I get charged with sales tax even though my credit card has an Oregon address

Discus and support I get charged with sales tax even though my credit card has an Oregon address in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; My credit card was charged an extra 1.35 cents in tax, even though we live in Oregon and the credit card has an Oregon address. There seems to be no... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by GoldenSniper874, Jan 29, 2019.

1. I get charged with sales tax even though my credit card has an Oregon address

My credit card was charged an extra 1.35 cents in tax, even though we live in Oregon and the credit card has an Oregon address. There seems to be no one else that has this problem.

:)

GoldenSniper874, Jan 29, 2019
  2. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Have you tried contacting your payment provider (the bank) to ask about the transaction? You can also take a look at your
    Microsoft Account Order History and see if it gives you a bit more detail or information about the purchase. Try that and give us a reply back to let us know how it goes!
  3. LesterSludge Win User

Can't use Microsoft Account Balance to change Gamertag?

I just experienced this issue, having redeemed a $10 Xbox digital gift card from Microsoft Rewards.

I was trying to make the purchase through the web, and the dialog that came up asked how I wanted to pay for the rest. Unfortunately, it did not say how much the rest was, so I did not know whether the rest was $9.99 (i.e., my credit cannot be used and
    sales tax is not charged), $10.61 (i.e., my credit cannot be used and sales tax is charged), or $0.61 (i.e., my credit can be used and sales tax is charged).

I contacted Xbox Live Support, and the representative thought it might be sales tax but was unsure.

We were able to determine that sales tax *is* charged, so the problem was simply that I did not have enough credit.
  4. Klokkwork Win User

xbox live purchases now being taxed

I live in a state without sales tax. Even after the conversion, I'm not paying any kind of tax on the purchases or memberships. If you live in a state without any sales tax, and you've been taxed on your purchase, you may need to make sure your account
    has accurate information. Go to Settings --> Account --> Billing Information. Make sure you've got the right address there. Also, if the credit card you're using is billed to an address where sales tax is the norm, this may also impact its behavior when
    using it for your Xbox account.
  5. Jason Lazette Win User

Xbox One US Price including taxes...

Oregon.. 499.99, no sales tax here 😎
  6. IgotTSondabrain Win User

total cost LE? HELP

Zero percent sales tax here in oregon...
Thema:

1. I get charged with sales tax even though my credit card has an Oregon address - Similar Threads - charged sales tax

2. I just can't buy game pass, but it charges me money

in XBoX on Windows
    I just can't buy game pass, but it charges me money: I just try to buy the game pass, and i can't , then i went to my bank account and it charges me the money a66fb3d5-77c2-417c-bd47-64921bacb900
  3. Charged twice for one pre-order for FIFA 20 Ultimate edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged twice for one pre-order for FIFA 20 Ultimate edition: Hello, I have just looked at my bank statement to find that I have been charged twice for the same FIFA 20 Ultimate edition pre-order. I remember that there was an error when I tried to download...
  4. Xbox charging sales tax in state with no sales tax

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox charging sales tax in state with no sales tax: So I live in a state without sales tax and Microsoft has been billing me for sales tax for Xbox digital purchases. It went unnoticed since a total isn't displayed when making purchases and it...
  5. Just noticed I was charged FULL price for a game I gifted when it was on sale for 1/2 off

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Just noticed I was charged FULL price for a game I gifted when it was on sale for 1/2 off: Hello. Sorry to bother but, I just noticed I was charged $41.46 (Full price) for the Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy two-pack. It was advertised as 1/2 off at $19.99. It was a gift for a friend. She...
  6. Charged full price on sale items

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Charged full price on sale items: Hi there, Yesterday, September 23rd, I purchased two games currently discounted on Deals with Gold, but was charged the full, undiscounted price for these two games. The games are: Styx: Shards...
  7. Being charged full price during a sale

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being charged full price during a sale: Hello, today i went on Smite and they are having a gem sale. I purchased 8000 gems priced at $59.99 but my account was charged $109.49 is there any way i can at least get the rest of my moneys...
  8. Charged tax in a Non sales tax state

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged tax in a Non sales tax state: Hello, I recently downloaded halo 5 and my billing address was incorrect and I was charged extra for the game, I was wondering if it was at all possible to receive a refund of the tax back into...
  9. Getting charged sales tax with an Armed Forces billing address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting charged sales tax with an Armed Forces billing address: I recently got an Xbox One (have had a 360 for a long time but haven't used it in the past few years). The Xbox site and my Xbox One both correctly show my billing address as APO, AE 09012....
  10. Im being charged sales tax on digital goods when I live in a state that does not charge ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im being charged sales tax on digital goods when I live in a state that does not charge ...: My billing address is in MA which is a state that is exempted from digital taxation. I brought this up over a month ago when I was charge tax on Fallout 4. I have chatted with a rep, sent...