I have been threatened by someone posing as a microsoft employee

Discus and support I have been threatened by someone posing as a microsoft employee in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Following a bit of a enquiry with another xbox player, I am now on the receiving end of someone impersonating a microsoft employee. When the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Poppy jolteonFox, May 22, 2020 at 9:02 PM.

1. I have been threatened by someone posing as a microsoft employee

Hi,

Following a bit of a enquiry with another xbox player, I am now on the receiving end of someone impersonating a microsoft employee.

When the original player suddenly ceased messaging saying I was reported to microsoft and within minutes I recieved a message from another profile saying the following.

Good evening your account has been found in violation of terms and regulations of xbox live your account will be going through investigation and if these claims with your account appears to be accurate your account will be permanently delete it from the
    services.

This is exactly how the message was typed twice with a deleted message above them. I have found out no microsoft employee would send me this so it's obviously a fake and connected to the original xbox player I was in contact with. This then means they are
    threatening action on my account when they can't.

The original player even messaged me asking if I had been messaged by xbox telling me the words the supposed xbox employee used. I have both reported through xbox now and hoping something gets done.

To be clear the threat came through normal messaging system from an xbox app, not in the messages from xbox live section.

If anyone gets anything like this report it.

If someone could confirm this is all fake I would be grateful.

:)

Poppy jolteonFox, May 22, 2020 at 9:02 PM
  2. Madasahat Win User

Hello

You would not ne notified that way.

Also contact support and clear up the situation for your own peace of mind
  3. ImMartinFoxx Win User

Hi!

This is absolutely fake.

I doubt any official Microsoft employee would even inform you that they're staff. They'd likely just go ahead and do whatever they'll do.

Also, in regards to this:

"Good evening your account has been found in violation of terms and regulations of xbox live your account will be going through investigation and if these claims with your account appears to be accurate your account
    will be permanently delete it from the services"

If there was a problem with your account, you wouldn't receive a message like this. You'd get an email from the Xbox Enforcement Team who would highlight the actions they're taking and they'd inform you why they're
    taking such actions.

Don't worry about this. Just block them, and have a good day!
  4. KURAMA o Win User

hi just take a pictures keep it report the profiles if they continue just call microsoft its problaly a fake
  5. denis97g Win User

Hi! Yes, it is all fake. Only the enforcement team can investigate reports and issue bans. Plus, they don't message users. Users will only get a notification of being banned.
  6. zZ WIGGLY Zz Win User

Hi poppy

It sounds like a fake to me anything regarding account issues would come thorough official xbox live not through normal messaging. you have done the correct thing by reporting it.
Thema:

1. I have been threatened by someone posing as a microsoft employee - Similar Threads - been threatened someone

2. I have been experiencing a flashing white screen since the latest system update that went...

in XboX Insiders
    I have been experiencing a flashing white screen since the latest system update that went...: I have now been experiencing a flashing white screen since the latest system update that went out for the Delta Ring. this happens every time I go to press the Xbox button on my console every day...
  3. My xbox live account has been hacked and the hacker has changed my email, what can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox live account has been hacked and the hacker has changed my email, what can I do?: Recently my Xbox live account Escobar IX8781 has been lost and hacked. Stupidly I gave my login to someone and they changed and deleted my recovery emails and deleted my outlook email so now I...
  4. Have not been able to connect to bingo for two days.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have not been able to connect to bingo for two days.: Have not been able to connect to bingo for two days is there something I coud do to fix this problem. It appears to be a frequent problem. 1224ac47-b780-41d8-b79f-c853b3a3f39b
  5. Why is this happening? It has been doing that for well over a month.

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this happening? It has been doing that for well over a month.: [IMG] submitted by /u/funboy3hq [link] [comments]
  6. "Fortnite" think account has been compromised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Fortnite" think account has been compromised.: When I play, I have a different character and it does not let me change this. Then I get booted off the game. appreciate the help! 6f3f53b3-4e83-449f-9504-baf1d4a53970
  7. Hello, I have been repeatedly threatened and harassed by someone who has multiple accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I have been repeatedly threatened and harassed by someone who has multiple accounts.: Is there anything I can do about this? I've been threatened and called racial slurs by this guy. He harasses me on multiple accounts and I can no longer tolerate this. Please help. [Mod Removed]...
  8. I've been threatened with a ddos attack please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been threatened with a ddos attack please help: i was told he was going to "fry my router" can I get some help I have evidence of this event 2d4a6c39-e027-469e-a02c-2b4365c396ef
  9. I Haven't Been Able To Stay Connected To Xbox Live Since I Was Threatened To Have My ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Haven't Been Able To Stay Connected To Xbox Live Since I Was Threatened To Have My ...: I played a Madden 25 online ranked gameplay against some guy yesterday & he started sending me hate messages because he lost: http://i57.tinypic.com/bdmcxx.jpg I signed onto Live about 30 mins...
  10. A player has been d dossing and threatening to steal my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    A player has been d dossing and threatening to steal my account: A gamer tag that is spelled [MOD REMOVED} has lagged me out of a party and i did not leave nor was I kicked from the party. He was threatening to steal my account on the night of january 30th...