I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

Discus and support I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Every once in awhile I turn on my Xbox 360 to play some of the games that I have, which includes RDR. Recently I felt like playing it again, but this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX, Jul 28, 2019.

1. I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

Every once in awhile I turn on my Xbox 360 to play some of the games that I have, which includes RDR. Recently I felt like playing it again, but this time I decided to play it on my Xbox One because I know that it’s compatible and it even appears on the Store. But when I put the disc in, it tells me: “It’s impossible to play this game on this console. For more information on what games you can play check xbox.com/BackCompat” or something along those lines. Now, my version of the game is a Platinum Hit and I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I honestly can’t see how it could.

If you know why this is happening I would gladly appreciate if you could explain it for me.

Thanks in advances.

submitted by /u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX
    [link] [comments]

/u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Miss Bijoux Win User

RDR: Single Player

Hi OrcaAmity -

When you're playing Red Dead Redemption, are you leaving your disc in your Xbox One Console? Even though the game is installed from the disc, the disc is still required to play Backwards Compatible games unless you own the game digitally.

Let us know if not so we can continue to look into the issue. :)
  3. Burnin TODI Win User

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility List Leaked.

Even though it looks like a nice list, I was hoping for skyrim and red dead redemption.
  4. davemcfly85 Win User

Just a quick question.

you can play the red dead undead nightmare disc by itself but in order to play the version you download from the marketplace you WILL need the red dead redemption game disc (same thing with the GTA 4 add on content).
  5. DapperCrane Win User

Play again for the first time?

Red Dead Redemption. Even though the game is backwards compatible I would purchase a DLC if they remastered it.
  6. Marwood II 87 Win User

What game should I get for Christmas?

Skyrim, and also get Red Dead Redemption, I bought that this year even though it came out in 2010 and it's one of thebest games I've played this year, but Skyrim just blows it out the water
Thema:

I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

1. I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc - Similar Threads - can’t play Red

2. Why can’t my child play multiplayer on Minecraft when I’m not signed in on the Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my child play multiplayer on Minecraft when I’m not signed in on the Xbox: Someone please help I’m slowly going mad trying to fix this one. I have 2 children with their own consoles and own profiles, I’ve changed the restrictions in parental control to enable...
  3. I can’t play realms and I can’t play with my friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play realms and I can’t play with my friends: I can’t play with my friends and I can’t play realms e1958eaf-b7b1-4d8a-880f-e2b183ae41d4
  4. Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass: Hello We have Xbox unlimited game pass, have Red Dead 2 story mode downloaded, but cannot play the game. It is still telling us to purchase it. We can however play red dead online. Both show game...
  5. Why can’t I refund a game I purchased in the last 14 days that I played for less than 2 hours?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can’t I refund a game I purchased in the last 14 days that I played for less than 2 hours?: Yesterday I bought 7 Days to Die under the idea that it was cross play because I checked the developers website and it says that it’s cross play. However it is not cross play so I requested a...
  6. Can’t play a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play a game: Every time I load up next gen version of the game it says “Your selected storage device is no longer available you will need to select a storage device to save games” and freezes I haven’t been...
  7. Ok I might have figured out my issue it’s the system I can’t play on 4K after update I had...

in XboX Insiders
    Ok I might have figured out my issue it’s the system I can’t play on 4K after update I had...: Please help submitted by /u/joedoe37 [link] [comments]
  8. I can’t play Forza horizon 4 online what do I do

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t play Forza horizon 4 online what do I do: I have the full game and I used to play it a lot but now when I try to join a friend it takes like 15 minutes and then it gives me an error code do you know what I need to do to play with my...
  9. Still can’t play Minecraft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still can’t play Minecraft: We downgraded from ultimate to live gold and now son cant play minecraft. Uninstalled reinstalled but not working?? Just says he needs ultimate pass to play? c2e21a5e-9f42-4de6-8f2e-8f231ff7b615
  10. Suddenly can’t play cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Suddenly can’t play cloud gaming.: For the past couple of days, I was trying out the cloud gaming feature. Out of nowhere though, i suddenly wasn’t able to check it out and kept getting stumped with the message saying it’s...