I changed my name but the system put numbers after it

Discus and support I changed my name but the system put numbers after it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So basically I wanted to change my gamertag and chosen "CHRlS" I thought that it would have been my next name but then I found myself being called... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fChrls, Oct 24, 2019.

1. fChrls
    fChrls Guest

So basically I wanted to change my gamertag and chosen "CHRlS" I thought that it would have been my next name but then I found myself being called "CHRlS5288".Is there a way to change it?If yes how?I thanks already all the helpers.

:)

fChrls, Oct 24, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there fChrls,

There was recently an update with updating your Gamertag where the system will add a suffix to your name if the one you have chosen has already been taken to differentiate users while online.

"New Xbox players or players who want to change are allowed to register a gamertag of their choice, up to 12 characters. If it’s already taken by someone else, we will assign a suffix with numbers to differentiate
    you from other people with the same name. We will also auto-format the gamertag to show the suffix subtly in a different font so focus will be on the name you chose but the suffix will always be shown. If you want to change your gamertag using these updates,
    your first change is free, but every subsequent change will cost the same amount we currently charge for a gamertag change ($9.99 in the U.S.)."

You can find more information by checking out the
    Gamertag Update FAQ

I hope this helps.
  3. Smwutches Win User

4. ngocphi Win User

gamertag

That would not be an system assigned name

That would probably be as generaated name based on your choices

Which does not qualify for a name change

Randomly generated names would be two nice names and a number

Your name looks More like. Name generated by your previous choices

That would make your account way before the randomly generated name system

And the free name change only applies 30days after the creation of the account
  5. ngocphi Win User

Change my gamertag

I would like to change my gamertag because I couldn't choose it when I first signed up and then I changd with my free gamertag
    Becsuee the free gamertag change doesnt apply to you

Your name is a cusromized name

Not a randomly generated name

Just because its a suggestion not your first pick doesnt mean you didnt choose it

An system generated name is an emotion plus a fluffy animal and an series of numbers

So happybunny1234 would be a system generated name
  6. StefanNeubauer Win User

Changing my gamertag to a more anonymous one

actually you did Change your Name, every System created Name consist out of 2 words + a random number.
Thema:

1. I changed my name but the system put numbers after it - Similar Threads - changed name system

2. Cant change my name free on XBOX?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change my name free on XBOX?: I never changed it earlier but i should be able to change it the first time i do. c961f35a-3480-4aba-9e0b-8888dbe31a16
  3. change profile name xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    change profile name xbox live account: how do I change the profile name , NOT THE GAMERTAG on my xbox account? 94ca7ad7-130f-40bf-b193-b8f80b9fb019
  4. Can not change xbox name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can not change xbox name: every time I try to change my name it always says "name change wasn't made" is there away to fix this. I need help 273b462b-8b9b-4869-a372-d2a35d4badd7
  5. Xbox Reporting System changes report to "offensive name" upon sending

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Reporting System changes report to "offensive name" upon sending: Hello, The last few times I've reported another player for inactivity or quitting early, I go to submit the report, and just before it sends it changes the report to "reporting user for offensive...
  6. Legal name change... wanting to change my email associated with account!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Legal name change... wanting to change my email associated with account!: Hey all, I've had a legal name change, and so want to change the email that is associated with this account. I'm wondering if Xbox/Microsoft has helped anyone do that before and if it's possible?...
  7. Change Xbox name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change Xbox name: Hey there! I want to change my Xbox name. I have never done this before, but it says that I changed it once. And I do not know how to change my name, because always this window opens and I have...
  8. I want to change my Xbox Gamertag... not to a new name but a variant of my existing name....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to change my Xbox Gamertag... not to a new name but a variant of my existing name....: Let's say my name is CoolGamerName. I want to change it to COOLgamerNAME. Thanks! a96fd8f5-ccce-42b6-bf93-879438b11935
  9. New ToS & Taken Name Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    New ToS & Taken Name Change: There's something that I've been wondering about for a while now. I've been wanting to make a name change to my gamertag on Xbox, but the name has been taken by an account that appears to be old,...
  10. Name change for free glitch

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Name change for free glitch: So there's this glitch that allows you change your name for free, my friend even did it. Is it banable? 1682a2be-8283-4636-9e1b-7bc0652d1152