I gifted a game to my friend but it says she doesn’t have the game

Discus and support I gifted a game to my friend but it says she doesn’t have the game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Today I gifted my friend Windows 10 edition minecraft so we could pkay together. I gave her the code and she entered but but once she clicked the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by tiramikat, Jun 28, 2020.

1. tiramikat
    tiramikat Guest

Today I gifted my friend Windows 10 edition minecraft so we could pkay together. I gave her the code and she entered but but once she clicked the “install/play” button it took her to the Microsoft Store App. From there she was unable to play the game.
    The only options was to buy the game or start a free trial. Another thing to note was that when she clicked the three dots next to the install/play button a pop-up appeared saying. “WHERE DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL. It looks like you dont have any applicable device(s)
    linked to your microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.” With a get more info here link. I’m not entirly sure what that means so if anyone could help that would be great. Also, we tried restarting the computer and resetting
    the store and restarting and we aren’t sure what the issue is here.

:)

tiramikat, Jun 28, 2020
  2. TITAN Regiis Win User

I would double check the edition and account to where you gifted you friend. It sounds like it went to an incorrect account or the incorrect edition
  3. LeNoirMortis Win User

Hi tiramikat,

Please would you be able to contact the support team

here

Unfortunately, the Xbox Ambassadors are unable to see account details and transactions. However, the support team will be able to access all of this information and should be able to get your issue resolved for you quickly.

Have a great day.
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Are you sure that you gifted her the the windows 10 edition, and not a different one accidentaly?
  5. tiramikat Win User

I’ve already checked and yes it went to the right account and its the right version. She even redeemed the code. This issue is that when she opens the Microsoft Store App it says she doesn’t have the game. She tried to re-enter the code and it said it
    had already been used.
  6. tiramikat Win User

Yes, I even checked the receipt.
Thema:

1. I gifted a game to my friend but it says she doesn’t have the game - Similar Threads - gifted game friend

2. If I live in NA, and I want to gift a game through the MS store to a friend in Europe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I live in NA, and I want to gift a game through the MS store to a friend in Europe...: Are there any issues with this? I know there are all sorts of region lock things so I want to make sure I'm doing it right. 5a65bd58-a4f6-495e-b413-1621f401e448
  3. Friend gifted me a game from the same region from the Microsoft Store from XBox One screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend gifted me a game from the same region from the Microsoft Store from XBox One screen...: Hi, My friend gifted me a game 2 days ago (I gifted one to the same friend 3 days ago which was fine), but when I try to claim its says unable to reclaim due to wrong region. He bought from the...
  4. Gifting a game to a friend in a different country

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifting a game to a friend in a different country: Hey guys! I gifted a game to my friend and he can't redeem the code due to the fact that he lives in a different country. What options do I have to resolve this. I'm not seeing a refund option in...
  5. What's the easiest way to gift my friend Digital copies of Original Xbox Games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the easiest way to gift my friend Digital copies of Original Xbox Games?: I'd like to buy my friend Star Wars: KotOR, KotOR II and Jedi Academy for Christmas, but I can never find the option to buy those as gifts. Is there a way to do this? I guess I could just buy him...
  6. Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends?: So there is a huge problem once again. I tried to gift my German friend an avatar item, but she told me it doesn't work because it doesn't work for her region. Now I think anything I gift can...
  7. My friend from UK tried sending me a gift game but it failed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend from UK tried sending me a gift game but it failed: Im from Romania and i got told that the code is bought from a different region (United Kingdom) and it cannot be redeemed does brexit has something to do with this? Im getting told to contact the...
  8. My friend gifted me a game but it says I'm in the wrong region.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend gifted me a game but it says I'm in the wrong region.: Split from this thread. Hey. So one of my friends in US just bought my a game and texted med the code. But when i went to redeem the code it says im in the wrong region for that code. I changes...
  9. Bought a digital gift game for a friend, but they already have it.....what now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a digital gift game for a friend, but they already have it.....what now?: I recently bough a digital game for a friend, but, they already owned it. Why did MS let me buy a game for someone who already owned the title? How do I get my money back? My friend attempted to...
  10. Bought a gift for a friend (digital game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a gift for a friend (digital game): My friend cannot redeem the code he received and it says were in different region although he's my roommate and our Xbox are on the same region. How can we fix it? There's no way to co intact...