I have a current, active Xbox Live Gold membership that expires in 4 months, can I stack this ...

Discus and support I have a current, active Xbox Live Gold membership that expires in 4 months, can I stack this ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I posted first in the wrong section. I currently have an active subscription to Xbox Live Gold 12 months and recently purchased another 12 month code... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by yo0123yo, Apr 5, 2016.

1. yo0123yo
    yo0123yo Guest

I have a current, active Xbox Live Gold membership that expires in 4 months, can I stack this ...

I posted first in the wrong section. I currently have an active subscription to Xbox Live Gold 12 months and recently purchased another 12 month code to stack on top of it but I get an error message when I try to redeem it. I thought that you can stack codes
    on top of each other to lengthen the time of your membership? The error message says

[table][tr][td]"[table][tr][td]Something went wrongGive it another try. If this happens again, let us know by entering the code below at xbox.com/errorhelp so we can investigate.Xbos-0x80169CF91a741bdc-e306-46ef-8d7b-66f9ff15086f2016/04/05 - 23:48:39 UTC"[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]

:)

yo0123yo, Apr 5, 2016
  2. RamlaMay
    RamlaMay Guest
    Redeemed a prepaid code but didn't extend my original subscription

I redeemed a 12-month gold membership prepaid code on Dec 2016, but my current gold subscription didn't get extended. Instead, the prepaid code added a new subscription to my account. So I have 2 subscriptions now, the original one expires on 6/23/2017,
    and the new added one expires on 12/3/2017.

Why do they overlap, not stack???

RamlaMay, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Yankee AP
    Yankee AP Guest
    X-Box Live Gold

If a person already has gold membership, and recieves a 12 month Gold membership for Christmas will that extend the current membership or do they have to let one expire and then activate the other? If they have to wait until the first membership expires,
    how long will the code for the 12 month membership be good for?

Yankee AP, Apr 5, 2016
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

You will have to contact support but you are right you can stack up to 3years and anything more then that is not counted fyi

I stacked 3 years but sometimes I had to wait 3 months to add my last year lol

ngocphi, Apr 5, 2016
  5. yo0123yo
    yo0123yo Guest
    Why is it that we have to contact support to stack the codes?

yo0123yo, Apr 5, 2016
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    The error code you're receiving is a billing issue. You would have to contact support to speak to billing so they can help you sort out the issue.

Smwutches, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

Activating Gold Membership anytime???

Unless the card has an expiration date on it, you can activate it at any time. Memberships also stack, so you can add up to 36 months of gold at a time.
  8. Leo Invictus Win User

X-Box Live Gold

No need to wait until their current membership expires. The new membership card will add another 12 months to the time left in their existing membership. Up to three years' worth of Gold membership can be stacked in this fashion.
  9. Sole555 Win User

200 points for renewing Gold membership

if you currently are a xbox live gold member then you cant stack your free month with your current membership
  10. geekfather Win User

Stacking Gold Cards

Gold memberships will always stack. People tend to confuse Gold trials which do not stack. Also you cannot stack a trial onto a gold account with an active membership. Again you can always add more time to your membership. Everytime I run across a deal
    I tend to buy it and currently have 3 years of time.

Have an awesome day :)
  11. Machetefaceslap Win User

Anyone else having trouble renewing xbox live?

They say you can only have 3 years stacked on your account, my current gold membership will expire in April so adding a year should work fine, I have stacked a couple of years in the past.
Thema:

1. I have a current, active Xbox Live Gold membership that expires in 4 months, can I stack this ... - Similar Threads - current active Live

2. Trying to find my old account and transfer the email to my current email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to find my old account and transfer the email to my current email: When I was younger I had an Xbox account and I'm trying to get that old account back. I've logged into my current email and my mom's old email but none of them is the account I'm looking for. My...
  3. "This code is not currently supported for conversion to your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "This code is not currently supported for conversion to your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...: I upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 all the way through September 2020. Awesome deal! Thank you! However, I just remembered I had two 3 month regular Gamepass codes that I needed to redeem....
  4. If Alpha Skip Ahead is currently on build 1910, how long would it usually take for beta...

in XboX Insiders
    If Alpha Skip Ahead is currently on build 1910, how long would it usually take for beta...: The reason I ask is because I’ve been having issues wherein certain titles will not run. Period. Yet it does not occur with all games. Console is now out of warranty so I went through pretty...
  5. Upgrading to the Ultimate game pass is currently unavailable for me. Is anyone else having...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgrading to the Ultimate game pass is currently unavailable for me. Is anyone else having...: Ultimate game pass upgrade isn't currently available for me? Anyone know whats going on? Thanks 21205da3-5a79-423b-b889-c59b6525b4d7
  6. Which current gen games would you expect to go down in history as "Classics" of the era?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which current gen games would you expect to go down in history as "Classics" of the era?: My top list: The Wither 3, RDRD2, FH4 3c2f5632-cf5b-4a96-87e6-97e60209a937
  7. Current Favorite game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Current Favorite game: ive been playing SoT's since alpha and still love this game it just gets better and better and they listen to the community for me this is my favourite game 95f503ca-8739-4268-8e85-f74b78d985de
  8. you can't acquire this item in your currently selected language problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    you can't acquire this item in your currently selected language problem: so i bought red dead redemption 1 for my xbox one which has a backwards compatibility and i cant redeem it due to the problem in the subject, i tried everything, changing my region, language over...
  9. How can I stop the Xbox app from sharing my current activity?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I stop the Xbox app from sharing my current activity?: Xbox App on my Windows 10 computer literally shows friends and maybe everyone my current activity, like what game I am playing, even if that game is not related to Xbox... How can I stop that...
  10. If i activate another 12 month subscription does it add on to my current sub?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i activate another 12 month subscription does it add on to my current sub?: I currently have 1 month left on my xbox live subscription and i'm wondering if i enter another code does it add on to the current or cancel it? 3de36130-45bb-4968-a525-aa21277fa871