I own a game and am being told to purchase it again

Discus and support I own a game and am being told to purchase it again in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own Borderlands 2 the Handsome Edition for the xbox one on a physical disc, but after I install it and try to run it on my console, I am redirected... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CrazierSpade474, May 10, 2021.

1. I own a game and am being told to purchase it again

I own Borderlands 2 the Handsome Edition for the xbox one on a physical disc, but after I install it and try to run it on my console, I am redirected to the Microsoft store so that I can buy it there. This hasn't happened with any other games I own a physical copy of. Has this happened to anyone else and how can it be fixed? I don't want to have to buy it twice since I clearly own it if it's a physical copy.

:)

CrazierSpade474, May 10, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Own Oblivion DLC but being told to purchase again

Hello Dragonlord0501, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Dragonlord0501 Win User

Own Oblivion DLC but being told to purchase again

Yeah so none of that helped, the problem is even on my computer it says I do not own the dlc, on the Microsoft website. I’m not purchasing a DLC for the second time
  4. Sophia hunt Win User

Told to purchase game I already own.

It worked, thank you so much for the help :)
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Told to purchase game I already own.

Hello Sophia,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are being asked to purchase Grand Theft Auto V when you are installing it on a disc. We recommend cancelling the installation and installing the game offline. We have a support article
    that explains
    how to install a game while offline
    . This will allow the console to install the game through the license on the disc while the console is offline. Then you take the console online and finish installing any updates. Be sure to let us know the results Sophia!
  6. MortalAlpha6 Win User

Why am I being told that I need to rebuy DLC that I own on the 360?

Not everything is transferrable between the 2 versions.

No I understand but it a
Thema:

I own a game and am being told to purchase it again

1. I own a game and am being told to purchase it again - Similar Threads - own game being

2. will there be a rick and morty on xbox in a game of there own

in XboX Insiders
    will there be a rick and morty on xbox in a game of there own: will there ever be a rick and morty game for xbox i know lots of people will buy it and it seems more of a good idea but every one whants to know if there is a rick and morty game for xbox idea...
  3. Games with gold game missing from library/not owned???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with gold game missing from library/not owned???: I see Jurassic Park Evolution is on gamepass now. I went to see if I still had it installed, from when I got it wit games with gold before. I don't, so I go to downoad, it says to "buy to own". So...
  4. Minecraft is the only game owned by Microsoft that isn't on Gamepass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft is the only game owned by Microsoft that isn't on Gamepass for PC: I own Minecraft Java, Minecraft Android, and Gamepass for PC. I am very surprised to see that I cannot play Minecraft for Windows 10 through Gamepass, especially now that Gamepass for PC costs $10...
  5. Major Suggestion request. Licensing for digitally owned games.

in XboX Insiders
    Major Suggestion request. Licensing for digitally owned games.: I would like to request the Licensing for digitally owned games be changed. Allow me to explain. So if you own a digital game on console, You have to be online to verify the ownership as the...
  6. Not being able to install a game I own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to install a game I own: Recently I've gotten back into boarderlands 3 I own to separate xboxs and have the game downloaded on one of them I tried to reinstall the game on my other xbox but it says I dont own it and I...
  7. Being told I don't own my digitally bought games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being told I don't own my digitally bought games: I've seen two different error codes when trying to start my digital games, one of which is code "0x97e107df" which I'm aware pertains to the current xbox live errors and is apart of the current...
  8. Backwards compatable game unable to download even after being owned on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatable game unable to download even after being owned on Xbox 360: I do not know when this happened but R.U.S.E for Xbox 360 became backward compatible on Xbox One and so I wanted to download and play it, when I checked my Ready to Install section, it did not...
  9. Game disc playing without it being in my console and I don't own the digitalcopy of it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game disc playing without it being in my console and I don't own the digitalcopy of it?: So while I had my console on I was moving my new entertainment center in my room I had ghost recon in and playing while getting it setup. After I was done setting it up and playing a few hours I...
  10. Membership shows as owned, games don't recognize membership being active.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Membership shows as owned, games don't recognize membership being active.: Hello there! My xbox one on the game destiny does not show that I have a gold membership, when I attempt to purchase one, it says I already own a monthly membership. Please help, ty!...