I have a microsoft account for a new xbox one but when I sign in I see only an older...

Discus and support I have a microsoft account for a new xbox one but when I sign in I see only an older... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a microsoft account for a new xbox one but when I sign in I see only an older account for an xbox 360 which was discontinued in 2014... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UrbanerAlarm204, Aug 1, 2019.

1. I have a microsoft account for a new xbox one but when I sign in I see only an older...

I have a microsoft account for a new xbox one but when I sign in I see only an older account for an xbox 360 which was discontinued in 2014

:)

UrbanerAlarm204, Aug 1, 2019
  2. choppyseize Win User

I have a microsoft account for a new xbox one but when I sign in I see only an older account for an xbox 360 which was discontinued in 2014

The profile is the same for the Xbox one and 360. Unless you make an entirely new profile all the info will follow you.
  3. JordEQ. Win User

Help

When i set the xbox up i got a default account ‘summersquid’ i then made another account ‘letjord’ i have since removed ‘summersquid’ from my xbox and now only have ‘letjord’ i use the same email that i sign into the letjord account that i use to sign into
    the xbox app or my microsoft account but when i do so it just comes up with the ‘summersquid’ account?

I have been on my microsoft account and checked to see if there is any other emails but there is only the one email linked to the account which is the one i sign into my main account with but when i use that same email for my microsoft account it signs me
    into ‘summersquid’
  4. SubpotentBog41 Win User

Gamer tag to MS account

I am not sure how it happened. I already had a Microsoft account. When I got my xbox I created an account and got a gamer tag while setting up my xbox. I signed up for xbox live from my xbox using my existing gamer tag and Microsoft account. I then went
    to xbox live and signed in using my Miicrosoft account, and for some reason when I did this a new gamer tag was created and associate to my Microsoft account. So, now when I log into xbox live I see one gamer tag. But on my xbox I have a different gamer
    tag.
  5. staryoshi06 Win User

Child account becoming Adult account

Yes, I use my microsoft account to sign into my xbox live account. I also have the xbox app on windows 10, and am definitely logged into the same live account (although I cannot see my mother's account on the xbox app, while I can see it on the console).
    If I go to settings, it shows my microsoft account.

The thing is, my microsoft account existed without being connected to a family before I created my xbox one live account. It seems that it was only linked to a family when I made my xbox live account, so it seems to be only tied to a family there.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Instructions on how to move Xbox live gamertag to another hotmail account.

Hi Bigsease30,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

Unfortunately, you cannot merge or transfer a gamertag with it's contents to another email address. If you have full access to the older Hotmail email with the gamertag (ex. you know the password), then you simply just need to add that account to your
    new Xbox. You will need to manage your Xbox profile using the older Microsoft Account email. You can continue using your primary email for other services, but your Xbox profile is tied to that older email and can only be changed to another email as a sign
    in option using an email that is not currently in use by an active Microsoft Account. Keep in mind that removing any Microsoft related emails (alias) from a Microsoft account and changing to another one, will permanently delete the removed email account and
    any associated messages or associations.

If your primary email is not set up to a Microsoft account, then technically you can add that email as an alternate email alias to your older Microsoft account and set it as the primary sign in option. You could then choose to leave the older email
    on the account as a secondary sign in option or remove it and permanently delete the older email account. If your primary email is already being used by a Microsoft account, then this will not work and since they're both Hotmail, your primary email more than
    likely already has a Microsoft account.

I hope this answers your question!
Thema:

I have a microsoft account for a new xbox one but when I sign in I see only an older...

1. I have a microsoft account for a new xbox one but when I sign in I see only an older... - Similar Threads - microsoft account sign

2. Cannot sign into Xbox account in Microsoft Launcher version of Cortana.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cannot sign into Xbox account in Microsoft Launcher version of Cortana.: I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 10. When using Cortana to try to control my Xbox One I am prompted to sign into my Xbox Live account, however the button I am provided doesn't do...
  3. "We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft Account, but something went wrong."

in XBoX on Windows
    "We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft Account, but something went wrong.": Hi, I bought minecraft windows 10 edition but when I try to log in it says "We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft Account, but something went wrong." how can i solve ?....
  4. Can’t sign into my Microsoft account on minecraft for PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign into my Microsoft account on minecraft for PS4: The previous question thread i saw had no actual solutions then got locked after a month. I have been unable to find a working solution and i just wanna play with my friends on xbox, please help...
  5. Remove emails that get notified that my Microsoft account was signed in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove emails that get notified that my Microsoft account was signed in: How do i make it so my dad doesn't get a notification on his email that says a unusual sign in attempt when i have my friend signing into my account is there anyway to have only me get the...
  6. MineCraft Microsoft Account sign-in issue on Play Station 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MineCraft Microsoft Account sign-in issue on Play Station 4: Hello, When I try to sign into my Microsoft account in MineCraft on PS4 it always says “We tried to sign you to your Microsoft account, but something went wrong”. I already defined my privacy...
  7. Cannot sign into Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot sign into Microsoft account in minecraft: Since the update on ps4, i cannot sign into microsoft account for minecraft. Every time i click the button to link my account i get an error stating something went wrong. I can log into my...
  8. Can’t sign into minecraft. Wont let me unlink microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign into minecraft. Wont let me unlink microsoft account: I tried linking my microsoft account to my ps4 minecraft and it failed. I think I put in the wrong information or something but I got no error code. When I click ‘sign in its free’ I get a message...
  9. Why won't my Minecraft PS4 let me sign into my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Minecraft PS4 let me sign into my Microsoft account.: I recently created a Microsoft account after the new update on Minecraft so that I could finally play with my friends on Xbox. Sadly, after repeatedly trying to log in via Minecraft on my...
  10. My Microsoft account won’t sign in on PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account won’t sign in on PS4: I have tried making a gamertag, it will let me sign in to my account on Xbox and microsoft.com just fine, and I have tried downloading a free texture pack. I still see the failed to log in message...