i have a gold account and i have xbox one x as my brother does

Discus and support i have a gold account and i have xbox one x as my brother does in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My brother lives few blocks away i'd like to play with him sam game but is there a way without him buying another copy of the game ? so that we could... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alpine Hitman, Nov 3, 2019.

1. i have a gold account and i have xbox one x as my brother does

My brother lives few blocks away i'd like to play with him sam game but is there a way without him buying another copy of the game ? so that we could play online together ? seems like its not fair since we are faily we should be able to pay for one copy
    instead of him having it for a week and me using it the next... i have a gold account and i have xbox one x as my brother does :( is there an option of some kind that would allow us somehow play same game without paying for two copies?

:)

Alpine Hitman, Nov 3, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey Alpine Hitman!

This is what we call "Game Sharing" / Setting as "My Home Xbox"

1. Buy the digital version of game with the your account and you will own the license to the game.

2. Go to your brother's place, sign into his Xbox with your account.

3. Once your signed in, go to Settings - Personalization - My home Xbox - and set your account as "My home Xbox" on his console.

4. Sign out of your account on his console.

5. Have him Sign into his account on his console and he will now be able to play / use all your digital games and your Xbox Live gold subscription (if you have one)

click on the link below:

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

If your brother is the one who wants to own the license of the game... just do everything that I mentioned in reverse / vice versa.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions!

Felix

Xbox forum support
  3. ghost hunter148 Win User

I cant connect to LIVE

i have a similar problem i have xbox live and so does my brother and my brothers and mine account on my xbox one say that i don't have live and tells me to upgrade my and his account to gold but when we sign in to our oldest brothers xbox one (he moved out
    but we like to visit) we do have live and we can do everything and we don't get asked to upgrade to gold please help me
  4. Mr WaterLemon Win User

when i sign in to my account i get error 80151103

i have signed in on my brothers xbox with my account and it is fine, but on my account it does not work
  5. Temhotabot Win User

I and my brothers accounts have been hacked

If you or anyone feels that your account has been compromised you need to contact support in your region as soon as possible and have them start an
    Unauthorized Access Investigation, at which time support will lock the account(s) until it is complete, usually within 7-30 business days.

If indeed the account(s) were out of your control at the time of the gamer score modifications then the
    cheater watermark will be removed but the reset will most likely stand as issued since unapproved methods were used to alter it and in the end of everything our accounts are our responsibility at all times.

You should file a complaint against the offending message so the XBL PET can look into it and if needed take the appropriate action.

There are only a few ways anyone can get a hold of someone else's account and they are:

-you gave out your log in information (this is most commonly associated with trying to gain a higher rank in a game with out the effort)

-you visited a phishing website (this is most commonly associated with free ms points websites) You should have a phishing filter on your web browser to protect you from these sites.

-you were socially engineered (this is most commonly done via game play by a random person asking you about your personal life trying to get clues to what your log in information may be)

-you use the same e-mail address and password for your XBL account that you use for all your other websites/services. (typically you should use a seperate e-mail address and password just for XBL that you do not use anywhere else)

All of the above are examples of how you can lose your account and all of the above are most commonly known as user error.

Please take a few moments, after contacting support, to learn more about
    Xbox LIVE Account Security.

If you live in the US/Canada the support number to call is 1-800-4MY-XBOX.
  6. ThorX360 Win User

Gears of War 2 Crash Account Affected

I recently purchased my first ever Xbox, a Xbox one X Gears 5 limited edition which included all five games of the Gears of War series. Today my brothers account was affected by a bug and his account causes the game to crash and the sound gets stuck in shock.
    Is there any fix for this issue? I have tried the fallowing

- uninstalling game and redownloading

- removed my brothers account

- powered off the console (disconnected from outlet)

- Powered back up

- reinstall the game and my brother's account

Game still crashed.
    Hi,

does it crash always at the same point or not? Does it crush only with his account?

I suggest you try with a factory reset (you can choose to keep your games & apps):

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
Thema:

1. i have a gold account and i have xbox one x as my brother does - Similar Threads - gold account brother

2. Can i Transfer or share my Xbox Gold Membership with another account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i Transfer or share my Xbox Gold Membership with another account: I recently bought a 1 year Xbox gold membership, but I have now signed up for Xbox Game Pass which comes with an gold membership included, is there a way I can transfer my current gold membership...
  3. Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's): Hello, Currently my son lives at home and he has xbox360 (main account) and I have xboxone which we both were using his xbox live gold account. He is moving out and I need to set up my own xbox...
  4. Silver account not able to access new season pass content purchased on gold account (home...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Silver account not able to access new season pass content purchased on gold account (home...: Silver xbox account not able to access new season pass content purchased on gold account (home xbox unit Destiny 2 Undying DLC) 302bb7a5-a31e-4a49-9118-8193f24c3d9b
  5. Give me my gold account back

in XBoX Accessibility
    Give me my gold account back: I only took game pass because you forced me to use it to play Gears 5 though I already payed 69.99 euro for the game. So I got rid of it once I did not need it anymore and now my xbox gold...
  6. unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this: Hi, I am trying to get my son access to the xbox game pass ultimate. He has 12 months left of xbox live but when we try and buy ultimate for £1 we get the following You need a parent to buy this...
  7. Buying Xbox Live Gold with Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Buying Xbox Live Gold with Microsoft Account: Hi, so I have a problem buying Xbox live gold. I’m trying to buy the $11.99 one so plus taxes it’s $13.55 and on my microsoft account I have $15.80 but it’s telling me that I need a payment method...
  8. Family Account with 2 Gold Acounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Account with 2 Gold Acounts: I have a gold account and my son has been playing using my account for the past few years. I set him up with his own account, under Family, but he insists on using my profile. We now have 2 xbox...
  9. Account of Gold

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account of Gold: I want change my e-mail and password keeping all i have, is it possible? Thanks! I have other account created. [Translate] Eu gostaria de trocar meu e-mail e senha mantendo tudo oque tenho, é...
  10. Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...: Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has autorenew on a credit card? fdcc5aa8-6489-40eb-a3a9-036ff7a0eb7d