I need help setting up the XBox One S - Please !

Discus and support I need help setting up the XBox One S - Please ! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought an XBox for my son's birthday. I have a Microsoft account and I created a Microsoft account for him. In setting up the XBOX, I used my son's... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KelliCoulthard, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:12 AM.

1. I need help setting up the XBox One S - Please !

I bought an XBox for my son's birthday. I have a Microsoft account and I created a Microsoft account for him. In setting up the XBOX, I used my son's account first. Then it said I needed an account because he is under the age of 13. I added my own existing
    Microsoft account to the XBOX. It's the only XBOX in our home, and the only one we've ever had. I created a family account and added my son.

My son tried to play Roblox. It said he needed a subscription account to play online. My new XBox came with a Game Pass code and typed it in (using child's account). Then it said that the child account couldn't authorize the credit card (for recurring payment
    purposes). So I switched to my account. The code worked. However, when my son logged into his account to play games, it said: "subscription needed" . The message wanted us to pay more $ again for a subscription that we already had created in our required
    family account. So he cannot use the XBox .

I read online that one subscription account is shared among all family users signed in to the Home XBOX. What are we doing wrong or can anyone please help us!

Thank you!

:)

KelliCoulthard, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:12 AM
  2. Smwutches Win User

Make sure your account does have the console set as its Home console. https://beta.support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

Also, double check what the code is for. What is needed for your son to be able to play Roblox is a Gold subscription. A Gold subscription is required to play online (Roblox is an online only game which is why it's required). Game Pass is like Netflix for
    games. It allows you to access a library of games to play without having to buy games individually. So if the code you got was for Game Pass, it is not the right subscription to allowed him to play online. If it is for Game Pass Ultimate, then he should be
    able to play online (Ultimate includes both Game Pass and Gold).
  3. gds1972 Win User

how to get wireless internet to play online ?????

4. gds1972 Win User

XBOX One S doesnt want to connect to 4K

Hi

Please try following this
    troubleshooting
    guide hopefully it should help. One of the first things I would check is the settings for the HDMI port in the television setting as quite often this needs to be changed to allow 4k content to be played.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Risks Of Mounting Upside Down

Hi Oliver_Turp,

Thanks for your post. For information on how to safely set up your Xbox One S console for use, check out this page:

Xbox One S Positioning

I hope this helps.
  6. InvolvingCoot Win User

Help setting up xbox one s

Speed up Xbox one s update I'm downloading Call Of Duty War War ¡¡.It's going on 6hrs & still downloading.
Thema:

1. I need help setting up the XBox One S - Please ! - Similar Threads - need help setting

2. Need help after incorrectly set lock / activation by Enforcement Team

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help after incorrectly set lock / activation by Enforcement Team: Hallo, I have been for example XBOX Ambassador since May 2019. At the beginning of September 2020, I received a permanent lock on XBOX Live from the XBOX Enforcement Team - without warning. I...
  3. I need some assistance in helping me set up my Xbox settings for my 4K 50 inch Tv and my 4K...

in XboX Insiders
    I need some assistance in helping me set up my Xbox settings for my 4K 50 inch Tv and my 4K...: [IMG] submitted by /u/EmergedJokerd [link] [comments]
  4. i need help with privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with privacy settings: i can never find a way to change my mine craft settings because the Xbox settings always take me top the support page, which i don't want. I just want to play mine craft multiplayer. anyone care...
  5. Seriously need help with setting this thing up

in XboX Insiders
    Seriously need help with setting this thing up: I've spent hours combing through every piece of advice listed in the subreddit, on the Xbox website and yet I still cannot for the life of me get this to run, I've linked everything been an Xbox...
  6. I need help whith display settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help whith display settings: Hello , i have a spectre monitor, C305W-2560UN This is a ultrawide monitor, but i want to play at 16:9 , in the display settings on the xbox where do i go ? To Display 16:9 ?...
  7. Mi serve aiuto nel cambiare i privacy settings di Xbox. [Translate] I need help in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mi serve aiuto nel cambiare i privacy settings di Xbox. [Translate] I need help in...: Ho recentemente creato un account Xbox per giocare online su PC, ma non posso cambiare i privacy settings per far giocare i miei amici con me. Il problema è che ho cambiato recentemente il numero...
  8. need help with figuring out with set-up on my xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help with figuring out with set-up on my xbox one x: purchased a new xbox one x, tried to set-up the console but after trying to download the set-up, it would tell me no connection to internet and now its giving me an error code 0x80070490. what do...
  9. need help advice or something about my xbox tv settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help advice or something about my xbox tv settings: hi guys n gals really sorry to post this but i need advise i bought a xbox x i connected it to my lg 4k tv now my tv supports up to 120 hz but on my xbox x it only gives me the option to click on...
  10. need help advice or something about my xbox tv settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help advice or something about my xbox tv settings: hi guys n gals really sorry to post this but i need advise i bought a xbox x i connected it to my lg 4k tv now my tv supports up to 120 hz but on my xbox x it only gives me the option to click on...