I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

Discus and support I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Every once in awhile I turn on my Xbox 360 to play some of the games that I have, which includes RDR. Recently I felt like playing it again, but this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX, Jul 28, 2019.

1. I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

Every once in awhile I turn on my Xbox 360 to play some of the games that I have, which includes RDR. Recently I felt like playing it again, but this time I decided to play it on my Xbox One because I know that it’s compatible and it even appears on the Store. But when I put the disc in, it tells me: “It’s impossible to play this game on this console. For more information on what games you can play check xbox.com/BackCompat” or something along those lines. Now, my version of the game is a Platinum Hit and I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I honestly can’t see how it could.

If you know why this is happening I would gladly appreciate if you could explain it for me.

Thanks in advances.

submitted by /u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX
    [link] [comments]

/u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Miss Bijoux Win User

RDR: Single Player

Hi OrcaAmity -

When you're playing Red Dead Redemption, are you leaving your disc in your Xbox One Console? Even though the game is installed from the disc, the disc is still required to play Backwards Compatible games unless you own the game digitally.

Let us know if not so we can continue to look into the issue. :)
  3. Burnin TODI Win User

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility List Leaked.

Even though it looks like a nice list, I was hoping for skyrim and red dead redemption.
  4. DapperCrane Win User

Play again for the first time?

Red Dead Redemption. Even though the game is backwards compatible I would purchase a DLC if they remastered it.
  5. Marwood II 87 Win User

What game should I get for Christmas?

Skyrim, and also get Red Dead Redemption, I bought that this year even though it came out in 2010 and it's one of thebest games I've played this year, but Skyrim just blows it out the water
  6. Joel Cubbin Win User

Black Ops 2 Constant Freezing After Treyarch Intro

Yes, I have tried that. Also, I'm having glitches in Red Dead Redemption and I've had constant freezing in GTA V, but that's about it. I think Red Dead Redemption's disc is just old, but I'm not sure about GTA V.
Thema:

I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

1. I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc - Similar Threads - can’t play Red

2. Refunded for duplicate charge but can’t play games now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunded for duplicate charge but can’t play games now: I recently purchased a few games while on sale. For some reason i was charged twice for the purchase. I reached out asking for a refund for one of the charges but not both (thinking that way i...
  3. I can’t play special ops. I have both special ops dlc packs 1 and 2 installed. I even tried...

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t play special ops. I have both special ops dlc packs 1 and 2 installed. I even tried...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Deeeznutzz27 [link] [comments]
  4. I can’t get Xbox original games to play on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t get Xbox original games to play on my 360: I have 3 original xbox games that won’t play on my xbox 360. They are all on the list of games that are backwards compatible. I get an error saying the game couldn’t start, try downloading again....
  5. Can’t seem to play anything online, and being told to renew my already renewed subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t seem to play anything online, and being told to renew my already renewed subscription: having some problems as of late, so for the past few days i havent been able to join partys, play game pass games, or digitally downloaded games ive spent money on, and every single time i get a...
  6. Can’t play Rocket League, says I need to renew Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play Rocket League, says I need to renew Game Pass: Alright so I’ve had the Game Pass for about 4 or 5 months now and never had any issues. For whatever reason, when I try to launch Rocket League I’m getting a message saying “Looks like you need to...
  7. Can’t play owned games offline

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t play owned games offline: As far as i know it’s not possible to play offline when using gameshare. Did microsoft even think of the impacts this will have on gamers that can not always rely on internet to play. I’m stuck...
  8. I can’t play any of my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play any of my games: I cant seem to be able to play any of my games. All it ever says is thati neex to renew my xbox game pass but i dont own that i only own hard disc so i dint know hos to solve this ive contacted...
  9. Can someone help I can’t connect to my friend or play games but can connect to everyone else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help I can’t connect to my friend or play games but can connect to everyone else: Help i cant connect to 1 friend but can others ee486083-cf98-4008-b0e2-c38ca6222d6f
  10. Can’t play online with gold subscription I purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play online with gold subscription I purchased: Can’t play online with gold subscription I purchased 725b6e11-4553-4ff1-9fff-a9236bb257b2