
    a reinstall all over again.

:)

SamuelLomugdang, Aug 1, 2020
  2. {Parity} Win User

Can't launch any games

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Can't launch any games

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues launching games. We recommend to

uninstall and reinstall
    the profile. Most likely there is a corrupt file causing the issue.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

can't launch any app or game

Hi Yasahlro,

Your welcome glad it helped out. I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved.

Brad
  5. Yasahlro Win User

Hey,

It seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Yasahlro,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. We recommend trying a
    soft factory reset
    . When doing this make sure you have a stable internet connection. Also, know the credentials to the profiles on the Xbox console, as it will remove them. It will not get rid of save data unless you solely play offline.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

I can't launch any xbox games

1. I can't launch any xbox games - Similar Threads - can't launch games

2. Can't Launch Games or Apps after update today 6/4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Launch Games or Apps after update today 6/4: My Xbox One automatically updated today at 12:38pm and since then, all my pins and groups have been removed from my home page, and when I try to launch a game or app from the Game & Apps section,...
  3. Xbox running very slow, can't launch any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox running very slow, can't launch any game: I have a original 2013 XB1. About two weeks ago I had multiple game updates come at the same time. I have fairly slow internet and that week there were a series of storms where I live, resulting...
  4. I can't get games I have downloaded from Game pass to launch

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get games I have downloaded from Game pass to launch: None of the game I have downloaded through the new xbox beta are launching. I have the game pass it shows up on my account profile but the games don't launch. Sea thieves briefly shows a splash...
  5. Can't launch digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch digital game: My brother bought Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on the Xbox store back when it was on sale for $15, and now it says he does not own it. It was not the Game Pass version and I was the one to...
  6. Can't launch xbox gamepass games on windows 10- "The configuration registry database is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't launch xbox gamepass games on windows 10- "The configuration registry database is...: Hello everyone, I'm unable to launch any games on the xbox app or through the Microsoft store because every time I get an error that pops up and says "The configuration registry database is...
  7. Can't launch game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch game: Hello, I just installed the games with gold game called knights of pen and paper 2 but when I try to play the game it gives me the "do you own this game or app?" message, I don't know what to do...
  8. Subscribed to Gamepass but can't launch/download games

in XBoX on Windows
    Subscribed to Gamepass but can't launch/download games: The experience on the PC, so far, has been unnerving. I bought an XBOX controller that came with a free gamepass for 14 days. I joined and apparently Ori and The Blind Forest and its sequel are...
  9. Can't launch games [Not normal]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch games [Not normal]: This is different than anything I've experienced. So on April 5 (Sunday), I was playing a game (digitally downloaded), and it crashed. I reset my Xbox, but I still couldn't play it. Next thing I...
  10. I can't launch free with gold games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't launch free with gold games: About a month ago i had some problems with the game pass auto renewing and it wasn't allowing me to put in a xbox live gold code but this problem was fixed the same day now it look like that game...