I don't know how to cancel my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription

Discus and support I don't know how to cancel my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I logged into my Microsoft account and was met with a notification stating I needed to renew my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription. I clicked the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NameIsKarma, Feb 23, 2021.

1. NameIsKarma
    NameIsKarma Guest

I logged into my Microsoft account and was met with a notification stating I needed to renew my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription. I clicked the "Pay Now" option and was brought to my account page, and from there I clicked on the "Your subscription expired" box.

[Mod removed - personal information}

I didn't find any option to cancel the subscription, so I clicked on the "Stop recurring billing or cancel a subscription" option under the Help with Microsoft Account section.

[Mod removed}

It brought me to a page with a list of directions on how to cancel the subscription. It said go to "Services and subscriptions" to manage the subscription.

I don't know how to cancel my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription [​IMG]

I clicked on the link it provided, and it brought me to the page I mentioned before. The one that had the "Stop recurring billing or cancel a subscription" option. It just takes me back and forth between these two pages.

I don't mean to annoy any user or Microsoft Support Agent with all of the text and photos, but I did this to explain the process I went through of trying to cancel the subscription, and to show how unclear the "help" sections were on how to do this. This is frustrating.

Fortunately, the card linked with my account is no longer in service, so I do not need to worry about being charged for this subscription. However, I do not like how persistent Microsoft is in trying to get me to renew the subscription. The various emails and notifications are nothing but annoying to me.

Please, I would like help with this.

:)

NameIsKarma, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Since you have an overdue balance, it won't give you the option to cancel it unless you pay off the balance. You would need to try to contact support and speak to billing to see if they can cancel it for you. You can request a call back or chat with them at http://support.xbox.com/contact-us If you don't see those options, change your category/topic until you do.
  3. Bryan Greyson Win User

First off, don't worry about the text and photos, it's much more useful to understand problems, just make sure to always hide personal information if neccessary. :)

On to your problem, this does indeed occur because of the due payment.

If I see it correctly you did not post a screenshot of your "services and subscribtion" tab. If you did and I missed it, please excuse that.

The corresponding help page to your specific problem is this one:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...s/pay-past-due-balance-to-unlock-subscription

And in your case the very last comment may be helpful:

Can I cancel a subscribtion with a past-due balance?

Yes. First make sure you’re signed in to this page with the Microsoft account that contains your subscription(s). Then, under My subscriptions, select See details for the past-due subscription, and then select Request cancellation.

So, check your "services & subscription" page, which should list all possible subscribtions, like EA access and such as well, and see if you have, in addition to "pay now", a point saying "See details" that allows you to "Request cancellation".

IF this throws you back to the previous page I fear you'll have to actually contact the main support, but it's worth a try and I certainly hope this will work for you!

Best wishes,

Bryan
  4. JosephG7 Win User

Xbox gold

We had an active Gold subscription and my son tried the Game pass for a month and then cancelled it but now we don't have anything and we are only 5 months into our year of Gold. Why do we not have anything now?
    Hi

By activating the Game Pass Ultimate subscription (the trial version) it converts your Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate completely (replaces) so when you cancel the Game Pass Ultimate service renewal, you are canceling the service completely. This
    is something that the service detects and advises when activating the Game Pass Ultimate subscription trial.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox game pass cancels my xbox live when i buy either one

Game pass ultimate includes gold and the game pass subscription so if you have the gold and purchase the ultimate subscription it will cancel the gold subscription and put it in with the ultimate. The Gold subscription will show as being cancelled in your
    subscriptions.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Game Pass Ultimate Cancelled My Xbox Live Subscription

Oh, that makes sense. But now that I have canceled the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership (and have been refunded the $1 it took to upgrade it), is the rest of my subscription gone?
    If you cancelled ultimate yes, because when you paid the 1$ converted all in ultimate, by cancelling ultimate you are cancelling all subscription because ultimate is the 3 subscriptions in 1.
Thema:

1. I don't know how to cancel my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription - Similar Threads - don't cancel Game

2. My pre order got canceled and I still don't have my money

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pre order got canceled and I still don't have my money: I paid for Cyberpunk 2077 a month ago the day before it got released before it got pushed back to December and then all of the sudden today the day it releases on xbox it got canceled saying the...
  3. When I cancel Recurring Billing - the dates don't add up

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I cancel Recurring Billing - the dates don't add up: So let's say you get GPU on the 7th of June, right? If you turn off Recurring Billing, you should have access till July 7, right? After I switch it off, why does it say I will lose access on...
  4. I pre ordered cyberpunk2077 but it got canceled and I don't know how or why .

in XBoX on Consoles
    I pre ordered cyberpunk2077 but it got canceled and I don't know how or why .: In june 9th i preorderd cyberpunk2077 n it got canceld . Id like to find out how and why it did 24529f20-c821-4f2e-a12c-e58fc241deb7
  5. My purchased game says that I don't own it or the pre-order was canceled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My purchased game says that I don't own it or the pre-order was canceled: My game Star Wars Battlefront 2, which I recently deleted was showing a problem saying I don't own it or the pre-order was canceled even though I was using a disc.I have been with Xbox since 360...
  6. cancel xbox live subscription and don't loose days

in XBoX on Consoles
    cancel xbox live subscription and don't loose days: I just got billed today (my son subscribed to xbox one live a month ago). I was going to cancel before the month was up but didn't realised the date. I tried to cancel the automatic renewal...
  7. Why my purschase is cancelled and I don't receive my money back ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my purschase is cancelled and I don't receive my money back ?: I have purschse FH4 Ultimate Edition for 99,99€ but it was cancelled and i don't receive my money back. 9daae69c-4ea0-4226-88c9-54db370528d0
  8. My digital Mega Man 9 and 10 digital downloads don't work ever since I cancelled my account. ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My digital Mega Man 9 and 10 digital downloads don't work ever since I cancelled my account. ...: I bought these games and it said they were downloaded them. Why aren't they downloaded to the box so I can play them whenever I feel like it? That is theft xbox and capcom. This happens to certain...
  9. Cant cancel my xbox one repair order. What happens if i don't send my system in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant cancel my xbox one repair order. What happens if i don't send my system in?: Hello i have changed my mind about sending in my xbox one for repair but i can't cancel my repair order this is what it says Repair services can not be canceled or refunded when Microsoft has...
  10. I can't find game after cancelling installation and I don't see anything that says ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't find game after cancelling installation and I don't see anything that says ...: I canceled the installation of Gears of War: UE after it was stuck at 12%. Now I can't find it. Everyone I asks says to go to Games and Apps and look for it under "Ready to Install" but I don't...