I have an idea to save upload speed/time for steam and increase download speed/time for users

Discus and support I have an idea to save upload speed/time for steam and increase download speed/time for users in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; I have an idea to save upload speed/time for steam and increase download speed/time for users To save upload speed and time from Steam, Origin, Uplay,... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Darkyere, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Darkyere
    Darkyere Guest

I have an idea to save upload speed/time for steam and increase download speed/time for users

To save upload speed and time from Steam, Origin, Uplay, Playstation and Xbox (Possibly others plz. use the idea)

and to take up the speed for downloads/update and decrease the time to do so.

We could when there are more of the same Xbox running on the same lokal network. You

could download with fullspeed on only one device. Then share it with the rest on local network as it gets downloaded by that doubling the download speed for 2 (or more) users and taking down the amount of data that would be needed to upload from Xbox.

I believe it could be a good idea so that these services could save upload speed/time (and money) and maybe it would leave us with them being faster aswell.

Im going to share this to Steam, Origin, Uplay, Playstion and Xbox in the hope its going to make a difference on

as many servers as possible and allso to decrease the load of such servers on the internet.

Hope you all like the idea and have a good christmas.

Best Regards,

:)

Darkyere, Dec 15, 2016
  2. Victus96
    Victus96 Guest
    EXTREMELY Slow Download Speeds

It took me over 16 hours to pre load Halo 5. It isn't my internet speed because I have 75/75 upload download and on my PC I download massive games in like 35-40 minutes. Any ideas how to increase download speeds?

Victus96, Dec 15, 2016
  3. INTERNET SPEED FOR CONSTANT STREAMERS!

What kind of Internet download and upload speeds do you have, and what is the number of users active on the internet do you have at one time?

I want to flawlessly stream my games on twitch while my roommates are also streaming or watching Netflix.

Please provide the following

*DOWNLOAD SPEED:

*UPLOAD SPEED:

*ACTIVE USERS: (Streaming Video and Gaming):

*ISP:

ThaLonelyDoctor, Dec 15, 2016
  4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Will Xbox Live Downloading on the Xbox One be faster?

It doesn't have to do with the processor the consoles have, it's more to do with the Xbox Live server upload rate and your download rate. The servers can only accommodate up to a certain download speed on your end, which is the reason for a few complaints
    from fibre optic subscribers who don't appear to get the speed they're paying for with some downloads on some occasions. With the server increase on Xbox Live in preparation for the Xbox One, I'd bet the upload speeds across the board will accommodate higher
    download speeds from users.
  5. HooneyRuns13 Win User

Saints Row IV download

Ping: 638 ms

Download Speed: 15.71 Mbps

Upload Speed: 0.61 Mbps

I have no idea what any of this means.
  6. Squeezit Win User

Xbox connect to wireless network but not Internet

A lot of the time this has to do with packet loss or download and upload speed.

Try running www.pingtest.net and www.speedtest.net

Make sure your download speed is above 3mbps and your upload speed is above 1.5mbps

Also make sure on the pingtest page that you have no packet loss :)
  7. xFad3dNovax Win User

Game installation

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out about your issue.

Game installation times depend on a few factors:

1. The size of the download (The bigger the download = the bigger the installation time)
    2. Your connection speed (The faster your connection is = the faster the installation time)
    3. Xbox servers (which I ensure are fine at the moment, installation time may increase if lots of people are attempted to install the same game)

The only way you could properly increase speed of your installation times is by checking your connection speed (through a program like speed test) and possibly upgrading your WiFi. Another way to speed up your connection is to have a direct connection instead
    of using a wireless connection.

Hope this helped.
  8. HEROxWildman Win User

Tom Clancys The Division Beta

Timing is one thing, but hows your download and upload speed?
Thema:

1. I have an idea to save upload speed/time for steam and increase download speed/time for users - Similar Threads - idea save upload

2. New game idea that could potentially overtake all other gaming platforms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New game idea that could potentially overtake all other gaming platforms.: I don't know if Microsoft is interested in dominating the gaming world, but I've been refining an idea that could potentially overtake all other gaming platforms. It's not a small idea, but I...
  3. Any idea on when the xbox game bar FPS counter will be fixed?

in XboX Insiders
    Any idea on when the xbox game bar FPS counter will be fixed?: Would be nice to have the FPS counter back, ever since Flight Sim came out the FPS counter has been MIA and doing a repair/reset on it only fixes it for an hour or two at most submitted by...
  4. Xbox apps could use a little tidy up - ideas

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox apps could use a little tidy up - ideas: 1.Make 1 App on Pc - should have console streaming, game pass, and all other crap in 1 not 2 or 3 apps, even insider stuff, i have 3 apps now 2.Same for android, 1 app for gamepass, xcloud, and...
  5. Unturned Beta, Anyone have an idea of when the full game will be released

in XboX Insiders
    Unturned Beta, Anyone have an idea of when the full game will be released: Is there anyone that has an idea of when the game will be released cause they just shut down the beta version submitted by /u/PiHell350 [link] [comments]
  6. Idea for Xbox dashboard ADS & Commercials

in XboX Insiders
    Idea for Xbox dashboard ADS & Commercials: Sorry if this is too long, there’s a TLDR at the end :) So, there’s 3 types of people from what I usually see when posts about ads are posted: No ads on dashboard Don’t mind them Don’t mind...
  7. Missing in game money. Any ideas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing in game money. Any ideas?: As i was scrolling through my old messages, i saw some some by xbox live themselves. As i read into these messages i saw one stating the text from the image. I never recieved this money for gta 5...
  8. Why would Microsoft think it was a good idea to delete peoples captures that they've been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why would Microsoft think it was a good idea to delete peoples captures that they've been...: Looked today and it said I had (377) captures and I finally wanted to sort through them for a montage however when I tapped to view on my console it went down to (94). All my captures are gone....
  9. Lost saves on Dark Souls, any ideas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saves on Dark Souls, any ideas?: Started DS today and the game showed me the licence agreement, then home screen with all saves gone. How is this possible and can anything be done? Strange thing about is that absolutely nothing...
  10. Is a good idea to delete the SSX ghost save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is a good idea to delete the SSX ghost save?: I was looking through my cloud saves the other day, and discovered SSX was taking up to 100MB of cloud storage space. SSX creates two save files, one is the usual user data file (around 5MB or...