I keep getting Elite Series 2 Controller broken out of the box.

Discus and support I keep getting Elite Series 2 Controller broken out of the box. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I bought a Series 2, within a week or two, the Left thumbstick started messing up. It would register extra movement even after I let go of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by fuhmus, Apr 9, 2020.

1. fuhmus
    fuhmus Guest

So I bought a Series 2, within a week or two, the Left thumbstick started messing up. It would register extra movement even after I let go of the thumbstick. And I don't mean stick drift, like much worse.

Then I sent it in for repair and the replacement, in the first week started messing up. The RB would register twice sometimes and the Left stick started messing up just like before.

Then I sent that controller in for repair and the replacement, literally in a day, now the right stick is making a squeaking sound. And it keeps getting louder to the point that its super annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if other issues come up as I play
    more.

While I was going through the repair for the first time, I bought a new Series 2. In a few days the Y button became sticky and kept getting worse. Then the RB And LB would register multiple times even though I only pressed once.

So now I have to send the 2nd replacement in for repair and the new one that I bought for repair as well.

And I'm sure the replacements of these would come broken as well.

So my question is what do I do at this point? I love Xbox controllers and been using them for a decade now. I really like the Series 2 but it is just beyond unreliable and it is supposed to be a premium product. I just don't understand.

:)

fuhmus, Apr 9, 2020
  2. jasonpickup Win User

elite series 2

no don't buy an elite series 2 because ive had 2 brand new elite series 2 and they where both broken out of the box
  3. NaZoooom Win User

Hi fuhmus,

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your Elite Series 2 controller. Until the replacements come back, you won’t know for sure if they are faulty. I understand the experience you have had so far has not been great but hopefully you will get a great
    unit back.

At this stage I believe your options would be to either continue making warranty claims or you could try speaking to the retailer you purchased the controller from to see if they can provide a suitable remedy. That could be in the form of a replacement or
    refund however do bare in mind depending on your countries consumer laws, the retailer may not have to offer you anything. It is deffo worth a try going down that route if you are not happy with your controller.

Hope this helps and good luck :)
  4. Jaxpug Win User

Controller

Ive had the baseline controllers for years and keep holding back from pulling the trigger (get it?) for an elite controller. When the series 2 came out, I was ready to go get one, but the fervor died off with reports of disconnecting.

Right now I’m still waiting to get an elite. I plan on it sometime this year, maybe with the Series X
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller issue, anyone else having this problem?

6. ppbucko Win User

Elite v2 Controller A button broken (input registering), third faulty Xbox one controller in three months!

Same problem, A button not always working on Elite series 2 controller, straight out the box. Returned it to Microsoft store, still waiting to hear back from them 1 week on.
Thema:

1. I keep getting Elite Series 2 Controller broken out of the box. - Similar Threads - keep getting Elite

2. Keep getting error 0x82D40003

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep getting error 0x82D40003: I recenlty got home today i wanted to play some overwatch but i keep getting error 0x82D40003. Ik there was a update for xbox today, idk if its causing this but im wondering if anyone else is...
  3. Keep getting blocked from dlc characters I own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting blocked from dlc characters I own: Bought characters and some days my xbox blocks me from using them. Mk11 aftermath d4c3e6da-aef3-487e-9531-eaf611011e43
  4. I keep getting a RANDOM internet EXPLORER short cut on my start menu...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting a RANDOM internet EXPLORER short cut on my start menu...: its very suspicious since i dont have it installed..... can someone help or know about this? 01739b2c-974c-405b-8aca-d1c05970f491
  5. Can you please lock my so I can only get in it I there is someone that keeps logging me out...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you please lock my so I can only get in it I there is someone that keeps logging me out...: Please lock my account for xbox so I can only get on it someone keeps logging me out 7d1bebff-41aa-471d-b71c-fd396ebb69b0
  6. Keep getting disconnected from xbox live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting disconnected from xbox live.: Been happening for the past month. Can't play a single game without randomly getting kicked offline. This a problem with the xbox servers because everything else on my wifi works fine. Please...
  7. Why do I keep getting booted off my WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting booted off my WiFi: Today may 19, 2020 i was playing monster hunter world with my friends when suddenly my wifi turns off this happens to me sometimes since i dont have an ethernet cable but i got it all fixed for a...
  8. I keep getting signed out of my Minecraft switch account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting signed out of my Minecraft switch account: Something keeps showing up on my screen when I sign in saying “temporary account” b6fa437c-9400-48a3-a329-2cd3871d0f01
  9. Can't sign into Microsoft on Ps4, I keep getting an error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sign into Microsoft on Ps4, I keep getting an error.: Hello, This has been happening for a few days now maybe a week, but now it's getting me upset. Everytime I try to login, I get the same "Failed to Login: We tried to sign you into your microsoft...
  10. Xbox game update keeps getting stuck at 100%

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game update keeps getting stuck at 100%: Whenever I download/update a game it gets stuck at 100% and I can‘t play it. I disconnected the wifi and it would let me play the game. But if it is an online game I am screwed... submitted by...