I have to use my Microsoft account password to Sign into my account on my Xbox One Every time, ...

Discus and support I have to use my Microsoft account password to Sign into my account on my Xbox One Every time, ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my account sign in setting on my Xbox one is set to "make it fast make it magic" with the kinect recognizing me and signing me in with no password... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sir BostonTBag, May 9, 2014.

1. I have to use my Microsoft account password to Sign into my account on my Xbox One Every time, ...

So my account sign in setting on my Xbox one is set to "make it fast make it magic" with the kinect recognizing me and signing me in with no password required. But instead every time i turn on my Xbone it says "Couldn't Sign in Dimitri(me),Sign in using
    a controller instead." And i have to put in my Microsoft account password in too sign in why? Why am i getting a security challenge every time i try to use my account on my Xbone. I've looked at my Microsoft recent account activity and it shows Security Challenge
    every time i have turned on my Xbone all at the same IP address, State, City, Country. So how in the
    [Mod Removed] do i get it NOT to challenge me every [Mod Removed] time i try and sign into my XBL account? Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Sir BostonTBag, May 9, 2014
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, May 9, 2014
  3. gazred35
    gazred35 Guest
    Sign in with Kinect!

I had it recently where I had to manually sign in every time with my password when it use to just recognise me. But I'd forgot I had updated my account details online and changed my primary email address. All you have to do is delete your account on the xbox one and then log in with your updated email and password. Now I just say xbox on and it auto loads me in.

gazred35, May 9, 2014
  4. ALPINGEIST
    ALPINGEIST Guest

I have to use my Microsoft account password to Sign into my account on my Xbox One Every time, ...

Attempt a Factory Reset, Then attempt your initial login once again. this should correct the situation and return the unit to its original factory conditions. not to worry all your saved items will return via the Cloud.

ALPINGEIST, May 11, 2014
  5. ALPINGEIST Win User

I have to use my Microsoft account password to Sign into my account on my Xbox One Every time, why?

Attempt a Factory Reset, Then attempt your initial login once again. this should correct the situation and return the unit to its original factory conditions. not to worry all your saved items will return via the Cloud.
  6. Ultraspank35 Win User

Being prompted for Microsoft account password to sign in every time.

I'm having the same exact problem. Worked flawlessly for about two weeks now it prompts me for the password every time I try to sign in. The worst part is that it recognizes me and then says something like, "sign in failed, please sign in with controller."
    At that point it asks me for my password. I have my password saved for sign in and it still asks me nearly every time. I tried changing my old email alias associated with my LIVE account to my primary one on my Microsoft account and this didn't seem to help
    either. Most frustrating is that I tried to sign in this morning and it worked without a hitch. There seems to be no consistency to the sign in and I have no idea how to fix it. I use my LIVE account on 360 and also on PC to play Dark Souls. Could using it
    across multiple platforms be [MOD REMOVED] something up?
  7. MissCowgirl44 Win User

Need help changing Email on account

When i made my account 4 years ago none of my emails worked..so i used my friends since he was at my house at the time...every time i tried to change it later on it never worked...now he doesnt know the password and was unable to reset it...im using my girlfriends
    account b.c i cant sign into mine on xbox.com without the password...i have all the info to get into my xbox live account when i talk to the microsoft support but they were unable to help
  8. Lawcere-E884E6C6-C6F Win User

Error Signing In. Xbox Live won't let me sign in at all on my 360.

I am having this exact same problem. I know my email and password perfectly and I can sign into my account on the xbox website and microsoft, but it says my password is wrong when signing into xbox. I have tried changing my password several times and still
    no resolution.
  9. DigitalAssassin Win User

I used a gmail account to sign up for xbox live and it doesn't work now.

Hi there, I've got a second gamertag with a gmail account that works perfectly fine, though the password for my email address is different to the one I use to sign-in to this website and the console itself.

Have you tired going through the following link to reset the password? This will at least ensure you're using the right password

support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account-solution
Thema:

1. I have to use my Microsoft account password to Sign into my account on my Xbox One Every time, ... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account password

2. Friend and I can't remember his old password to his Microsoft/Xbox account and we no longer...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend and I can't remember his old password to his Microsoft/Xbox account and we no longer...: Hi there! So title basically says it all unfortunately ("Friend and I can't remember his old password to his Microsoft/Xbox account and we no longer have access to the old email, but also can't...
  3. Continue using the password in your MICROSOFT account. MICROSOFT 계정에서 해당 암호를 사용하세요

in XBoX on Consoles
    Continue using the password in your MICROSOFT account. MICROSOFT 계정에서 해당 암호를 사용하세요: I tried to log in at the XBOX game console. However, messages such as the title are output. I changed my password and tried again, but the result was the same. Password changed on XBOX.COM If...
  4. Microsoft account hacked, user ID changed and password. what can I do

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account hacked, user ID changed and password. what can I do: My Microsoft account was hacked and my password changed and user id too. What can I do t o fix this. Is there a phone number for Microsoft or can you only try chat or automated answers. Thanks...
  5. I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE !

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE !: I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE ! f9afab43-743c-4be0-8c0a-6f379a6de694
  6. Microsoft family, younger sisters account asking for MY password instead of parent account ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft family, younger sisters account asking for MY password instead of parent account ...: Well, recently, me and my mother added my sister to the microsoft family account, just sl we could both help her out with getting access to online or what she can and cant do on there, but she...
  7. Can't use a password to 3 month of subscription or my money on the microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use a password to 3 month of subscription or my money on the microsoft account: I bought a 3 months xbox live subscription and i have credited my microsoft account of 10 euros in the hope of being able to play online. However by entering the code an error message is...
  8. Microsoft account, restore password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account, restore password: Hi, sorry for my english. I'm going to try to explain my problem as well as I can. I'm writting from a new microsoft account I have created because it is impossible to me to access to my old...
  9. Hello, I forgot my live account password and it's the same as microsoft,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I forgot my live account password and it's the same as microsoft,: Hello, I forgot my live account password and it's the same as microsoft, and I can not do anything now to cancel it or even cancel its own live credit card. How could I cancel the account and...
  10. [xbox360] Microsoft account password was set at least 21 characters.

in XBoX on Consoles
    [xbox360] Microsoft account password was set at least 21 characters.: Hi ! To raise the security level of the Microsoft account password was set at least 21 characters. not contain more than 20 characters enters a password on Xbox 360. Do you have a workaround or...