I have lost some of my Xbox One game captures after updating the console

Discus and support I have lost some of my Xbox One game captures after updating the console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recorded two game clips on the Xbox today (26th Oct 2019), and each of them said 'Game clip recorded', so they should have saved. I checked in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NumberLace11613, Oct 28, 2019.

1. I have lost some of my Xbox One game captures after updating the console

I recorded two game clips on the Xbox today (26th Oct 2019), and each of them said 'Game clip recorded', so they should have saved. I checked in the 'Recent Captures tab and they were there, but I couldn't upload them to Xbox live/ OneDrive due to being
    offline. So I connected to the internet, where I was immediately asked whether or not to update the console. I said yes, as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to upload the captures due to being offline. Once the upload had finished, I had been signed out
    of my account, and when I checked the captures (I checked ALL folders - recent captures, captures on this Xbox, captures on Xbox live...), they were gone.

The clips I recorded today are gone, but all others remain untouched.

Can anyone help? I'd be really grateful!

:)

NumberLace11613, Oct 28, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Always save your recorded clips otherwise you might lose them. There is nothing you can do now but I suggest you to always make a back up.
  3. NumberLace11613 Win User

Thanks for your advice. : )

I thought that the clips saved automatically though...

Do i have to manually upload them to OneDrive/Live in order to save them?

I couldn't do this as the Xbox needed to update as soon as it connected to the internet.
  4. Zorg Win User

Captures stored ON my Xbox disappeared

It's not related to the update.

The Xbox console has only a limited amount of reserved space for captures, so if that limit is reached, new captures will "push out" older captures.

If you wish to keep certain captures permanently, you need to use Upload Studio to upload your captures to OneDrive for example.
    I know exactly what you are talking about and this is not the case. EVERY capture I had before a certain time disappeared. Not to mention this was on a less than 1 year old Xbox One X. I had my prior console since launch, taking many many captures and never
    had an old one removed. Even if you were correct and I somehow took more captures in a year than I took in over 3 years on my other xbox, it wouldn't cause everything to disappear. It would gradually push old ones out. Several other people have reported
    to me that they have lost captures after this update and even prior updates, and looking at when I lost mine, it happened right about the time the July update was applied.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally?

Typically you want lots of room for updates especially xbox one os updates

I peraonally dump all my games and have my external.hdds as default install

300meg to 2gigs for updates after which they goto the xbox reserved area of your hdd

Id keep it fairly clean of excess usesage

I have multiple.terbytes of hds
    I understand what your saying but there's reserved space on consoles for OS updates.

The same goes for captures to the Internal HDD.

Ever wondered why you're missing captures not uploaded to the cloud?

There's only so much allocation space, that and formatting.
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

Destination Arcade

Hi Jesterruler1,

I understand your frustration. I have the dragon prop and I'm able to use it, but my husband is unable to use his. There was a dashboard update at some point and he lost use of the dragon.

That being said, I lost an avatar outfit after one dashboard update, and got it back after another update. So you never know.
Thema:

1. I have lost some of my Xbox One game captures after updating the console - Similar Threads - lost game captures

2. unistalled xbox 360 game on xbox 360 lost save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unistalled xbox 360 game on xbox 360 lost save data: yesterday i uninstalled red dead redemption 1 on my xbox 360 i was using the disc version that was installed to the hard drive then deleted the installed version then i bought the digital version...
  3. games lost

in XBoX on Windows
    games lost: Hi, i'm here because i have a lot of problems finding games back after reinstalling my windows, i had 2 games that disappeared and i have no clue how to find them back... When i go to the games...
  4. "stream connection lost" on WiFi and Data before game even boots, I've reported it but no...

in XboX Insiders
    "stream connection lost" on WiFi and Data before game even boots, I've reported it but no...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ComradeOregle [link] [comments]
  5. How to recover lost game save?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to recover lost game save?: Hello, I just launched "Kingdom Come: Deliverence" and I have lost my saved game file, I have put lots of hours into the game and I need to know how to recover it, It is disgusting that I am...
  6. Wwe 2k 19 lost all caws like the game reset it self or a problem with the servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wwe 2k 19 lost all caws like the game reset it self or a problem with the servers: Went on wwe 2k 19 just now to finish a caw and none of them are there like the game reset it self even my fished the story and its at the beginning also got this when starting the game up [img]...
  7. Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to play "Installed" games from GamePass PC ( I'm Lost): Hello, I don't know what to do anymore. Wall of text incoming. I was playing The Outer Worlds on PC with GamePass. After a few days I wanted to change some ini files in the game to disable...
  8. Game Data Lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Data Lost: So, my game data for Overwatch is just completely gone. I deleted the game off my console for a while because I wanted to take a break. I redownloaded it and it says I'm level 1 with absolutely...
  9. Lost access to my game and still charged

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost access to my game and still charged: I had purchased Mortal Kombat X on the Microsoft Store, but I was charged twice, two purchases of $21.24, even though I only bought one game. I contacted Xbox Support through their support...
  10. minecraft game crash, lost everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft game crash, lost everything: the game has crashed several times, this way I lose material and points. Is there a way to prevent or undo this? i play the game on pc, windows 10 a2a00ed0-f52f-493f-8c12-592d6dbee47a