I need the files I saved on my XBox One Internal drive with file explorer

Discus and support I need the files I saved on my XBox One Internal drive with file explorer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Im probably in a minority however.... Because using MS Edge on XBox One (Can view on 55 inch screen and zoom functionality in Edge performs much better... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OrientalJesus, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:53 AM.

1. I need the files I saved on my XBox One Internal drive with file explorer

Im probably in a minority however.... Because using MS Edge on XBox One (Can view on 55 inch screen and zoom functionality in Edge performs much better than on my Surface) is much easier for me than on pc (think Accessibiliity tool for visually impaired
    - only free and uncomplicated) and also SO MUCH MORE SECURE (theres no XBox Antivirus for a reason) I use it for all of my shopping, banking and personal communications. I have my tax records, employment documents, bank statements, health ins records, and
    insurance docs on here. I also have pics and a couple audio and video files that are all stranded on here now. Additionally, it seems you have utterly eliminated my ability to use my XBox for these things. And you have also removed my file access via system
    settings. So...

Please tell me how I can:

Get my stranded files moved to my USB stick or drive (I have both)

Continue to use my XBox as described above. (for saving, accessing, etc files)

Thank you

:)

OrientalJesus, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:53 AM
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

If i might ask why? It might already be there. Youre just using it as a stopgap, you dont have to keep doing so.

Xbox is not designed to be a PC for doing work, so please understand when it doesnt work like one
  3. OrientalJesus Win User

Im using Edge, which does not give option to use OneDrive storage. Ive never used, and wont even if I could, OneDrive
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

You should be able to access anything saved via OneDrive app. This in turn can be accessed on any other Xbox, PC, laptop or device that has OneDrive installed on. You just sign in on any device with the same Microsoft account you use on your Xbox One.
  5. OrientalJesus Win User

Additionally... I disagree w yor statement on design. Edge was created for XBox specifically for these purposes and updated subsequently to allow for file creation, access, and manipulation. Duh.
  6. OrientalJesus Win User

Why? Security, privacy, accessibility. (as stated in original post)

Why would I understand limiting access to the hardware I own? Why would I understand not having access to the files I own? Why would I understand that at all? Why would I understand that it worked fine for over a decade and still does bc I have apps that
    use it, but for some unfathomable reason I cant? Not to mention its making the other apps harder to use now.

Oh, and why would you accept it?

Maybe this forum isnt the right place to ask this question bc I need an answer from a person who understands computers not just ppl who only know how to start apps or play video games.

Open to any suggestions, but dont need opinions on how you they perceive a device "should be used", thanks anyway for your time. A computer is a computer is a computer is a computer... The form and footprint of that computer (its not a device, though that
    is the popular term) is irrelevent.

Thx
Thema:

1. I need the files I saved on my XBox One Internal drive with file explorer - Similar Threads - need files saved

2. Need help with file explorer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with file explorer: There is no longer a file explorer and it was a cool and useful thing to have if you wanted and I can no longer use it due to a unfair change. }:( 53df9c2b-106f-4437-91a9-b133b33127fa
  3. xbox OSU file needed to recover system 19h1_release_xbox_dev_1910.190923-1911

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox OSU file needed to recover system 19h1_release_xbox_dev_1910.190923-1911: I am writing in behalf of a friend, he broke his xbox and had to buy a new HDD , but to recover his OS he needs the last version, because he his a beta tester (preview of insider ) and his OS...
  4. Alpha — guess I need an OSU file of latest build...

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha — guess I need an OSU file of latest build...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Jonathan_x64 [link] [comments]
  5. release_xbox_dev_1910.190829-1945 - System Update (X:) files needed!

in XboX Insiders
    release_xbox_dev_1910.190829-1945 - System Update (X:) files needed!: Help, I've bricked my Xbox one X system today and I am stuck on the troubleshooting menu. My update files have been removed from the HDD and I am unable to redownload them directly from the Xbox....
  6. Do I need to install two separate game files for two different accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I need to install two separate game files for two different accounts?: Hello. I have a Korean account that I made while I was in Korea, and I've got some games(Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive) that I purchased from Korean stores. Afraid of losing the...
  7. Playing Local Files In Groove Music (Xbox) Needs To Be Better

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Local Files In Groove Music (Xbox) Needs To Be Better: I am trying to play local music files (all .mp3) from my Xbox One S using Groove Music and there are a lot of problems. Yes, I already know about and have used OneDrive to listen to music with...
  8. Halo Reach needs fresh save file to start correctly on Xbox one :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Reach needs fresh save file to start correctly on Xbox one :(: Hello! Well, been playing Halo Reach a lot on the xbox one with my son, and for the most part besides some slow-down it's been working pretty dang good, until recently :(. Got my nephew's...
  9. Need to move my saved game files from one xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to move my saved game files from one xbox to another: Okay, I couldn't be the only person to ever have this problem but I can't find any helpful topics online. I have a launch date xbox one and just purchased a xbox one S. I have game progress in...
  10. HELP! Need to link save file (Diablo 3), accidentally deleted offline profile. HELP. HELP.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! Need to link save file (Diablo 3), accidentally deleted offline profile. HELP. HELP.: It was just an honest mistake I wanted my xbox live (signed up in computer instead of xbox) up. I deleted the offline profile not knowing that it wont recover....just because I wanted to link...