I changed my name but the system put numbers after it

Discus and support I changed my name but the system put numbers after it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So basically I wanted to change my gamertag and chosen "CHRlS" I thought that it would have been my next name but then I found myself being called... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fChrls, Oct 24, 2019.

1. fChrls
    fChrls Guest

So basically I wanted to change my gamertag and chosen "CHRlS" I thought that it would have been my next name but then I found myself being called "CHRlS5288".Is there a way to change it?If yes how?I thanks already all the helpers.

:)

fChrls, Oct 24, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there fChrls,

There was recently an update with updating your Gamertag where the system will add a suffix to your name if the one you have chosen has already been taken to differentiate users while online.

"New Xbox players or players who want to change are allowed to register a gamertag of their choice, up to 12 characters. If it’s already taken by someone else, we will assign a suffix with numbers to differentiate
    you from other people with the same name. We will also auto-format the gamertag to show the suffix subtly in a different font so focus will be on the name you chose but the suffix will always be shown. If you want to change your gamertag using these updates,
    your first change is free, but every subsequent change will cost the same amount we currently charge for a gamertag change ($9.99 in the U.S.)."

You can find more information by checking out the
    Gamertag Update FAQ

I hope this helps.
  3. Smwutches Win User

4. ngocphi Win User

gamertag

That would not be an system assigned name

That would probably be as generaated name based on your choices

Which does not qualify for a name change

Randomly generated names would be two nice names and a number

Your name looks More like. Name generated by your previous choices

That would make your account way before the randomly generated name system

And the free name change only applies 30days after the creation of the account
  5. HalleyMcGee Win User

Gamertag is unique but still has an ID number after

i contacted support and they wouldn't give me an answer as to why my profile wasn't coming up when searching and that the system automatically put the numbers after without warning that it would. which is BS and now i have to spend money to change it again.
  6. DreadCamp Win User

Revert Gametag

So I Changed My GamerTag Because I Didn't Like The Previous One.. So When Changed It It Got Number After The Name Which I Don't Like.. Is There Anyway To Revert Back To The Old GT Without Paying?? Please Help!
    The number is for people who have the same name or a similar name. You can try contacting microsofts support team who can try and change your name back
Thema:

1. I changed my name but the system put numbers after it - Similar Threads - changed name system

2. i NEED to change my club name!

in XBoX Accessibility
    i NEED to change my club name!: I accidentally changed my club name and now it won't let me change it back. it was originally clan valiant but now its clan valian. and I can't delete it because it has 40+ members. I would please...
  3. Name Changing Settings

in XBoX on Mobile
    Name Changing Settings: So every time i hop on xbox app and try to change my name (not gamertag) it says sorry we had trouble getting this info can anyone help me 2a3c230b-65e9-4b28-bbc2-34b4927c4a7d
  4. Changed My Name it has a suffix but no one else has the name.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed My Name it has a suffix but no one else has the name.: So i changed my name and it has the suffix but my old account with the name had the old gamertag style so no one has the name the only name that is the same is my old account with spaces. I Don't...
  5. Enforcement overturned my forced name change, original name not given.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement overturned my forced name change, original name not given.: Hey, how are you? After 18 years my gamertag was forced to be changed by xbox representatives. I registered it in 2002 when xbox live was first launched. I petitioned they give me back my...
  6. Unwanted Name Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unwanted Name Change: The other day I received a notification from Xbox Live for a enforcement action in regards to my real name. This is an account my 10 year old daughter mostly uses and she has come to me crying...
  7. Charging for Name Tag Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Charging for Name Tag Change: Hi I am Just checking my account for my daughter and she wanted to change her Gmae Tag, Typical Kid changes every five mins, anyway went intoo change it for her only for MS to come back with a...
  8. changing email and name

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing email and name: i created an account using my email for my son a while ago. Now I need to start using parental controls and my son's account is under my email. I cant just go under my account and change it to a...
  9. New name change system.

in XBoX Accessibility
    New name change system.: Okay, when Microsoft came out and released the free name change early this year I used the name change and wasn't satisfied with my gamertag, so I changed it back to what I originally had. Now...
  10. Xbox Reporting System changes report to "offensive name" upon sending

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Reporting System changes report to "offensive name" upon sending: Hello, The last few times I've reported another player for inactivity or quitting early, I go to submit the report, and just before it sends it changes the report to "reporting user for offensive...