I own the Disc but Xbox says I need to own the game to use an Add-On from Microsoft Store ??

Discus and support I own the Disc but Xbox says I need to own the game to use an Add-On from Microsoft Store ?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can Anyone Help !?!? Basically, I bought Forza Horizon 4 (on disc) and when I went to the Microsoft Store Online the other day to browse Add-Ons and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FatalDragon69, Sep 15, 2020.

1. I own the Disc but Xbox says I need to own the game to use an Add-On from Microsoft Store ??

Can Anyone Help !?!?

Basically, I bought Forza Horizon 4 (on disc) and when I went to the Microsoft Store Online the other day to browse Add-Ons and Bundles etc. I noticed that it said that "I need to own the game to use this add-on" !?!?

No matter what I tried (console re-boot and reset, clear caches etc.) nothing made any difference, it STILL says the same thing !!

The only thing I can think of is that it must be conflicting with Game Pass some-how, as the game's available in Game Pass BUT I bought the game before I joined Game Pass and obviously installed it from my Disc NOT Game Pass and when I play the game I always
    Insert the Disc then Tap 'A' on the Tile with the Disc Icon shown in the Bottom Right-Hand Corner to Load and Play the Game from my Disc and I can hear the Disc Spin-Up as it Loads the Game !!

Does anyone have a solution to this issue ??

Has anyone else had the same problem ??

A little help from a Microsoft Dev or Tech Dept. would be MUCH Appreciated !!

!! Thanks in Advance for Any Help/Info !!

:)

FatalDragon69, Sep 15, 2020
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

I own the Disc but Xbox says I need to own the game to use an Add-On from Microsoft Store ??

Is the add on for the version of the game you have?? Have you downloaded the game through game pass?? Do you have any demos of the game avail??
  3. Smwutches Win User

Is it keeping you from being able to buy the add-on or is it just mentioned in the game description?
  4. kev edin Win User

From Disk to Digital

It is a shame that Microsoft cant store the license from disc to say you own it and then you don't need disc all the time . If it's a case of not wanting you to share it surely they could be able tell if it has been used . đź‘Ť
  5. Robert RedXBox Win User

I have not been able to rate my game that I got from my local Gamestop store, its installed but says

are these the best place to report problems with my physical Xbox One Far Cry 5 game disc,

again its saying in Microsoft store that I don't own it, so I can't rate my store brought physical game from GameStop. , that's the problem I was trying to report here, today the disc is reading just fine, I uninstalled it and then reinstall it, then did the
    updates but still the Microsoft store is saying that its installed but is not letting me rate it , its still saying that I don't own the game message even thou I have my physical copy of it installed on my Xbox one system. I hope that better helps explain
    the problem so it can be fixed in the next updates if that's possible, or this problem needs to be fixed maybe in the next Xbox one system updates. on a side note, I don't no if that much people know about the forrums on xbox one website here, it seems like
    these forums don't get that much people looking at them, I don't no if this is the best place to report my problem with my physical xbox one game disc reading in Microsoft store app as not owned when installed on my system, since I have no luck getting it
    to read as owned I hope in the next patches or updates that problem is fixed again I am not sure if this was the best place for me to report this problem with my new game or not.
  6. Skyrim Dragon Win User

All Xbox 360 DLC's going to be gone in the future.

Juxtapose that last part about not legally owning the disc game is total crap. Just like buying anything. Clothing, food ex. You but it you own it. The phyisical game itself. The actual disc is yours. Just like your xbox. And yes you legally own the phyisical
    game that you buy. If that were true companies of all kinds would be able to take anything back simply cause they dont have a license saying they own the produce. Not everything in life needs to have a license.Dont beleive me ask microsoft if you own the game
    you guy from the store.
Thema:

1. I own the Disc but Xbox says I need to own the game to use an Add-On from Microsoft Store ?? - Similar Threads - own Disc says

2. Owned game discs not starting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned game discs not starting: All my ddiscs exxcept newly. Owned will not start or play. Any suggestions? 78af0350-602a-48bd-8e4b-b11f835ad89e
  3. Forza Horizon 3: I own a disc but bought the Ultimate Edition online, can I stop using my disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3: I own a disc but bought the Ultimate Edition online, can I stop using my disc?: Hello, I just bought a physical disc for Forza Horizon 3 for my Xbox One X about a month ago. But just about today, I bought the Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition. Will it be possible for me to...
  4. Kingdom Hearts 3 says i need to update a pass, but i own it on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kingdom Hearts 3 says i need to update a pass, but i own it on disc: so one day a few months ago, i had a issue with the game running without the disc, and reported it, they said they would fix it (I am talking about Microsoft Support) and a month later, this...
  5. Modern warfare says I only have warzone but I own the game on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern warfare says I only have warzone but I own the game on disc: Hell all, I have been incredibly frustrated the past few days. I was able to play Modern Warfare multiplayer up until this past Tuesday, June 30th, when they released their mid season update. I...
  6. Playing games offline that I OWN on disc for Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing games offline that I OWN on disc for Xbox One: Ok, so I have 3 Xbox One consoles, two original Xbox One systems and a One X. My home xbox is in my room and I have the second Xbox in the lounge. I cannot play any games that I OWN on disc on the...
  7. I can't play GTA V evebthough I own the disc for years already now? The xbox says that I...

in XboX Insiders
    I can't play GTA V evebthough I own the disc for years already now? The xbox says that I...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MHMHK [link] [comments]
  8. Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy: [img] Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy I want to know how to the free dlc for my disc copy with out having to spend more money for a game I already payed for...
  9. Game on disc saying you don't own this game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game on disc saying you don't own this game: My son has a game on disc - Rocket League, he has been playing it for months, now all of a sudden it says 'You don't own this', you need to buy it in store??? Can anyone help me with this?...
  10. My Xbox says I don't own skyrim despite having the disc in tray.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox says I don't own skyrim despite having the disc in tray.: this started the day after that "free play" thing. I knew this was cause an issue. I restarted my Xbox and game. Still asks "do you own this game or app". Umm yes I've owned the damned thing for...