I can't start any games on my xbox

Discus and support I can't start any games on my xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, i was wondering if you could help me wit this problem i have had since i bought my Xbox last year. I am unable to start any games on my xbox, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Harry Acton, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Harry Acton
    Harry Acton Guest

Hey, i was wondering if you could help me wit this problem i have had since i bought my Xbox last year. I am unable to start any games on my xbox, it just says to me "for some reason your game took to long to start". I have done all the procedures that
    are recommended on Xbox support but none of them work. Please look into thit

:)

Harry Acton, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Harry Acton Win User

Hi NeoDan I have tried this multiple times in the last week and it still gives the same message.
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

There might be a few reasons why you are receiving this message.

Usually doing a hard reset/power cycle fixes most of the reasons.

Press and hold the xbox logo on the front of the console until it switches off, waiting atleast 30 seconds before switching it on again.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Harry,

I'd be happy to provide some additional troubleshooting steps.
    While the Xbox is on, go ahead and do a
    hard restart and power cycle to the console.
    Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds or until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and wait 60 seconds before turning on the Xbox. Holding down the power
    button on the console to force a shutdown is an important step.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset
    1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
    2. Scroll to the right and select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the
    reset.

Try all of that out and let us know the results!
  5. Negan Beta Win User

Can't start any 360 game on xbox one.

Hi Negan,

Thanks for keeping us updated. We want you to trey and update the 360 profile. To do this follow these steps:

1. Launch a 360 game on Xbox one.
    2. Hit the menu and back button together to pull up the 360 emulator.
    3. go to download profile even if your profile shows.
    4. enter the credentials for your account.
    This updates the 360 profile, personally had the same issue as you couldn't launch any BC game. Soon as I did this I was able to play. Try this and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
    No probs so far after doing this, thanks for the info.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Can't start any 360 game on xbox one.

Hi Negan,

Thanks for keeping us updated. We want you to try and update the 360 profile. To do this follow these steps:

1. Launch a 360 game on Xbox one.
    2. Hit the menu and back button together to pull up the 360 emulator.
    3. go to download profile even if your profile shows.
    4. enter the credentials for your account.
    This updates the 360 profile, personally had the same issue as you couldn't launch any BC game. Soon as I did this I was able to play. Try this and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. I can't start any games on my xbox - Similar Threads - can't start games

2. No Man's Sky is stuck in the starting menu and I can't actually play the game

in XBoX on Windows
    No Man's Sky is stuck in the starting menu and I can't actually play the game: I just installed the game via Xbox Game Pass and for some reason when I start it, I get stuck on this screen telling me to click lmb to start. Every time I click, I hear a sound, but nothing...
  3. Can't start Metro Last Light Redux on Game Pass, even though it should be on game pass (To...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't start Metro Last Light Redux on Game Pass, even though it should be on game pass (To...: So, i saw that Metro Last Light would be removed from game pass on the 31st of August. i decided to quickly play it so i dont have to buy it later. i last played it today at 13:00, then played...
  4. Grounded can't start the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Grounded can't start the game: Hi. This message pops up when I try to start the game.. Help? [img] 671b0953-7cd3-4298-9ca0-4e77fd1bc373
  5. Can't start a custom game of halo 3 in MCC due to a bug telling me that I'm not allowed to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't start a custom game of halo 3 in MCC due to a bug telling me that I'm not allowed to...: So Yeah I have a problem where a pop up keep telling me that I can't views or use generated content until I change the setting. The thing is that The setting in question is already enable to...
  6. Can't log into Gears 5. Start the Game "Error can not log into Microsoft account. Please...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't log into Gears 5. Start the Game "Error can not log into Microsoft account. Please...: Looking to play Gears 5, beeing trying to log in for over an hour. Looking for assistance. a29b7530-e036-450d-be78-e2806b515da3
  7. No puedo iniciar un juego [I can't start a game]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No puedo iniciar un juego [I can't start a game]: No puedo iniciar el halo the master chief collection en mi perfil, en la pantalla de inicio al pusar cualquier boton se traba y me manda a la pantalla de inicio, probe el juego con otros perfiles...
  8. no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...

in XBoX on Windows
    no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...: hola gente buenas mi consulta es. llevo jugando bastante al metro exodus y de la nada no pude entrar mas al juego. quiero ingresar y me sale un cartel que me dice que en estos momentos metro...
  9. Can't start / delete games after moving them around via "Apps & Features"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't start / delete games after moving them around via "Apps & Features": Hello, I am sure I a got a pretty unusual problem for you. Because I ran out of space I bought a new SSD. I also bought an external controller for it, so I can connect the SSD temporarily to the...
  10. Nie mogę uruchomić gry "Sea of thevies". [I can't start the game "Sea of thevies".]

in XBoX on Windows
    Nie mogę uruchomić gry "Sea of thevies". [I can't start the game "Sea of thevies".]: Pobieranie przebiegło normalnie, bez żadnych problemów. Jednak gdy próbuje ją włączyć otwiera mi się na kilka sekund i potem znika. [Translation-The download went normally, without any problems....