I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag...

Discus and support I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The new gamertag allowance is 12 characters or less. How do I change it back to the original? 85868bbf-d089-4156-a549-3c927748f6d3 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PamelaDeSalvo1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag...

The new gamertag allowance is 12 characters or less. How do I change it back to the original?

:)

PamelaDeSalvo1, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Skepticality Win User

Gamertag Character limit increase

My original gamertag was 15 letters long, I changed it to something shorter but if I wanted to change it back I wouldn’t be able
  3. SgtStankMcdank Win User

I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag allowance is 12 characters or less. How do I change it back to the original?

Unfortunately there’s no way to change it to anything more than 12 characters, like the other guy said
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag allowance is 12 characters or less. How do I change it back to the original?

I'm afraid you can't. Gamertags must meet the current requirements for the tag at the time the change is requested. If your old tag no longer meets the requirements, it's not available.
  5. heKticTX Win User

Unfortunately there is no going back! Bummer!!!!
  6. steadydecline Win User

My Gamertag reset to my old one

The main issue is they took the money and the change did not happen. Any game that supports the new Gamertag system will, in fact, show the Gamertag I paid to change from.

The issue users are reporting do not want the "new" format. They paid to go back to the old format.
    They took the money and change DID happen on the new Gamertag system.

The thing is, that a lot more people wanted a change with the Gamertag system, so Xbox listened and created the new Gamertag system to please the majority of people that wanted to have their desired Gamertag, even if someone already has that Gamertag.

But as it is with everything else: You can't please every single person. A company as big as Microsoft has to make decisions based on what the majority wants.

If only a few people had complained about the current Gamertag system, Xbox would have saved a lot of money and work and kept the old system. But so many people wanted a change, so they got the new system.

You are not understanding the issue.

This an edge case where users used the free "new" Gamertag change. But then was allowed to pay to change back to an old 15 char name. After the new update users are now seeing the original "new" Gamertag again sometimes months after paying for the old one
    back.
Thema:

I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag...

1. I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag... - Similar Threads - changed gamertag change

2. Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change: I changed my GT yesterday through my XBone, no issues. However, when I went to play a game I had previously downloaded via Game Pass, my old GT was the only profile listed and I was unable to sign...
  3. cambiar el gamertag [Mod Translation - change gamertag]

in XBoX on Consoles
    cambiar el gamertag [Mod Translation - change gamertag]: quiero quitar los numero del gamertag como lo hago cuando cambio me dice que ya estoy usando ese nombre o no se puede quitar los numeros? [Mod Translation - I want to remove the gamertag...
  4. Changing Gamertag issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing Gamertag issues: Hi! When I try to change my gamertag here, I always get an error message that says something like “Contact us at microsoft support. We had a problem processing your payment, and we would like to...
  5. Changed Gamertag on Xbox 360, 2 gamertags on Xbox One??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed Gamertag on Xbox 360, 2 gamertags on Xbox One??: I recently changed my Gamertag on the 360, however when I sign into the Xbox One it shows both gamertags, only shows my old gamertag when signing in. Its kinda frustrating I paid for a gamertag...
  6. Changing gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing gamertag: Okay so I want to change my gamertag but I don’t want to pay $10. I think this price is rather expensive to change a name. Even companies like Playstation don’t charge that much. For example, they...
  7. Fee to change Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Fee to change Gamertag: Does anyone else think it's a bit ridiculous to charge $10 CAN to simply change my gamer tag? Just wow. 6b67d6bb-5e4d-4ae7-aa1e-9e4e351e90c6
  8. Why cant i change my gamertag?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why cant i change my gamertag?: I just cant change my gamertag it says "sorry, we couldnt get info, please try again" comment on posts are also broken, please help. Sorry for my bad english 45c78327-24e3-443b-a64c-6ff102fdbca1
  9. Can't change Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change Gamertag: When I try to change my Gamertag on console, it says oops try again and when I try on my laptop on Xbox.com it says Error one or more services are experiencing an outage please try again later. I...
  10. when I try to change my gamertag there’s an error...

in XBoX Accessibility
    when I try to change my gamertag there’s an error...: so when i press my gamertag is says “that didn’t work. sorry, give that another try” i tried resetting my xbox, unpluging it, trying to change i thet gamerrtag on the website but it says the same...