I can't record and clip with the xBox game bar

Discus and support I can't record and clip with the xBox game bar in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello I have 2 problems: 1- I can't record with the Xbox Game bar (Win+G) Video of the problem 2- I can't clip with the Xbox Game bar (Win+G) Video... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by The Fishy, May 3, 2021.

1. The Fishy
    The Fishy Guest

The Fishy, May 3, 2021
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Issues with Game Bar

Hi Raven,

Thanks for your post! I understand you're experiencing issues with recording clips. Do you mind posting the exact error message you are seeing when attempting to record clips? Have you attempted to record clips in any other games using the Game Bar? For
    troubleshooting Game Bar, check out this article:
    Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Please let us know.
  3. The Fishy Win User

Where do I check for updates? there is no updates I think
  4. The Fishy Win User

I have an older and very bad laptop where I don't have any issue with the Xbox Game bar.
    This laptop is the Lenovo Legion Y520. It was for my brother and I was using it to play games, I haven't this issue. But now we added my account on it and removed a lot of his stuff and recording with Xbox Game bar isn't working anymore.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

open settings and make sure all windows updates are current

open windows store and check for updates as gamebar updates from there

remove and re install the graphics driver.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

as you are on a laptop it maybe down to a hardware limitation, not all integrated graphics support recording.

what model laptop and what integrated graphics is it using
Thema:

1. I can't record and clip with the xBox game bar - Similar Threads - can't record clip

2. Xbox series x can't handle recording 4k clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x can't handle recording 4k clip: My xbox series x constantly lags when recording clips (30 seconds clips) and crash when doing a full screen record. I have alpha skip also the audio is sometime out of sync submitted by...
  3. I can't find my friends recorded clips anymore and need help.

in XboX Insiders
    I can't find my friends recorded clips anymore and need help.: It used to be easy to see your friends clips but now I'm having a hard time finding them. Is the only way to see clips now is through their activity feed? submitted by /u/nicklegit50 [link]...
  4. Why can't xbox record headset mic when saving game clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't xbox record headset mic when saving game clips?: My son wants to record his voice over gameclips he makes and there is an option to record mic however it does not work. I don't want to set him up on a another app just to record a clip. Is this...
  5. Can't Record Clips in Beta Ring Ever Since 4 Builds Ago

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Record Clips in Beta Ring Ever Since 4 Builds Ago: I haven't been able to clip since 4 builds ago. Sometimes it will work but 90% of the time it will fail and wont save anything. Im on Xbox One S. Anybody else having this issue? submitted by...
  6. Can't Record Gamer Clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Record Gamer Clips: I was playing destiny 2 & I hit an amazing sniper clip. I went to record it & the Xbox was saying that the game doesn't allow recording. So I went to Titanfall 2 & I had the same problem. I was...
  7. Can't upload clips recorded on Windows 10 DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't upload clips recorded on Windows 10 DVR: Me and some friends are trying to record and upload videos with our party chat. I am streaming my Xbox One to the windows 10 app and using the Game Bar to record. I have it set up so it records...
  8. Can't Record Gamer Clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Record Gamer Clips: I was playing destiny 2 & I hit an amazing sniper clip. I went to record it & the Xbox was saying that the game doesn't allow recording. So I went to Titanfall 2 & I had the same problem. I was...
  9. Can't Record Clips on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Record Clips on Xbox One: I'm currently having a major issue with recording clips/taking screenshots. The usual option of pressing "X" or "Y" to save a clip/screenshot after double-tapping the home button is gone, and I...
  10. My PC can't record clips anymore but it was able to do it previously. What's the problem now??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC can't record clips anymore but it was able to do it previously. What's the problem now??: My Pc says that I don't has the hardware for recording game dvr but the last time I tried to do it (1 month ago), I was able to record game dvr. What's the trouble with my hardware now? Any help...