I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

Discus and support I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Every once in awhile I turn on my Xbox 360 to play some of the games that I have, which includes RDR. Recently I felt like playing it again, but this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX, Jul 28, 2019.

1. I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

Every once in awhile I turn on my Xbox 360 to play some of the games that I have, which includes RDR. Recently I felt like playing it again, but this time I decided to play it on my Xbox One because I know that it’s compatible and it even appears on the Store. But when I put the disc in, it tells me: “It’s impossible to play this game on this console. For more information on what games you can play check xbox.com/BackCompat” or something along those lines. Now, my version of the game is a Platinum Hit and I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I honestly can’t see how it could.

If you know why this is happening I would gladly appreciate if you could explain it for me.

Thanks in advances.

submitted by /u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX
    [link] [comments]

/u/Xxx_Henry64_xxX, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Miss Bijoux Win User

RDR: Single Player

Hi OrcaAmity -

When you're playing Red Dead Redemption, are you leaving your disc in your Xbox One Console? Even though the game is installed from the disc, the disc is still required to play Backwards Compatible games unless you own the game digitally.

Let us know if not so we can continue to look into the issue. :)
  3. Burnin TODI Win User

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility List Leaked.

Even though it looks like a nice list, I was hoping for skyrim and red dead redemption.
  4. DapperCrane Win User

Play again for the first time?

Red Dead Redemption. Even though the game is backwards compatible I would purchase a DLC if they remastered it.
  5. Marwood II 87 Win User

What game should I get for Christmas?

Skyrim, and also get Red Dead Redemption, I bought that this year even though it came out in 2010 and it's one of thebest games I've played this year, but Skyrim just blows it out the water
  6. Joel Cubbin Win User

Black Ops 2 Constant Freezing After Treyarch Intro

Yes, I have tried that. Also, I'm having glitches in Red Dead Redemption and I've had constant freezing in GTA V, but that's about it. I think Red Dead Redemption's disc is just old, but I'm not sure about GTA V.
Thema:

I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

1. I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc - Similar Threads - can’t play Red

2. Can’t load a game to play I can load every game except one. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t load a game to play I can load every game except one. Why?: Anyone having problems loading the Division 2? a90464b6-0187-4d11-a35d-76a9879d792e
  3. Can’t play games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play games.: i hqve xbox game pass and ea access but it still wont let me play any games, any idea on why this is happening or what this is from? 91e3923b-b013-46c4-b2a6-adacedb8564d
  4. Can’t play Fallout 4 (Game pass)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t play Fallout 4 (Game pass): When I start the game it loads for a few seconds then goes to error message screen saying “Check back in a while”.... Any ETA? 7789ab01-a290-4cd3-8140-70173a8d67dc
  5. Can’t sign in can’t play games, error code 0x87DD0006

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t sign in can’t play games, error code 0x87DD0006: Cant sign in for past 3 hours, restarted modem twice, deleted profile, full rebooted 3 times, removed all my billing information. Really tried everything just want to play...
  6. Dude I can’t play a game!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dude I can’t play a game!!: I was playing Fallout but then a black screen... error code 0x97e107df. I used xbox.com/errorhelp and put in the code but did not work. I have know idea was going on!?...
  7. Can’t play on realms

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t play on realms: It won’t let me accept the invitation to my friend’s realm, when i try to it tells me to go to aka.ms/accountsettings i have every setting enabled to play with other people on multiplayer, how do...
  8. Can’t play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t play online: So basically i have xbox live gold but cant play online.....any time i try im greeted with a nice little screen prompting me to buy xbox live and xbox game pass ultimate This is the THRID month...
  9. Can’t play Xbox live or join a party, even though I have Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t play Xbox live or join a party, even though I have Xbox live: so yesterday morning i bought a year subscription to EA access and later in the day i noticed i couldnt join my friends party and xbox said i needed xbox live. I’ve checked my subscriptions on the...
  10. I can’t play my games with gold event though I have an active Xbox live membership.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t play my games with gold event though I have an active Xbox live membership.: I have downloaded Battlefield 1 with the games with gold function and then it worked perfectly. But when I now a few months later try to play it again it says that I need to renew my xbox live...