I need help/ advice with sound issues on xbox one.

Discus and support I need help/ advice with sound issues on xbox one. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my X1 connected via optical connection to my 5.1 receiver and get 5.1 with games xbox video and amazon instant, but not with netflix, now TV,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DALTON5150-413A8E0A-A06D-4953-984E-6DA7A8249E5C, Aug 26, 2014.

1. I need help/ advice with sound issues on xbox one.

I have my X1 connected via optical connection to my 5.1 receiver and get 5.1 with games xbox video and amazon instant, but not with netflix, now TV, xbox music, 4od, I know these app work in 5.1on the 360 as I have a 360 also hooked up the same way direct
    to my receiver. Is there an issue with these apps onew xbox one that I'm not aware of? Or is there a setting I have to adjust?

:)

DALTON5150-413A8E0A-A06D-4953-984E-6DA7A8249E5C, Aug 26, 2014
  2. ingcarlos26
    ingcarlos26 Guest
    PIP w/ Xbox One in TV Mode

Friendly advice: get a good hdmi cable to connect the set top box to the xbox one. This will help you mitigate any hdcp handshake issues.

ingcarlos26, Aug 26, 2014
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Need Help/Advice with an Xbox One Controller

As you bought it 2nd hand your best bet would be to return it to the seller as it's unfit for use.

Daft Badger, Aug 26, 2014
  4. Watch7ower
    Watch7ower Guest

As far as I can remember, Netflix on Xbox 360 had the option to change sound output (stereo or surround) once you had begun playing a video that supported both? Pick a recent movie to test this with; play it and then bring up the controls for subtitles,
    etc and check if there is the option to switch sound output.

It may or may not be the same for the other apps you're having this problem with.

Watch7ower, Aug 27, 2014
  5. Watch7ower Win User

As far as I can remember, Netflix on Xbox 360 had the option to change sound output (stereo or surround) once you had begun playing a video that supported both? Pick a recent movie to test this with; play it and then bring up the controls for subtitles,
    etc and check if there is the option to switch sound output.

It may or may not be the same for the other apps you're having this problem with.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Account deleted??

Sorry to hear it. The best I can offer as advice would be to contact Turn 10 Studios to see if they can help with this as it sounds like an in game issue.
  7. XBF Erick C Win User

xbox live

Hey there chloe!

Sorry to hear you are running into these connectivity issues. We would advice that you go through some basic troubleshooting to try and get this issue resolved. Go ahead and follow the support article "I
    need help with my Xbox One network connection
    " and let us know if you still need assistance.

I hope this helps!
  8. dainja raas Win User

Need Help And/Or Advice........

Think very carefully about putting your credit card details on there , I prefer to use pre-paid codes that are available at various retailers.Xbox live is well worth the money in my opinion so yeah , go for it.MS are currently giving away 2 games a month
    free of charge(albeit some are pretty old,but free is free right).
  9. jaspertodd Win User

Need Help And/Or Advice........

My personal opinion and what I do is buy a 12 month gold subscription from Amazon, Walmart etc whoever is cheaper. As for xbox live accounts, if both of you want gold live then u both need to pay. As for games just as normal you buy a game either in a store
    or on xbox live dashboard. The reason u need gold is to play multiplayer games, be able to use netflix, amazon, other apps but you still need to pay their subscription fee as well.

You can also try xbox gold free for 1 month when you make a silver account on your xbox, at least thats how it used to be.
Thema:

1. I need help/ advice with sound issues on xbox one. - Similar Threads - need help advice

2. need help advice or something about my xbox tv settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help advice or something about my xbox tv settings: hi guys n gals really sorry to post this but i need advise i bought a xbox x i connected it to my lg 4k tv now my tv supports up to 120 hz but on my xbox x it only gives me the option to click on...
  3. GAMES NOT WORKING & $17,000 IN GAMES BEING STOLEN BY MICROSOFT. NEED HELP AND ADVICE FROM ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GAMES NOT WORKING & $17,000 IN GAMES BEING STOLEN BY MICROSOFT. NEED HELP AND ADVICE FROM ...: I was told on Friday that I needed to restore my console because the feed was acting up, I specifically asked if it would effect the games that were purchased on MAIN BUYING PROFILE games that...
  4. Black ops 2 game advice, can't join need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops 2 game advice, can't join need help: so me and my friend have recently downloaded our Xbox 360 game 'Black Ops 2' onto our Xbox ones, which you can do. But what we are having trouble with, is joining each others games. And I do not...
  5. need help advice or something about my xbox tv settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help advice or something about my xbox tv settings: hi guys n gals really sorry to post this but i need advise i bought a xbox x i connected it to my lg 4k tv now my tv supports up to 120 hz but on my xbox x it only gives me the option to click on...
  6. ​ help advice information and who do i need too contact

in XBoX on Consoles
    ​ help advice information and who do i need too contact: ok so I have been suspended my gamerscore skyrocketed and I don’t know why nothing like this has ever happened to me I just want to figure it out my account has never been hacked before I suspect...
  7. help advice information and who do i need too contact

in XBoX on Consoles
    help advice information and who do i need too contact: ok so I have been suspended my gamerscore skyrocketed and I don’t know why nothing like this has ever happened to me I just want to figure it out my account has never been hacked before I suspect...
  8. ​ help advice information and who do i need too contact

in XBoX on Consoles
    ​ help advice information and who do i need too contact: ok so I have been suspended my gamerscore skyrocketed and I don’t know why nothing like this has ever happened to me I just want to figure it out my account has never been hacked before I suspect...
  9. help advice information and who do i need too contact

in XBoX on Consoles
    help advice information and who do i need too contact: ok so I have been suspended my gamerscore skyrocketed and I don’t know why nothing like this has ever happened to me I just want to figure it out my account has never been hacked before I suspect...
  10. help advice information and who do i need too contact

in XBoX on Consoles