I have 2 separate accounts that need to be merged/reduced to 1 account.

Discus and support I have 2 separate accounts that need to be merged/reduced to 1 account. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When the Xbox 360 came out, my Dad made a Microsoft account as I was young at the time. His email address and all my Xbox games and info are on that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cdgoodwill, Aug 28, 2019.

1. cdgoodwill
    cdgoodwill Guest

When the Xbox 360 came out, my Dad made a Microsoft account as I was young at the time. His email address and all my Xbox games and info are on that account.

As I got older, I made a Microsoft account to be used on Visual Studio and other miscellaneous things. It is a young account so i don't really care about it too much.

I feel now that I am old enough to "take over" the Xbox account and the cost of getting Ultimate. However, as I have seen on other discussions, it is impossible to merge the accounts together. Therefore, one of them is most likely going to have to be closed.

I know that the account I would close would be the coding account, however I am scared that I would lose my project that I need to complete for my A-Level.

Basically, what I'm asking is, what would be the best way to solve this dilemma?

:)

cdgoodwill, Aug 28, 2019
  2. RedCarGamer Win User

You cannot merge accounts, the workaround if you have any games or subscriptions in the old, just set the old account in your xbox as "Home Xbox" and in the new just log in.

In this case, the new account will receive all share games or subscription from the first. You can follow this

tutorial
    how to set your old account as "Home Xbox".
  3. IRB Win User

If I close the Visual Studio account, what will happen to my projects?
    It depends on whether you have stored any project files within visual studios TFS. The local project files won't care about what account was used, that would just store any profile preference settings.

Your project/codes files will still be on your machine. The best thing would be to fire up some of your projects without signing in to VS to check.
  4. cdgoodwill Win User

If I close the Visual Studio account, what will happen to my projects?
  5. Smwutches Win User

Combine GFWL Account and Xbox Account

Sorry, yeah I did missread it. But if you already created 2 accounts (1 for each) there's no way to merge them together. You would either have to just pick one of the 2 accounts to use or continue to use the separate accounts.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Transferring your profiles on xbox 360 to xbox 1

No, you would keep your offline gamertag (unless it's already in use on Live) and anything on it, but you would need a new Microsoft account. If you already created an account for your One that would be a separate account and there would not be a way to
    merge the 2.
Thema:

1. I have 2 separate accounts that need to be merged/reduced to 1 account. - Similar Threads - separate accounts need

2. Separating Xbox credits and in game credits/accessories, etc. From a hotmail account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Separating Xbox credits and in game credits/accessories, etc. From a hotmail account: As a security feature when he was younger, i used my own hotmail account to create an Xbox username, etc. For my son to use. Over the years he has built up credits, in game collectibles, etc....
  3. Do I need to install two separate game files for two different accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I need to install two separate game files for two different accounts?: Hello. I have a Korean account that I made while I was in Korea, and I've got some games(Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive) that I purchased from Korean stores. Afraid of losing the...
  4. separating accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    separating accounts: I was so good in creating accounts for each member of my family on the xbox1 when I purchased a few years back, making mine the master control,(payments, authorizing games etc) My eldest usurped...
  5. Can you separate your xbox account from your microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you separate your xbox account from your microsoft account?: Hi, Back when I was little my parents got me an xbox 360 and made me an xbox live account but under my mom's email. For then that was fine but now I'm older and I just saw the Halo Master Chief...
  6. I've got 2 Xbox accounts. one on 2 separate Xbox.. my first account. GTag-Debo225723 ***...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've got 2 Xbox accounts. one on 2 separate Xbox.. my first account. GTag-Debo225723 ***...: So yes I'm trying to get into my original Xbox account on my first Xbox One that I owned. About 7 months ago i purchase an Xbox One X and started a new account On it. I need somehow get into my...
  7. Games on Separate Accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games on Separate Accounts: Hello, I have games that I have uploaded into my Xbox One under 2 separate accounts. I want to merge my accounts, or at least be able to upload all of my purchased games into one account. How do...
  8. Separating User Account Info

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Separating User Account Info: Hi, we now have 2 xboxes in the house. Originally my son just piggy backed off my main one which had the gold live attached so all games he purchased came under my gammertag / acount. As we now...
  9. Advice Needed: Downside to having a separate Microsoft account ONLY for gaming???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Advice Needed: Downside to having a separate Microsoft account ONLY for gaming???: A long story, but I am buying my first XBOX, but my little brother's XBOX profile (from when he had 360 8-years ago and I didn't play video games) is permanently linked to my Microsoft account....
  10. X-Box One can share live account but X-Box 360 live accounts need to be purchased separately, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box One can share live account but X-Box 360 live accounts need to be purchased separately, ...: After one of my kids updated our xbox 360 (June, 6th) they no longer had access to xbox live gold. I got onto xbox support today and they told me that for xbox 360 users I will need to purchase a...