I have a problem with a gifted game

Discus and support I have a problem with a gifted game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys , First of all , sorry for my english , i'm french ... So please do simple on your answers :) I have a problem with a game i've gifted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Corrue95, May 15, 2019.

1. Corrue95
    Corrue95 Guest

Hey guys ,

First of all , sorry for my english , i'm french ... So please do simple on your answers I have a problem with a gifted game :)

I have a problem with a game i've gifted to my best friend , he can't use the code he received , because at the moment , i'm in FRANCE & he's in COLOMBIA , i didn't know it was such a big deal to make it work between countries ....

What can we do to make the game work on his xbox , in colombia ?

I'm not sure if you can understand what i'm trying to explain but i'll take a shot

Thanks in advance ,

Love

:)

Corrue95, May 15, 2019
  2. Alucario Ultra Win User

Oh well, codes are region locked. You can try changing your console/account region in the pc. That might help a lot.
  3. D_41 Win User

Salut, tu ne peux pas acheter et offrir un jeu sur une boutique étrangère. Comme le dit WPAK, tu peux demander un remboursement sur le support XBOX https://support.xbox.com/fr-fr
  4. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

gifting is only possible within the same region.

So you are not able to gift something to somebody from a different region/country (This is also mentioned when you are purchasing the gift)

The only thing you can do is contact Xbox Support and arrange a refund for the item you tried to give to your friend in Colombia.

For more information regarding gifting see this support page:
    https://support.xbox.com/games/purchasing/help-for-issues-when-gifting-digital-xbox-game
  5. EXES5 Win User

Ask for a refund....works on same region only
  6. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Contact support, they will be able to help you better, or you could try to do something, you friend must go to xbox language and region settings by settings in to french, and try to redeem the code
Thema:

1. I have a problem with a gifted game - Similar Threads - problem gifted game

2. Problem with a gift card and billing information

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with a gift card and billing information: Hi, i am from Colombia, i was buy a xbox gift card and when i try to introduce te code of the gift card, then appears a window that asks me about billing information, especifically about the...
  3. problems with gift cards and Etc

in XBoX Accessibility
    problems with gift cards and Etc: So I redeemed 2, 50 dollar gift cards one went in and the other didn't I bought two games and (the game pass)one game was ($10.54) and that was (ufc 3) an the other game was ($25.31) and that was...
  4. I've a problem with a gift code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've a problem with a gift code: Hello there, Sorry for the mistakes that I risk doing, i'm belgian, so i've a poor knowledge of English. I'm just coming to get a gift-code from Instant gaming about the game "Sea of thieves"...
  5. Problem with gift code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with gift code: Hellow, I got the same problem, a friend for Mexico gave me a gift code to play Minecraft on Windows 10, I'm from Colombia so I went to the page to activate the code and in the beggining...
  6. gift code problem

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    gift code problem: Every time i get a code from the store it says its been already used and microsoft doesent help me with the problem c166eeb7-594b-49c2-b538-53318e056b3b
  7. i have a problem with a gift code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    i have a problem with a gift code: hi, i just want to know, how can i get i my account a gift code, a friend from mexico send a gift code to me, so what can i do to get it 678cf6a1-1bfa-426d-99f9-97f526ffea76
  8. Game gifting problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game gifting problem: Ok so I gifted a 3 month game pass to a friend and when he tries to redeem it he gets an error message saying that it is for another region, I checked when purchasing and it says for Australia...
  9. Gifting game problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifting game problem: i gifted destiny 2 to my neighbour and now the code states when being redeemed that it is from a different region???? Please i need a refund or the code corrected 8df18ae0-e456-424a-84ca-950117afd910
  10. gifted a game pass problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    gifted a game pass problem: i gifted a friend a 3 months pass code but it keeps saying code cannot be used in this region any chance i can have the region changed or a refund 82088a74-3950-4e08-baf9-8f096fd09c3b