I just deleted my last and only message on my XBox One X, It still says I have 1 message.

Discus and support I just deleted my last and only message on my XBox One X, It still says I have 1 message. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I just deleted my last and only message on my XBox One X, It still says I have 1 message. I received a message from Xbox asking me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LogicaLucidity, Jul 29, 2019.

1. I just deleted my last and only message on my XBox One X, It still says I have 1 message.

Hello Everyone.

I just deleted my last and only message on my XBox One X, It still says I have 1 message.

I received a message from Xbox asking me to play the Gears Game and after reading the message I deleted it.

Unfortunately, there is still a notification with a #1 next to the message icon when you hit the Xbox button on the Remote.

But, when you go to the communication area there are no messages.

There are no messages on Xbox.com either. It just sits there with those five blue dots floating by forever loading.

I have removed the account, cleared the cache, and re-downloaded my account.

This would not be a skype issue would it?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

LL

I just deleted my last and only message on my XBox One X, It still says I have 1 message. [​IMG]

:)

LogicaLucidity, Jul 29, 2019
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  3. LogicaLucidity Win User

Unfortunately, the only account on the Xbox one is mine. I can not test it on another account.

I have a son but his hands are just big enough to handle the controller.

He gets to play on the old 360 a few hours a week. He loves it.

Thank you everyone. I'll sleep on it.

I'll give it 24-48 hours, and see what happens.

Maybe then I will think about a factory reset where I keep my games & apps.

I would report the issue then as well.

Hopefully it just goes away. Either Way, I will come back and update the thread, no worries.

I appreciate the feedback.

LL
  4. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Hi,

This might be a issue with the message system itself best way is to just wait a few hours and it automatically would delete +1 message
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi LogicaLucidity,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies! When referring to a factory reset, it would be a good option to choose the one that allows you to keep your games & apps installed as a first choice to see if this will clear up any potentially damaging
    file that could be on the system's OS causing this message issue to happen.

It is never a bad idea to give it a try for troubleshooting as our Ambassador and fellow XBF member have recommended; however, should the messaging issue still remain you can either try a full reset (removing everything) or wait a bit longer to see
    if it sorts itself out finally (this has happened to me in the past as well and did take some time).

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One

Please be sure to know the log in credentials (email address & password) for any profile on your console, and if applicable, the network hardware log ins if using WiFi to connect to the internet as this information will be removed following any factory
    reset.

Give this a try and update us with the results.

I hope this helps you a bit more!
  6. MoltenDarkman Win User

This has happened to me once you delete the message just reset the xbox and when you go back to your home screen and in the message box the message should be gone.
Thema:

1. I just deleted my last and only message on my XBox One X, It still says I have 1 message. - Similar Threads - deleted last message

2. Deleting your account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting your account: How can you STOP. Households. From deleting. My account thans d11ebe19-97cb-4cf5-ac84-956bae4ef5d9
  3. Accidentally deleted my husband's hard drive on old 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally deleted my husband's hard drive on old 360.: I thought that I was freeing up space to play games that wouldn't load and I ended up wiping out everything that was saved. Can I recover any of it? Our xbox isn't hooked up to wifi and our router...
  4. Minecraft world deleted itself

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft world deleted itself: So i have had this really good minecraft world since xbox one edition and I transfered it over and all was well. But today when I went to get on it had deleted itself and I have no idea how to get...
  5. Se me borran los juegos [Mod Translation - My games are deleted]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Se me borran los juegos [Mod Translation - My games are deleted]: Tengo un problema, desde hace meses instale el COD: Black Ops 4 y de la nada se borro sin que yo hiciera algo, tengo 365 gb de espacio creo, no uso memorias externas ni nada, recien se me borro...
  6. Delete All XBOX Files from Hard Drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Delete All XBOX Files from Hard Drive: Please forgive what might be a really silly question, but here goes: If I promise to never, ever, EVER use an XBOX Game on my itty bitty crappy laptop-lite device, can I delete any and all XBOX...
  7. Deleting a Soul Link in Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleting a Soul Link in Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition: I acidentally created a save in an area where I am stuck, and cant get out of a certain zone. is there any way to delete the soul link and fix my game, or will I just have to start over? I’m about...
  8. Transferring a Minecraft World (Please don’t delete, the last one was flawed and not specific)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferring a Minecraft World (Please don’t delete, the last one was flawed and not specific): Me and a bunch of friends have made a minecraft world that we all enjoy playing on, however the person who made the world is extremely inconsistant when it comes to playing on the world. Is there...
  9. Deleted all my codes last night by accident.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Deleted all my codes last night by accident.: I was cleaning out all my messages last night and it was acting funny. Accidentaly hit the delete to many times and deleted all my codes. Had Gears of War, All the Quantum Break pre-order stuff....
  10. My 2k player got deleted now all it says is continue from prelude last played 9/8/17. need ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 2k player got deleted now all it says is continue from prelude last played 9/8/17. need ...: My 2k player got deleted now all it says is continue from prelude last played 9/8/17. I have screen shots and clips on my account on Xbox so u know I'm not lying I was a 86 overall I just grinded...