I can’t play games I own on disk after having game pass

Discus and support I can’t play games I own on disk after having game pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own battlefront 2 on disk, but I uninstalled it to make space. I bought game pass and then installed the battlefront 2 through game pass ( without... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tnt m34s, May 22, 2022.

1. tnt m34s
    tnt m34s Guest

I own battlefront 2 on disk, but I uninstalled it to make space. I bought game pass and then installed the battlefront 2 through game pass ( without putting the disk in) a week ago my game pass ran out and now I’ve put the battlefront 2 disk in to play. It comes up saying check the disk( nothing wrong with the disk) so I thought because I downloaded the game through game pass I need to uninstall the game and then download it again using the disk, i tried that but when I put the disk in nothing comes up or it just says check your disk. I tried the same thing with another game(which also has no damage ) and check your disk came up again. Obviously owning game pass and it running out makes these games unplayable now even though I own them on disk. I’ve tried restarting and everything like that but nothing has worked. I’m losing over $200 Dollars worth of games from this.

Please help I can’t fix it

:)

tnt m34s, May 22, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, your fellow Xbox gamer.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox console.

Let's check that out for you.

I believe that this has nothing to do with your game pass subscription because in my experience, they do not do that to your games. There is a possibility that this is being caused by a hardware failure of the console that is not reading anymore your discs.

Try to do a manual reset of your Xbox and see if this would help.

NOTE: This will delete the profiles on your account, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in on another outlet.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one to SYNC controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "Reset this Xbox" and then "Keep games and apps".

Once done, try the disc again and check if it will work or not.

If this does not work, try other game discs and if none of your games are working anymore, it means that the console is no longer reading discs and needs repair.

Hope that helps.
  3. mozmoz2009 Win User

Game pass

It's not a problem as you own a disk copy of the game I also have several games that are both on disk and Game Pass think of the disk as a backup copy
  4. TracyShannon1 Win User

Fallout 3 code

No it didn't work, it doesn't show on my order history either, and I don't have any other account that it could be on. I can go to the store and it says I own fallout 3 but when I click play it says my either my game pass expired or the disk is dirty but
    there's no disk.....
  5. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Game collector what is the best option ?

I went digital plus Game Pass this year. Trade in values have gone thru the floor and I hate swapping disk. But I don't consider myself a collector, even though I own and have played a lot of games.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Have a game installed on my xbox but cant get it through my PC xbox app

Is t digital or a disc version? You can only play both if you own it digitally

If you only have regular game pass, and that’s how you own it you cannot access PC games without upgrading to ultimate
Thema:

1. I can’t play games I own on disk after having game pass - Similar Threads - can’t play games

2. Can’t play my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play my games: Why won’t my Xbox let me play my games. It says the person that bought this needs to sign in but I bought the game 900f10b7-f1a4-411e-84bb-172a7bcf3015
  3. Can’t play my husbands game pass games.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t play my husbands game pass games.: Some thing happened recently and I now cannot play the games on my Xbox that I used to. Error 0x803f900a). This happened yesterday. My husband downloaded sniper elite 4 on game pass. He has the...
  4. Game is purchased but i can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game is purchased but i can’t play it: My friend is signed into a account with a game then when he goes to his other account he can load on the game but when he presses A to start it says it needs to be purchased. - Call of Duty Black...
  5. Can’t play My Disc Game On separate account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play My Disc Game On separate account?: I have two accounts on my Xbox One. My main account seems to work fine with my disc game but my other doesn’t? I did set it up as my home Xbox. Whenever I try to insert the disc it says “do you...
  6. So, Xbox Series X|S Console’s can’t play the backward’s compatible edition of games if &...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So, Xbox Series X|S Console’s can’t play the backward’s compatible edition of games if &...: This easily resolved problem of backwards compatibility is always something that console programmers seemingly can’t solve and reproduce!. Microsoft & Xbox, add one additional line of prompt to...
  7. can’t play cloud gaming on xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can’t play cloud gaming on xbox series s: i just upgraded from the xbox one s to the xbox series s and i have game pass ultimate but when i click on games for game pass it doesn’t not give options for cloud gaming(for every game pass...
  8. Can’t play any games on epic games and gta launcher because of error code 0xc000007b

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play any games on epic games and gta launcher because of error code 0xc000007b: Hi so I have been trying it play games on Epic Games and Rockstar launcher but I can’t because of the error code 0xc000007b I keep getting the same message about that error code and I have been...
  9. Can’t play game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play game: Hi I have had the Call Of Duty Modern Warefare game for a while. I recently tried to play it but it keeps telling me that I am missing all the packs for my game. I have deleted and downloaded...
  10. Bought a brand new Xbox series X and I can’t even play one game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a brand new Xbox series X and I can’t even play one game: I have to sign in here and reset this and restart and hard cycle and what??? Why can’t I just play a game? Wouldn’t happen with a PlayStation. Most expensive web browser I’ve ever purchased....