I need my gamertag changed

Discus and support I need my gamertag changed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi my name is Traisha I do not have an xbox I do have a windows 8 pc here is what is going on I this is the chat I had with costumer support Joms:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TraishaHernandez, Jan 22, 2014.

1. I need my gamertag changed

hi my name is Traisha I do not have an xbox I do have a windows 8 pc here is what is going on I this is the chat I had with costumer support

Joms: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Joms. Please give me a few minutes to read your question.

Joms: Hello there Traisha. I see here you mentioned you are unable to change the name on your account. Is that correct?

Traisha: yes

Joms: Got it, I'll be glad to assist you on chat/

Traisha: it just gave me a name and I don't like it it is offensive

Traisha: thank you

Joms: Okay, just to set expectations, 1. you can only change the gamertag in 30 days after the account has been created, 2. through a $10 gamertag change fee, 3. If you have been receiving complaints about a rude/ offensive gamertag.

Joms: If I may ask, what is your gamertag?

Traisha: SlobberyCone79

Traisha: I have been trying to change it from day one but it wont let me

Traisha: I have windows 8 and it made me an account and gave me that name

Joms: Oh I see.

Traisha: My husband is really mad

Traisha: and so am i

Joms: What you can try to do is request for a force gamertag change over at the Xbox Forums.

Joms: Since you find your gamertag offensive, what you can do is create a post over at the Xbox Forum explaining why.

Traisha: ok were do I go for that

Joms: Let me get you the link for the Xbox Forum.

Traisha: k

Traisha: they wont try to charge me right

Joms:
    Xbox Forum on how to change gamertag

Joms: They will not charge you.

Joms: I suggest that you click on the link, then sign in using your Microsoft Login information.

Traisha: ok thank you

Joms: That way, you can have the option to create a new post.

Joms: You are welcome Traisha.

Traisha: ok

Joms: If I may ask, was I able to answer your question tonight?

Traisha: yes but I don't know what to go to in the link

Traisha: do I just put up a new post

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [Personal info removed] Do not post personal info on the forums. at the end of your chat.

Joms: Good question, once you click on New Post, enter your reason why you want to change your gamertag.

Joms: That way the Enforcement Team can understand the level of importance for such request.

Traisha: oh ok

Joms: The enforcement team will reply to your post as soon as they receieve it.

Joms: Is there anything else I can clarify for you?

Traisha: no that is all thank you so much Joms

Joms: Thank you for taking the time to come to chat, It was my pleasure chatting with a nice person such as yourself.

Joms: Thank you for your kind consideration and patience on this mater. It was my pleasure chatting with a nice person such as yourself.

Joms: Before we part ways, I will greatly appreciate if you'll close the chat window properly for me. Here's how:

Joms: Click on the “CLOSE CHAT” button located at the top right hand corner of the chat window. Thank you for contacting Xbox and have a pleasant evening.

Traisha: OK THANK YOU JOMS I need my gamertag changed :)

Can you help me or not thanks

:)

TraishaHernandez, Jan 22, 2014
  2. Need my gamertag changed

Hello, my current gamertag now is , it was [Mod Removed]for over a year until earlier today I was kicked out of a game and it gave me this gamer tag. It said it was inappropriate and I could understand that, I didn't think
    it was a problem since it has been like this for over a year, but I'm willing to change it I understand. It told me if I don't like the gamer tag that was chosen to go to settings and change it, when I did it wanted me to pay $10 for it. I didn't even get
    the option to change it to something else. It just gave me this ridiculous gamertag. I'd like to be able to change it to something completely appropriate if given the chance, but I'm not paying $10 when they forced me to have this name.

ItchyPup343371, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Need my gamertag changed

So xbox will give you their own ridiculous name if they don't like yours even if u've never "abused" this free change in a name. That's terrific

ItchyPup343371, Jan 22, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Please don't make multiple posts for the same issue since you were answered in the last forums post

You will have to pay for the name change

The enforcement team is different from customer support the more practical person to change your name would be support but as they do not have the power like the guy said you cannot

Live life and play fair

ngocphi, Jan 22, 2014
  5. ngocphi Win User

Please don't make multiple posts for the same issue since you were answered in the last forums post

You will have to pay for the name change

The enforcement team is different from customer support the more practical person to change your name would be support but as they do not have the power like the guy said you cannot

Live life and play fair
  6. iNb4 Ownage Win User

I NEED MY GAMERTAG CHANGED PLEASE

[quote user="SlobberyCone79"]

My name is Traisha h.

I need my gamertag changed it is offensive to me and my husband. It has caused problems in my marriage. I have windows 8 and when I sign into my computer it gave my a xbox live account and this name for it (SlobberyCone79).
    I have been trying to change it for a long time. But my son was on my computer and saw the name. If you could help me change it that would be great.

Thank you truly

Traisha H.

[/quote]

Hey there Traisha!

You can change your Gamertag by getting on your Xbox 360 console and scrolling over to "Social" then click on your Avatar. Once you select your Avatar, scroll over to the right until you see the "Change Gamertag" option. Select that and then there you go!
    If your account is less then 30 days old, it wont cost you a penny, but if it's more then 30 days, you will have to pay a $9.99 charge for a new Gamertag. :)
  7. Daft Badger Win User

i need help changing my gamertag

If you really are getting harassing messages on live then block communications with the person sending them & file a complaint via your console.You can even set comms to friends only.

If you want to change your gamertag then you will have to pay like everyone else,you will not get a free gamertag change.
  8. TraishaHernandez Win User

this does not help me this is what im talking about ok read it please and let me know if you can help

Joms: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Joms. Please give me a few minutes to read your question.

Joms: Hello there Traisha. I see here you mentioned you are unable to change the name on your account. Is that correct?

Traisha: yes

Joms: Got it, I'll be glad to assist you on chat/

Traisha: it just gave me a name and I don't like it it is offensive

Traisha: thank you

Joms: Okay, just to set expectations, 1. you can only change the gamertag in 30 days after the account has been created, 2. through a $10 gamertag change fee, 3. If you have been receiving complaints about a rude/ offensive gamertag.

Joms: If I may ask, what is your gamertag?

Traisha: SlobberyCone79

Traisha: I have been trying to change it from day one but it wont let me

Traisha: I have windows 8 and it made me an account and gave me that name

Joms: Oh I see.

Traisha: My husband is really mad

Traisha: and so am i

Joms: What you can try to do is request for a force gamertag change over at the Xbox Forums.

Joms: Since you find your gamertag offensive, what you can do is create a post over at the Xbox Forum explaining why.

Traisha: ok were do I go for that

Joms: Let me get you the link for the Xbox Forum.

Traisha: k

Traisha: they wont try to charge me right

Joms: Xbox Forum on how to change gamertag

Joms: They will not charge you.

Joms: I suggest that you click on the link, then sign in using your Microsoft Login information.

Traisha: ok thank you

Joms: That way, you can have the option to create a new post.

Joms: You are welcome Traisha.

Joms: If I may ask, was I able to answer your question tonight?

Traisha: yes but I don't know what to go to in the link

Traisha: do I just put up a new post

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [Mod Removed] at the end of your chat.

Joms: Good question, once you click on New Post, enter your reason why you want to change your gamertag.

Joms: That way the Enforcement Team can understand the level of importance for such request.

Traisha: oh ok

Joms: The enforcement team will reply to your post as soon as they receieve it.

Joms: Is there anything else I can clarify for you?

Traisha: no that is all thank you so much Joms

Joms: Thank you for taking the time to come to chat, It was my pleasure chatting with a nice person such as yourself.

Joms: Thank you for your kind consideration and patience on this mater. It was my pleasure chatting with a nice person such as yourself.

Joms: Before we part ways, I will greatly appreciate if you'll close the chat window properly for me. Here's how:

Joms: Click on the “CLOSE CHAT” button located at the top right hand corner of the chat window. Thank you for contacting Xbox and have a pleasant evening.

Traisha: OK THANK YOU JOMS :)

SlobberyCone79 01-23-2014 7:54 AM

Delete

Reply to this Conversation

Format

Font family

Font size

Support

Xbox Wire

For Developers

Jobs

Feedback

Photosensitive Seizure Warning

© 2014 Microsoft

United States

Mobile version

Privacy Statement

Xbox.com Terms of Use

Code of Conduct

About Our Ads

x

Interstitial infomation?

Interstitial infomation?

Better Deals

Ads by bestmarkitAd Options
  9. Smwutches Win User

Sorry, but support gives the wrong information. No one on the forums can give you a forced name change. The enforcement team will only issue a forced name change if your name violates the code of conduct. They would then change it to another random tag.
    Since yours does not violate the code of conduct, they would not give you a forced name change. You will have to pay to change the tag or create a new one.
Thema:

1. I need my gamertag changed - Similar Threads - need gamertag changed

2. Ich need Help my Gamertage ist Changeable,bitte i doesnt Changes him nie i need to buy it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ich need Help my Gamertage ist Changeable,bitte i doesnt Changes him nie i need to buy it...: i need hell because my gamertag isnt changeable now but i doesnt changed him a36c2571-031d-40c8-a517-74ef88786d6b
  3. Microsoft Gamertag Policies Need to Change

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Gamertag Policies Need to Change: Greetings, here... not that I care for this name any longer. For the past, approximately, two years; I have been attempting to change my Gamertag to one that says is 'Available' on all websites,...
  4. Euro to dollars for gamertag change? i need assistance

in XBoX on Windows
    Euro to dollars for gamertag change? i need assistance: Hello, i saw that my payment option is on euros and i want to pay on USD... cannot change it ... i have $10 USD on paypal and cannot buy my gamertag change,,, 3bdfb8fb-67a9-4ef8-a71a-280d4149edcd
  5. I need a gamertag change due to harrasment

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a gamertag change due to harrasment: I need a gamertag change due to harrasment and ive spoken to xbox live and they said they would do a report on their end while i submit this, theyre very nice. Thank you my email is: *** Die...
  6. Help with blocked Gamertag -> Need an E-Mail change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help with blocked Gamertag -> Need an E-Mail change: Hello, I got a very old profile with important Gamerscores on it and I want to recover it. The Problem is, that I forgot my security answer and I never bought something with a Creditcard or so....
  7. Need Help with Xbox Live After Changed GamerTag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help with Xbox Live After Changed GamerTag: Hi I'm currently having this issue after I changed my Gamertag. It was alright with my previous Gamertag when I decided to change Gamertag. After the Gamertag changed, I can't connect Xbox live...
  8. how many microsoft points do i need to change my Gamertag

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    how many microsoft points do i need to change my Gamertag: how many points do i neeeeed????? d763b65a-2375-4237-ae7e-d03f32992f76
  9. Need Help with Xbox Live After Changed GamerTag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help with Xbox Live After Changed GamerTag: Hi I'm currently having this issue after I changed my Gamertag. It was alright with my previous Gamertag when I decided to change Gamertag. After the Gamertag changed, I can't connect Xbox live...
  10. Need gamertag change/reverted to old one until I want to change it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need gamertag change/reverted to old one until I want to change it.: Here's my case number: 1407458888. I was wondering if you can help me either with getting a new gamertag or reverting back to my old one for now. I was at a funeral yesterday and while I was gone...