I cleaned the dust off of my xbox one and now it won't turn on

Discus and support I cleaned the dust off of my xbox one and now it won't turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I used my xbox one nearly every day since 2018 without a problem. It was in a very well ventilated area, but still accumulated dust from time to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by flyinghellshark, Apr 6, 2021.

1. I cleaned the dust off of my xbox one and now it won't turn on

So I used my xbox one nearly every day since 2018 without a problem. It was in a very well ventilated area, but still accumulated dust from time to time. Every time, I'd use a soft cloth to remove the dust, and there would be no problem.

I just got a new controller in the mail today, and I had trouble finding the sync button due to the way my xbox one is positioned. I used a light to find it, and the light really made my xbox look dirty. So, I decided to turn the xbox off and clean it (before I turned it off though, I swiped the front with my finger to remove some of the dust, and a disc I forgot I had in the drive popped out and kind of got stuck because of how my xbox is positioned).

I cleaned the xbox, and I admit that I was really trying to get the cloth deep in the parts with a lot of dust. Maybe too much? Also, at one point I did try to blow some of the dust away, and maybe some of the droplets from my mouth got into the xbox? I'm not sure, but I know it's possible.

I turned on the console with the brand new controller fresh out of the box, and it came on. Immediately, the menu popped up on screen for about 2 seconds, showing all of my recent activity and everything, and then the whole console shut off without warning afterwards.

Now, it won't come back on. I tried unplugging the power supply and waiting a few minutes before plugging it back, but that doesn't seem to be working. Is there anything else I can do? Is it possible to save it? If I leave it alone for a day and maybe let the spit droplets dry, is it possible that it could come back on?

Thanks in advance for any help

:)

flyinghellshark, Apr 6, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello flyinghellshark, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

If your Xbox console won't turn on, your power supply may be faulty or improperly connected!

It may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the power cord from the console.
    2. Wait 10 seconds.
    3. Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console.

If the issue persists, here are some points to check:

• Check that the wall outlet you’re using is working with other devices.
    • Check that the power cable is firmly connected to the wall outlet and to your console.
    • Ensure that you're using the power cable that came with your console, and that it's the correct cable for your region.

If your console still will not turn on, it needs to be serviced. To request service, sign in to Microsoft account | Devices with your Microsoft account and submit a service order.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Hi flyinghellshark

This support page, Reset power supply solution has instructions to test the power brick and the meaning of the different lights that appear or not when powering on.

As far as the dust is concerned I find using a vacuum cleaner, after disconnecting the console power cable, to remove dust from ventilation holes, better than blowing the dust with compressed air.
  4. flyinghellshark Win User

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried it. I'm not too hopeful about it. I'm fully ready to just get a new console, if I can find one since they're out of stock everywhere lol.
  5. flyinghellshark Win User

Hi, thanks for your reply! I am still having issues, but I'm curious if it is at all because there is too much residual dust in my power brick. I don't think I've ever cleaned it since I got the console. It was positioned next to the console against the side of my entertainment center, just collecting dust these past few years. As I was cleaning the console, I gave no thought to the power brick, and I moved the power brick where dust may have collected.

Is it possible my issues stem from this? Is it possible that compressed air can clean the dust, and my console can work again?
  6. christianharris Win User

My Xbox One won't turn on properly

I would suggest getting your xbox cleaned for dust, if that doesn't work, i would suggest getting he power supply or fan looked at. If the system fan isnt working or the dust build up is too great, there is a chance the xbox won't turn on properly. If
    the power supply is suffering, their could be a similar effect. But the safest, fast, and cost effective route is getting your xbox cleaned for dust, due to the fact that your xbox may just need a cleaning but if that's not the problem, i would move on to
    the fan, and the last option would be the power supply.
Thema:

1. I cleaned the dust off of my xbox one and now it won't turn on - Similar Threads - cleaned dust off

2. DUBAI @Ssd chemical solution for cleaning black money +27623068624 in uganda,south Africa,South Suda

in XBoX on Consoles
    DUBAI @Ssd chemical solution for cleaning black money +27623068624 in uganda,south Africa,South Suda: +27623068624 +27623068624 +27623068624 +27623068624 +27623068624 FREE STATE SSD CHEMICAL SOLU TION SUPPLIERS FOR CLEANING BLACK MONEY +27623068624 in Lenasia , Lawley , Protea Glen , Chiawelo ,...
  3. DUBAI @California $$+27833928661 Pure Ssd Chemical For Cleaning All stained notes in paarl@OMAN

in XBoX TV Hardware
    DUBAI @California $$+27833928661 Pure Ssd Chemical For Cleaning All stained notes in paarl@OMAN: @California $$+27833928661 Pure Ssd Chemical For Cleaning All Black and White Notes +27833928661 kennroger7@gmail.com in South Africa,USA Call For ssd chemical solution +27833928661,United Kingdom...
  4. DUBAI @Original super s.s.d chemical solution call +27833928661 for money$$$ cleaning %%%%@OMAN

in XBoX on Mobile
    DUBAI @Original super s.s.d chemical solution call +27833928661 for money$$$ cleaning %%%%@OMAN: England,Dubai,USA,Germany,Spain,Mexico,Oman,Italy,Switzerland,China,South Africa,Namibia,Zambia,and all the world call +27833928661 for the best ssd chemical solution Standard S.s.d black/defaced...
  5. DUBAI @Ssd chemical solution for cleaning black money +27833928661 in uganda,south Africa,South Suda

in XBoX on Windows
    DUBAI @Ssd chemical solution for cleaning black money +27833928661 in uganda,south Africa,South Suda: FREE STATE SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION SUPPLIERS FOR CLEANING BLACK MONEY +27833928661 in Lenasia , Lawley , Protea Glen , Chiawelo , Protea North , Zakariyya Park , Eldorado Park A/H , Orlando ,...
  6. Xbox one S dust cleaning advice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S dust cleaning advice: Hello, so I have a question regarding how to clean the dust off the Xbox One S. More specifically how to get the dust from inside the console out of it, I heard about using compressed air products...
  7. Xbox One S dust-cleaning dust advice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S dust-cleaning dust advice: Does anyone know what I can use to clean off the dust from my console? I know compressed air helps, but I want to know what proper products that involve compressed air can help clean the dust...
  8. Can I use a vacuum to clean out the dust of my xbox one S Fan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a vacuum to clean out the dust of my xbox one S Fan?: I dont know if something is wrong with my xbox power cord or its just overheating, i think that its overheating, but can i use a vacuum to clean out the dust? like suck it out of the fan?...
  9. How to clean the dust

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to clean the dust: How to clean dust off the top vent for XBOX One? I can see the dust accumulating on top of the fans, how do I clean it? What is the best way to do it? 95df4505-ef73-4d84-808d-2732afdfacaf
  10. Xbox 360 Dust / Cleaning Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Dust / Cleaning Question: Hello All, On the advice of Xbox Support, I was cleaning out a “dust bunny” (visible when the disc tray was extended) from my Xbox 360 Elite console with a Q-tip when I twice brushed a gear/piece...