I changed my gamertag and now I can't log on to EA play or play any of the games

Discus and support I changed my gamertag and now I can't log on to EA play or play any of the games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The message I receive is: Linked Accounts Found Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PoopyWort, Jul 11, 2021.

1. PoopyWort
    PoopyWort Guest

I changed my gamertag and now I can't log on to EA play or play any of the games

The message I receive is:

Linked Accounts Found

Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** was previously linked to the Xbox account for BrawnierRain991. An EA Account can only be linked to one Xbox account in its lifetime.

My question is, if I change my gamertag back to the stupid default one, will I go back to being able to use my EA play account. Seems like a massive oversight on Microsoft's part, since I didn't change my email info or my "account", I just changed it from the idiotic names they generate when you first sign up.

Thank you!

:)

PoopyWort, Jul 11, 2021
  2. WantedBread4953 Win User

I am listed on my xbox as one gamertag, but when I try to log in on the computer it comes up with a generic gamertag. I can't change anything, and if I try to change the generic tag to my tag on the xbox, it tells me that name is already taken. Also, the
    generic tag does not have any of the games that I play on it. I used to be able to log in with my old tag, but for some reason it has all changed.
  3. signoftheserpent Win User

New gamertags

that's unfortunate as that's now the only way i can play ea games online forevermore. I deleted my ea account months ago and that, according to them, is the only solution: new gamertag with new email address (even though a new gamertag will be associated
    with the old MS passport address which is the email i used on ea's log in). No BF3 for me then.
  4. ii Am DeTeCToR Win User

Can't Connect to Servers

I recovered my account on my uncles xbox and when I recovered it back on mine I can't connect to EA!! Iv been playing sims n it doesn't connect and NOW I just downloaded the battle field 3 beta and I can't play bcoz it doesn't connect to EA!! Is there away
    of changing my EA account to a different one because iv just made a new one n I don't know how to make that ma new one to sign into when I play sims or any other EA games ... HELP!!
  5. OutlawedSaint Win User

Can't connect to EA servers when in game.

Hi Gronk, have you tried this on any other EA server game besides NHL13? The reason why I ask is this happened to me once before, but I could not connect to EA on any game, in my case the problem was when I first played a game using EA servers and fed it
    an email and password well by the time I had made it to my 2nd EA server game both changed, I had to go to the website and correct/update info, I dont know if you have changed anything from the first time you played or logged into an EA server but thought
    I would share this with you anyway, good luck to you.
  6. Yezzmina Win User

EA Says that im not old enough

EA uses their own service you log in with to access EA games. It uses that age to determine if you are old enough to play their games. Issues are common with children under 13 playing battlefield. Basically the answer is the same, you cant change the age
    on the EA account. you need to make a new one there that's old enough and associate the new account with your gamertag.
Thema:

1. I changed my gamertag and now I can't log on to EA play or play any of the games - Similar Threads - changed gamertag can't

2. Can't change email associated with my gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change email associated with my gamertag: Hello I would like to change the email associated with my xbox account so that I can transfer my achievements to my new microsoft account. I tried doing it from my xbox 360, but I get an error...
  3. ไม่สามารถเปลี่ยน Xbox Gamertag (I can't change Xbox Gamertag)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ไม่สามารถเปลี่ยน Xbox Gamertag (I can't change Xbox Gamertag): ไม่สามารถเปลี่ยน Xbox Gamertag ได้ เนื่องจากเมื่อถึงขั้นตอน Add a credit card or debit card ไม่สามารถเปลี่ยน Country/Region เป็น Thailand ได้ I can't change Xbox Gamertag because I can't change...
  4. Can't purchase 360 Marketplace content after gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't purchase 360 Marketplace content after gamertag change: Hi all, I can no longer purchase things through the 360 Marketplace after a gamertag change. Is there a way to fix my account? This is what I see when trying to purchase (and there are payment...
  5. I can't change my gamertag, it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change my gamertag, it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.": I want to change my gamertag to "shimarin237" but i get an error message and i'm not sure why it doesn't let me since it's between the 12 character limit and doesn't start with a number. I also...
  6. I can't change my gamertag, I spent 30$ yet I still got the same one ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change my gamertag, I spent 30$ yet I still got the same one ??: Like what type of bamboozle is this 15feb2f5-16d0-474c-a1a1-4f1084e7708d
  7. Can't Change Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Change Gamertag: I tried to change my name for Xbox the other day. After putting in the new name on https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag, I clicked "Change Gamertag". Nothing happened, other than the...
  8. Can't change gamertag?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't change gamertag?: I've changed my gamertag before but I'm trying to change it again but I can't buy it? I tried looking to buy it but it's not giving me the option to. When I press change gamertag nothing...
  9. Can't change my Gamertag !!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change my Gamertag !!!!!: HI I want to change my gt on my pc with the xbox app but when I want to change it and press the button nothing happened, I can't even buy a new one. I don't understand the pb, plus I cant use a...
  10. Can't change gamertag, 403 forbidden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change gamertag, 403 forbidden: Hi, I am trying to change my gamertag using this page : https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag The gamertag is available, I click change but nothing happens. When I look in the Edge developer...