I can't play my Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X

Discus and support I can't play my Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; What's the issue? I can't sign into my Xbox 360 account to play Xbox 360 games and save the data to my Xbox Series X console. The specific game I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RavenHedden, Nov 6, 2021.

1. RavenHedden
    RavenHedden Guest

What's the issue?
    I can't sign into my Xbox 360 account to play Xbox 360 games and save the data to my Xbox Series X console. The specific game I am trying to play right now is Oblivion.

What did I expect to happen?

A successful sign in my Xbox 360 Account upon trying to play Oblivion. This would allow me to save data in game as well.

What actually happened?

When I tried to sign in, my Xbox told me that my account was invalid. It still allowed me to play, though, so I did. When I first tried to save I again tried to save against my 360 account. Again, this failed. So I saved the data against my brother's 360 account instead. My brother's account is signed in on my Xbox.

Why do I think this happened?
    I changed my Xbox Live name a while back before I had ever played a 360 game on this console. Xbox Series X games work fine with the new name, but Xbox 360 games don't seem to register my name change. 360 games are still trying to sign me into a 360 account under my old Live name. My personal guess of what's happening is that when I changed my Live name it also changed my 360 account name. But 360 games aren't picking up on this change and so it fails upon sign in.

Potential Solutions?
    I have many:

1. Allow me to update the 360 Account associated to my Series X Xbox. Something native to my Xbox would be great, but doing this from my computer would be fine to.
    2. Get Xbox Support to fix the account associated to my Series X Xbox.
    What do I need?

I need the information or means to carry out either 1 or 2 from potential solutions. That, or I need a new potential solution. But I can't find 1 anywhere and it seems that Microsoft made it impossible to get a real human for support on Xbox.

Please help me. I've wasted so much time on this. I just want to play games from my childhood.

:)

RavenHedden, Nov 6, 2021
  2. JamieWill Win User

Hello Xbox community, this is about Xbox series x/s versions of games!

Because on my Xbox series x, it only shows 'Optimized for series x/s' but if a xbox series x version of a game is NOT 'optimized' how would i know if I'm playing a series x/s version of a game?
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox 360 console not playing series X game

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Unfortunately the game can't be played on the Xbox 360 console. It can only be played on the Series X|S consoles.

Hope this helps
  4. Ka1n12 Win User

Xbox Series X multiplayer with Xbox one

Hello there,

every Xbox 360 and or Xbox one game you can play via backwards compatibility on your series X/S share the same multiplayer network, so yes you can play those games with your friends across different generations of Xbox. However for future games releasing
    on Xbox one and series X/S separately, I can't confirm that it will work a 100%.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Will I be able to play Splinter cell chaos theory if I buy it from the marketplace for Xbox 360?

Yes, if you purchase the game from the Xbox 360 marketplace, you can play it on the Xbox 360, Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.

As for what Hardcore Games said, you can still buy Xbox games for the Xbox 360, and play them on the Xbox 360, and if they are backward compatible, play them on the Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Spider man game not on Xbox one

Based on my understanding of how the Series X is going to work, it should be playable on that system.
    Forgive me but your understanding is wrong.

Series X is going to play only the current Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that have been made BC until now, and most, if not all, Xbox One games. It won't play every Xbox game.
Thema:

1. I can't play my Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - can't play 360

2. Can't Play Xbox 360 Games under Com Banned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Play Xbox 360 Games under Com Banned: I got a week banned from a Sensitive Hater on Call of Duty because I was making a Point about what he told me about the game I send him a Screenshot to show proof because he was arguing and...
  3. Can't play Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition on my Xbox at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition on my Xbox at all.: So I have a copy of Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition and I've been wanting to play my world after several months of not using the Xbox and every time I have tried to get past the title screen it will...
  4. 0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games: Within the last week, I have started experiencing an error whenever I insert a backwards compatible Xbox 360 disc into my Xbox One console - This game isn't playable here. For a list of Xbox 360...
  5. 0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games: Within the last week, I have started experiencing an error whenever I insert a backwards compatible Xbox 360 disc into my Xbox One console - This game isn't playable here. For a list of Xbox 360...
  6. Can't play Xbox 360 game on Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play Xbox 360 game on Xbox One: Hi, So my roommates Black ops 2 disc randomly stopped working but the DLC still appears in store, upon trying to re download it the disc pops in and does nothing. Now, if I insert the same disc...
  7. What is it about Insider that makes it to where you can't play 360 games

in XboX Insiders
    What is it about Insider that makes it to where you can't play 360 games: Will it ever I'm a time where I'll be able to be an Insider and play 360 games simultaneously I can play a lot of them but some of them you have to be logged in to play submitted by...
  8. Why can't I play GTA online on Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play GTA online on Xbox 360?: i recently saw that Rockstar is removing online gta for Xbox 360 and ps3 in December 2021 so i decided to get gta to play online for a little while before it's removed. i loaded it up on my Xbox...
  9. Whenever I try to play any Xbox 360 game it says a problem occurred and I can't download my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to play any Xbox 360 game it says a problem occurred and I can't download my...: Happens on every Xbox 360 game and I'm not able to download my Xbox one profile on my Xbox 360 games. 1923f976-901e-468c-a3f5-bd352f819043
  10. Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them: I bought three games, one for Xbox One and two for Xbox 360: Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, and Dead Rising 2: Case West. While the first one works just fine, I am unable to even start...