I deleted my old microsoft account in order to use it as an alias for my Xbox Account, but...

Discus and support I deleted my old microsoft account in order to use it as an alias for my Xbox Account, but... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I deleted my old Microsoft account and used that same email as an alias, and when I tried to login using that email, it said that the account didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jolive_, Nov 26, 2021.

1. jolive_
    jolive_ Guest

I deleted my old microsoft account in order to use it as an alias for my Xbox Account, but...

I deleted my old Microsoft account and used that same email as an alias, and when I tried to login using that email, it said that the account didn't exist. However, when I tried to make a new account using that same email, it said that the email was already in use.

How can I use this same email on both my Xbox and my PC?

:)

jolive_, Nov 26, 2021
  2. ll Merkaba ll Win User

Change gamertag email on Xbox One

I changed the email on my gamer tag by signing in to microsoft live account, creating a new alias and assigning it as the primary account, then deleting the old alias.
  3. BLaZiNgSPEED Win User

Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to Another Microsoft Account Email?

Many thanks for your detailed explanation!

I'm confused about this part.
    "Note The email address that you enter can't already be in use as a Microsoft account alias."

That means I can't for example create a new outlook email address and attach it as the primary alias for my current Xbox Live gamertag? And if that's not possible for example and instead I attach a non Microsoft email address, what if I then delete my Microsoft
    Account? It says that if I request deletion I have to wait 60 days.

If after 60 days my Microsoft Account and live.co.uk email gets deleted will I be able to login to my Xbox Live account using the new email address that is changed for it as the primary alias? This part I am confused and need some clarity before I decide to
    proceed.

Because if the old existing Microsoft Account is still somehow linked with my Xbox Live Game profile and I then delete it and this erases the Xbox Live Gamertag+profile this will be a disaster.
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox Profile Email

Hey there JacybPorter,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, when you update the primary email address (alias) to a Microsoft account you are simply replacing the old one. Unfortunately there is no way to actually move the Xbox profile to a new Microsoft account.

Just be aware that replacing the alias will delete the old one and replace it with the new one, in other words if replaced it will delete your dads alias and replace it with the new one.

You can find more information by following the link below:

I hope this helps.
  5. RedCarGamer Win User

Transfering xbox account info and data to a new one

Then, as an alternative, can I change the email that is linked to the information? Or somehow link two mails to the account?
    You can
    change the email associated to that gamertag
    , but you can never delete the old email or all information is gonna be deleted. This is know as "alias" this means that you create another alias (email address) to the same Microsoft Account.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

I deleted my old microsoft account in order to use it as an alias for my Xbox Account, but now I can't login using the alias. Help!

once you delete a microsoft account then it is closed, that is also the xbox account as they are one in the same.
Thema:

1. I deleted my old microsoft account in order to use it as an alias for my Xbox Account, but... - Similar Threads - deleted old microsoft

2. Xbox app for PC download canceled after pc was turned off and wont delete old storage or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app for PC download canceled after pc was turned off and wont delete old storage or...: I've had not many issues with the Xbox app except downloads, every time I have to download a game, I must keep my pc on for days on end. This evening I accidentally kicked my powerstrip causing my...
  3. Deleting old cloud save data on a PC game bought through the Microsoft Store and played...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleting old cloud save data on a PC game bought through the Microsoft Store and played...: Hi, I want to completely start over on Yakuza 0. I installed this game several months ago when I subscribed to Gamepass for PC. I have since cancelled that service, but took advantage of a sale...
  4. How to delete old save games in dragon age origins for xbox 360 but played on xbox one s

in XBoX on Windows
    How to delete old save games in dragon age origins for xbox 360 but played on xbox one s: Hi,I have tried everything written in xbox assistant and on this site but i can't remove my saved games on Dragon Age Origins for XBox 360 but played on XBox one s. I want to begin a new game,but...
  5. How to Delete old 360 cloud data.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to Delete old 360 cloud data.: Ok, so this is more of an answer than a question but the thread that started this was locked and what I learned I had to post. I was having trouble trying to delete my 360 save data from the...
  6. Transfer and replace a Gamertag, delete old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer and replace a Gamertag, delete old account: Hi i tried to figure out how to solve my problem by reading FAQs, chatting and telephoning with the support and read through old board entries. But no success. My szenario: Account 1:...
  7. Deleting an old address

in XBoX on Windows
    Deleting an old address: Hello, I have been trying to delete my old address on my Microsoft account to buy Xbox Game Pass but because my Microsoft account says that my old address is still used for payments on my...
  8. How do I delete old Xbox 360 saved data?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I delete old Xbox 360 saved data?: I haven't had an Xbox in years, but today I got the Series S, and I've downloaded many of the old 360 games I used to play, in which all of them seem to be running my old save files from years...
  9. [xbox game bar] Old deleted files still populated in the "shortcut" list

in XBoX on Windows
    [xbox game bar] Old deleted files still populated in the "shortcut" list: Greetings !! It is four days now I'm trying to locate where the application stores the shortcuts to the deleted old clips recorded using the game bar. The application works but I think it is the...
  10. Why can't Microsoft delete old and unused gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't Microsoft delete old and unused gamertags: I just want to retrieve my old gamertag from back in the original Xbox days. I don't recall my information from back then so calling doesn't help. How is it that Microsoft doesn't just delete...