I need to change my Xbox live gamer tag to my Xbox tag so I can redeem codes

Discus and support I need to change my Xbox live gamer tag to my Xbox tag so I can redeem codes in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have had the same tag for 8 years. A few months ago I tried to remotely move my Xbox tag, etc to my grandson's Xbox so I could play there. It ended... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SpiralChalice98, Jul 22, 2019.

1. I need to change my Xbox live gamer tag to my Xbox tag so I can redeem codes

I have had the same tag for 8 years. A few months ago I tried to remotely move my Xbox tag, etc to my grandson's Xbox so I could play there. It ended up giving me another tag. Now I go to Xbox Live to redeem my Gears 5 code and it goes to the new tag,
    not my old one. How do I get my Xbox live TAG the same as the XBOX tag?

:)

SpiralChalice98, Jul 22, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there SpiralChalice98,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a question with redeeming codes on a correct account. This sounds like there are 2 different emails. I recommend signing into the account individually to review the sign in email. This can
    be located on the upper left hand corner on the dashboard or give this a try:

• Settings > Account
    • Sign in, security and passkey > in the center under Show on Home will display the email

If you would like further assistance with accounts, I recommend to
    contact Customer Supportfor further assistance.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  3. {Parity} Win User

You will have to log in with the credentials that you used to create the original tag.
  4. DanMen334 Win User

You must log in with your original account and not create another one so your data, games and subscriptions will be available regardless of whether you use another console than usual
  5. SpiralChalice98 Win User

Thank you...log into live or log into xbox?

My Live tag is .

My Xbox tag is TX Goomah

I need to make my Live tag the same as the Xbox tag so when i download codes in Live they are axtive on the Xbox.
  6. Ryan117Smith Win User

Can't sign into Live.

Idk where to find the model number. And I get the code that is for corrupted gamer tags so I had to delete my tag. But I need live to get it back.
Thema:

1. I need to change my Xbox live gamer tag to my Xbox tag so I can redeem codes - Similar Threads - need change live

2. Need Help with Xbox Live After Changed GamerTag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help with Xbox Live After Changed GamerTag: Hi I'm currently having this issue after I changed my Gamertag. It was alright with my previous Gamertag when I decided to change Gamertag. After the Gamertag changed, I can't connect Xbox live...
  3. Need Help with Xbox Live After Changed GamerTag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help with Xbox Live After Changed GamerTag: Hi I'm currently having this issue after I changed my Gamertag. It was alright with my previous Gamertag when I decided to change Gamertag. After the Gamertag changed, I can't connect Xbox live...
  4. What Setting needs to change to enable my child to utilize my Xbox Gold Live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    What Setting needs to change to enable my child to utilize my Xbox Gold Live account: We have Family Settings on our Xbox One S account. As the adult, I purchased Xbox Gold LIVE, but my child cannot utilize the Xbox Gold LIVE and that is the only reason I purchased it! What...
  5. Hi-need to change my Live billing date. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi-need to change my Live billing date. Any ideas?: Hi there. My account is debited on the 20th of each month for my Live subscription. I'd like to change this to anywhere between 25-30th of the month, but can't find how/where to do this. Any help...
  6. I need to change the email associated with my xbox live account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to change the email associated with my xbox live account.: I cannot change the email on my xbox live account. I tried to link it to my microsoft account and the microsoft account generated a generic gamertag. I cannot verify my email address because it's...
  7. Hellow I need help changing my xbox 360xbox live account region back to Unite States

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hellow I need help changing my xbox 360xbox live account region back to Unite States: Hellow I need help changing my xbox live account and xbox 360 region to Unite States , I changed region from Unite Estates to Ecuador and in Ecuador there is no Xbox Live and now I cant do...
  8. Help! I need to make a change to my Xbox Live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! I need to make a change to my Xbox Live account: I need to remove a credit card from the billing part of my Gold account . I have been all over this site and when asked to log in to my account I end up being asked if this is me and that I need...
  9. Live Gold expired before the deadline and stuck the use. Security information changed and need ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live Gold expired before the deadline and stuck the use. Security information changed and need ...: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my LIVE GOLD account which I redeemed the code in February 2014 for 12 months and around June 14 I lost the access to Gold. I already tried to reuse the redeem...
  10. Xbox Live Email Address Needs to be Changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Email Address Needs to be Changed: Just going to throw this out there. I have been trying to switch my gamertag to a different microsoft account as my old one sat unused for a few years and at one point was hacked by someone else....