i cant redeem a gift card

Discus and support i cant redeem a gift card in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My brother recently gave me his old Xbox one with about 2 months lest of live on it so when that ran out I went to enter the code he gave me for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by slenslin, Feb 15, 2020.

1. slenslin
    slenslin Guest

My brother recently gave me his old Xbox one with about 2 months lest of live on it so when that ran out I went to enter the code he gave me for another six months but it didn't work so I just want to know what I can do to fix this issue

(P.S. it said code not found. Try re-entering it. if that doesn't work, contact the merchant)

:)

slenslin, Feb 15, 2020
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able redeem a code.

As per the
    Digital Code Solution
    , make sure that you are using all the correct characters when attempting to redeem this code. If this is not a physical pre-paid code, keep in mind that the following characters do not appear in digital codes "A,
    E
    , I, L,
    O, S, U,
    0, 1, and 5".

Additionally, if you are certain that these characters are all correct, your best bet would be to

Request a new digital code
    . This will require you to provide specific information reguarding this code, and the more you provide, the more likley you are to recieve favaorable feedback.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  3. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Hi, there might be a pin a number on the card or the back that you have to activate first in order to use the card. I know that has happened to me before because I didn't activate the card first. Or there's a telephone number you
    call to activate the card.
  4. Smwutches Win User

hate the new xbox live rewords system

There is a sweepstakes to win a $500 gift card, but you can redeem a gift card straight out. Not everything they have to redeem is for a sweepstakes. You can redeem $3.00, $5.00, and $10.00 Xbox gift cards.
  5. RicardoReza Win User

Xbox live

I previously went on to a trip to mexico and im from the U.S. and i saw my xbox live was going to expire in a couple of days so i went to the store, and bought 2 gift cards , an xbox live gift card and a normal gift card, i went home and couldn't reddem
    the gift cards because it said it was from mexico and im in the U.S. so i changed my location to mexico and it accepted it and i forgot about the other gift card and i was so busy i had to take the gift card to the U.S. so i took my trip to the U.S. and im
    trying to redeem it and it says that i cant redeem it even though i put my location to mexico it still wont accept it so please can you help me with this
    Ricardo
  6. StephanieMCarter Win User

Gifting Games/items

Are you referring to a gift card? If a currency card is different, how would I go about doing that? I cannot use the $40 gift card I redeemed to buy more gift cards.
Thema:

1. i cant redeem a gift card - Similar Threads - cant redeem gift

2. I bought a $30 game pass gift card for my brother and i cant even redeem it, even though...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a $30 game pass gift card for my brother and i cant even redeem it, even though...: I also tried to refund my purchase but i cant even do that too for some odd reason, i would appreciate the help if anyone could help me with this problem. 796a9621-b772-430c-ad89-95d113901996
  3. my freind from a diffrent region bought me a gift but i cant redeem the code bc its from a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my freind from a diffrent region bought me a gift but i cant redeem the code bc its from a...: i tried getting a new code through xbox support and i waited 24 hours and i just recivied the message . i was wondering how i'd go about that. and get a new code for my region. or even a refund...
  4. Refund - Gift bought in UK but cant redeem in USA

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund - Gift bought in UK but cant redeem in USA: Hi, Bought a gift DLC for my mate in USA, but didnt know that you cant buy in the UK for USA, it was the DLC for dayz Livonia i can give the code when required, thanks can i ask what i need to do...
  5. Cant redeem gift cards on xbox rewards

in XBoX Rewards
    Cant redeem gift cards on xbox rewards: I am currently unable to redeem my points for gift cards on Xbox One due to risk I have no clue why this is on my account any help would be awesome aeed812c-af89-4243-a307-2be77094ed77
  6. Cant redeem 5$ gift card

in XBoX Rewards
    Cant redeem 5$ gift card: i got a message from Xbox Live saying i got a 5$ gift card to start off holiday shopping but the card was redemmed already 7373cdbc-086d-4412-a0a2-723ebe9e3f25
  7. I gifted my friend Forsaken Dlc for destiny 2 And he cant redeem the code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted my friend Forsaken Dlc for destiny 2 And he cant redeem the code: I have gifted him games before with no issue I would like this to be fixed Dont wanna try getting a refunding :( 1e8e0698-863f-4d6a-9f94-f305cbe520b1
  8. cant redeem gifted game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant redeem gifted game: my friend gifted me killer instict definitive edition but when i try to redeem it its tells me to "contact the seller to get a code that works in your region" i've tried changing regions to his...
  9. Why cant i redeem my xbox one gift cards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i redeem my xbox one gift cards?: I have three $10 dollar gift cards for my xbox one but I can only redeem one, why is this? 703ca004-32ab-499f-82ab-d3cdad725f5f
  10. Help me I cant redeem my xbox gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me I cant redeem my xbox gift card: It comes up with a error message like this code not found I entered it correctly still doesn't work 05c850ac-ded5-4b00-918f-89f4d7bd8ce7