I plugged my 360 into the wall and my Xbox One powered up!

Discus and support I plugged my 360 into the wall and my Xbox One powered up! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had put my 360 console away but decided to bring it out again to play Skyrim. When I plugged my 360 power plug into the wall socket, my Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by reptileegg, Aug 25, 2014.

1. reptileegg
    reptileegg Guest

I had put my 360 console away but decided to bring it out again to play Skyrim. When I plugged my 360 power plug into the wall socket, my Xbox One switched itself on! What is going on? The only thing I could think of is that they were both connected to my
    router at this time so maybe they got got their signals crossed and the Xbox One powered up when it shouldn't. I was no where near the X1 power button and my Kinect is switched off (but still plugged in).

:)

reptileegg, Aug 25, 2014
  2. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest
    Can someone help me figure this out - xbox one

[quote user="Borss39"]

Make sure you're plugged into the wall and NOT a power strip.

[/quote]

Please elaborate, as I use power strips plugged into power strips for my low powered boxes.

WillSmithVXR, Aug 25, 2014
  3. Xbox One Turns On without Input

Twice in the last week my Xbox One has powered up without input. Audible start up noise, etc. It was also shutting off while playing music cds when left unattended. The power cable has been plugged directly into the wall outlet, and the sleep function
    has been turned off, but it appears these are ongoing issues. What is my next step?

OneGiraffe1860, Aug 26, 2014
  4. KAM7KAZ7 Win User

All Xbox One games freeze and kick me to home screen

My xbox one is plugged into a power strip, not directly into the wall socket. It does have a surge protector.
  5. J.R.G. Win User

Does the Xbox one under-perform while using an external surge protector?

Plug mine directly into the wall. Don't remember if the 360 was recommended to be plugged into the wall, but do know my girlfriend went though 3 power supplies (Using surge protector), while I never had to replace mine.
  6. Some.Dude Win User

Error E105000000008007045D Xbox one X

I did two things to fix this on my son's xbox one. First I did a factory reset from the troubleshooting menu selecting the option to save installed games. Second I plugged the power supply directly into a wall outlet. We had moved the xbox one to
    a power surge protector power strip extension cord. After reading some recommendations to plug straight into the wall outlet I did that. We had to reset up the account but the xbox is back to life. No more E105000000008007045D.
  7. ForestTroll05 Win User

OK to disconnect Xbox One from power source each day after using it?

That's not possible, I have only one plug in the wall. I couldn't even connect my Xbox and my TV at the same time without a power strip.
  8. U Smell Poor Win User

Can't connect to specific friend on Xbox Live; suspected port blocked by ISP

Ive never had a problem using Air Wave Networks until now. My old xbox 360 works fine plugged in the wall, however my xbox one will not work at all when the ethernet cable is plugged in the wall.
Thema:

1. I plugged my 360 into the wall and my Xbox One powered up! - Similar Threads - plugged 360 wall

2. Xbox 360 S I have Red dot when i plug in HDMI cord and error code E82

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S I have Red dot when i plug in HDMI cord and error code E82: when the hdmi I unplugged I have Green lights I also changed cords w/ anew one still same problem? 5e0d1f09-4d70-4535-a917-04e591a8aa0e
  3. XBox 360 Wireless Receiver Requires Re-Plug After Power On

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 360 Wireless Receiver Requires Re-Plug After Power On: Hello, I have a wireless 360 controller that I use on my PC (Running fully updated version of Win 10). The wireless controller won't connect to the receiver (which is plugged into a USB port on...
  4. Kinect has red light on original Xbox 360 even though all wires are plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect has red light on original Xbox 360 even though all wires are plugged in.: The Kinect is plugged in the the split, and the USB & plug are all plugged in. How do i fix this? 56882611-ffc5-4b61-bcf1-5a02f0f1ef8e
  5. Afterglow Xbox 360 Controller won't work after plugged in on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Afterglow Xbox 360 Controller won't work after plugged in on Xbox One?: I plugged my Afterglow Xbox 360 controller into my friend's Xbox One. But it didn't work. When I plugged the controller into my PC it didn't work. Four of the Player Icons were on until the...
  6. I plugged a wireless USB connector into an Xbox 360, I can't get it out

in XBoX on Consoles
    I plugged a wireless USB connector into an Xbox 360, I can't get it out: I plugged a wireless USB connector into an Xbox 360, and I can't pull it out because my fingers can't securely grab it. Is there any way to get it out? If you are wondering, it is to a Logitech...
  7. Xbox 360 Plug and Play not working on laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Plug and Play not working on laptop: I have got an Xbox 360 wireless controller and a plug and play kit with it. I |plug my USB part of the controller into the laptop USB drive. Nothing happens. I have put it in all the USB slots,...
  8. power supply for xbox 360 with a 175w connection plug

in XBoX on Consoles
    power supply for xbox 360 with a 175w connection plug: I am trying to buy a power supply for my xbox360 (175w plug connection) and apparently one is not available from anywhere, including the manufacturer of the product. I have purchased 2 from other...
  9. Plug and Play Controller Kits XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plug and Play Controller Kits XBOX 360: We have purchased 4 Plug and Play Controller Kits for our XBOX 360. All 4 have gone bad within a year. The last 2 were purchased on 3/24/15, and they are now bad. Called Tech Support today...
  10. Xbox 360 Blurry When AV Plugged In

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Blurry When AV Plugged In: Alright, So I got a new headset today, which requires the COMPONENT cables.. (RED, WHITE, YELLOW) Before I bought it my xbox was hooked up to my TV with a HDMI cable, I don't know if this changes...