I need suggestions on how to discreetly sign in to an XBOX Live profile at a public place.

Discus and support I need suggestions on how to discreetly sign in to an XBOX Live profile at a public place. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm opening a gaming center soon. I was hoping to set it up primarily with XBOX One systems, but our customers will want to sign in using their own... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RavagedUnicorn, Aug 27, 2014.

1. I need suggestions on how to discreetly sign in to an XBOX Live profile at a public place.

I'm opening a gaming center soon.

I was hoping to set it up primarily with XBOX One systems, but our customers will want to sign in using their own profiles to keep their save game data to themselves.

I'm looking for ideas on how to allow customers to sign into their profiles without others looking over their shoulder to see their password.

Several years back there was a gaming center in town that had 360 systems. Back then you didn't need to use a password to sign in to a profile that was stored on a memory card. So customers would bring their profiles on memory card, plug it in and away we
    go.

Now passwords are required for profiles on external storage, and don't believe it is even possible to use profiles on external storage with XBOX One in the first place.

If anyone can think of a good way to do this, I'd greatly appreciate the suggestions.

:)

RavagedUnicorn, Aug 27, 2014
  2. ERROR CODE:801151911 Cannot sign into xbox live

I cant sign into xbox live through my profile but when none of my profiles are signed in i can connect to xbox live. also i can sign into xbox live through my account on my PC. Please provide suggestions as to why i cant sign in.

SludgyAutumn361, Aug 27, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, Aug 27, 2014
  4. I need suggestions on how to discreetly sign in to an XBOX Live profile at a public place.

On Xbox 360, you can have your profile stored on a flash drive and sign in that way. On both Xbox 360 and Xbox One, you can require a pass code to sign into a profile as well. Essentially, they would have to sign in with their MSA and password, and then
    enter the Pass Code to verify they are the owner of the profile.

EddieHendrickson, Aug 27, 2014
  5. EddieHendrickson Win User

I need suggestions on how to discreetly sign in to an XBOX Live profile at a public place.

On Xbox 360, you can have your profile stored on a flash drive and sign in that way. On both Xbox 360 and Xbox One, you can require a pass code to sign into a profile as well. Essentially, they would have to sign in with their MSA and password, and then
    enter the Pass Code to verify they are the owner of the profile.
  6. IntenseJames Win User

can i get suspended for....

How can I make my profile public without signing into my e-mail on Xbox?
  7. Lofty Who Win User

EA ACCESS DOESN'T WORK

First I wouldn't be posting the code on a public forum :/

And this is not the place where anyone can help you. I think you will need to contact Xbox Support, by phone would be my suggestion.
  8. two HALF EYES Win User

Switching gamer profiles on Xbox live

But how will my current subscription be switched over to a different gamer profile when you state that I need to sign up for Xbox live free?
  9. Mister Maka Win User

Windows 10 logging into wrong Xbox account when launching games.

Hey there, PrimeMussel.

You'll need to set your Windows 10 account to a local account, and then change the Microsoft Account to the Xbox Live account that you want to use for games. To change how your account signs in, you can type Account Settings into Cortana and select the Change
    Profile Settings option.

To clarify, there is an option to sign in with multiple accounts, but if you don't need to use both, I suggest only tying one MSA to sign-in/gaming to avoid any trouble like this.

Let us know how it goes :)
Thema:

1. I need suggestions on how to discreetly sign in to an XBOX Live profile at a public place. - Similar Threads - need suggestions discreetly

2. Suggesting for project-xcloud needs more criteve games for childern ages 3 to 10 also an...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting for project-xcloud needs more criteve games for childern ages 3 to 10 also an...: Hi I love the idea of project-xcloud but the lack of creative games for the kids is a big issue. Some of the games my children love to play are Minecraft, Lego city undercover, TerraTech,...
  3. Need help/ suggestions for my Xbox One X Console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help/ suggestions for my Xbox One X Console?: I need help with my xbox one X console. I've own the console for about 1 year and half, recently I've playing games. But for some reason the console won't stay on anymore. When playing minecraft...
  4. A little help I need some suggestions

in XBoX on Consoles
    A little help I need some suggestions: my Xbox isn’t working and I’m wondering if you guys know the cheapest or best way to get a new Xbox or if you know a trade in to go in old one for a cheaper price I would really appreciate the...
  5. NBA 2K16 Frustration! Thoughts and Suggestions Needed!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2K16 Frustration! Thoughts and Suggestions Needed!: Platform: Xbox 360 Game: NBA2K16 Issue: My son can’t play this game on-line. Message says “You do not meet the requirements to play on line or edit your my player account” Suspected reason:...
  6. I cannot delete COD Ghosts from my Xbox One? Any suggestions? Need room for new games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot delete COD Ghosts from my Xbox One? Any suggestions? Need room for new games.: I have tried rebooting xbox one, pulled power cable, but game will not delete from xbox One Hdd:/ ccb5da49-7e3b-44b7-95ef-fa2d2f314b8e
  7. New/Returning Gamer.... Need suggestions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New/Returning Gamer.... Need suggestions: I haven't played any games in years mainly because of work and life. Used to love Halo but recently picked up my controller and popped in Halo 3 and couldn't get used to the controls and frankly...
  8. No power to console..... need advice or suggestions!!!!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    No power to console..... need advice or suggestions!!!!!!!!: Short story my Xbox one worked fine all morning turned off for an hour came back to the green screen of death, got past that then my console shut itself off now when I plug it into mine it flashes...
  9. Buying an external keyboard to my Xbox One, need some suggestions!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buying an external keyboard to my Xbox One, need some suggestions!: Hi, Everytime when I have to type something on-screen when using Xbox One, I feel it is too slow to use my controller to type in the words. I prefer buying an external keyboard, preferably...
  10. A needed suggestion...

in XBoX on Consoles
    A needed suggestion...: I really wish Xbox would do the same on the 360 as they do on the One. I have three kids and the family pack Live was great. Now that they got rid of it and my kids still play on the 360, I have...