I purchased a game with my XBOX account and it forced me to buy it through EA BETA?

Discus and support I purchased a game with my XBOX account and it forced me to buy it through EA BETA? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am very confused by why this happened, however, I know that this can be fixed, I just need someone to help me fix it. I bought the game Vampyre,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MeanKitty13, May 28, 2022.

1. MeanKitty13
    MeanKitty13 Guest

I purchased a game with my XBOX account and it forced me to buy it through EA BETA?

I am very confused by why this happened, however, I know that this can be fixed, I just need someone to help me fix it.

I bought the game Vampyre, which I though was my XBOX account, however, it forced me to put it in EA Beta. I have/had been using the EA Beta for other games I play on my PC now that are technically XBOX games. With the cloud gaming this need for a separate platform will obviously be non-existant.

So today I purchased a game for my daughter on my XBOX account again, it tried to force me to EA Beta, however, I noticed something.....Instead of ($) the dollar symbol it was showing the pound symbol (L).

So I changed the region in which my account was in to the correct United States, and was able to buy my daughters game and have it on our XBOX Account.

So...My problem is that I do not know why or how the region was switched to UK from US on my XBOX account, however, it would make sense because I have had the worst billing issues lately...Ever since this new platform came out, CLOUD GAMING, EA BETA, etc, being able to use my PC to play my favorite XBOX games, we have had some funny issue monthly......payment wise....

So....because of this...the game I purchased, VAMPYRE, is on EA Beta not XBOX, and it should be, needs to be, because they were connected/joined. Refund and repurchase is what I think needs to happen, but someone needs to help me move this game. I shouldnt have to pay for it twice because of this confusion and a setting that defaulted incorrectly on my account when it started utilizing the new gaming platforms.

Thank you! Ciao!

:)

MeanKitty13, May 28, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

EA sells other company’s games, and occasionally offers them as part of that service

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/vampyr/vampyr

Perhaps this is the version you purchased
  3. l PaLeStInE l Win User

Let me change my region.

Then they ought to force my gamertag to change. If they aren't willing to let me pay that's crap. I'm not going to buy gold for another account. This has been my account for three years. I have a unused account to purchase things off xbox arcade, but
    if microsoft doesn't help me it will be their fault that I am not purchasing content from them in the future. If they help me change my gamertag I will purchase gold.
  4. BeastBoy751 Win User

I never received my ear access code for pure ordering madden 17

Well I rather have msp and I was forced to buy ea access because u guy can't do Ur duty And send me my code
  5. PT Bear3 Win User

Can't play any EA games on my account

I'm having the same problems. Been playing EA games for over 10 years with no problems. Then it looks like EA has done a forced password reset on me and now anytime I open an EA game it gives me a messaging asking me to reset my password. But when I check my email (one based on the Xbox account and various others I've had over the years) there is no reset password email.

I have reached out to EA support multiple times over the phone through 1800 978 320 found this number after hours of digging on their site. They often aren't available or have hold times of 20 mins+. They ask me to either provide the email which they are saying is wrong and not linked to my Xbox account or verify my account by providing personal details which are then wrong because I don't even remember setting up an EA account let alone entering my details. One support person was also exceptionally rude and hung up on me.

So I have lost access to various EA titles I've bought over the years, my EA play game pass access and any saved progress or achievement progress. I've seen others with this same problem popping up on various forums too so it seems to be quite a common problem. At this stage I would be happy just unlink my old EA account and create a new one, taking the hit on the lost games and progress.
  6. Customrider004 Win User

why cant you buy backwards compatibility games straight from your from your xbox one

@Jena, no I don't trust EA access. I originally paid my first years subs by prepaid credit and immediately removed the auto renew and the card used has expired.

@Excalibur, I would normally buy games through the 360 Xbox store as that doesn't require credit card details. So why it is necessary to add card details for online purchases is beyond me when I already have enough prepaid credit on my MS account.
Thema:

1. I purchased a game with my XBOX account and it forced me to buy it through EA BETA? - Similar Threads - purchased game account

2. My purchased account in the game TESO (18+) was banned on the obviously false and absurd...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My purchased account in the game TESO (18+) was banned on the obviously false and absurd...: It all started when the troll wrote me obsessive private messages in the game. This troll got in the teeth from me for harassing me, and wrote a complaint to Game Support. Support did not...
  3. Its telling me i need to sign in on account that purchased the game to be able to play and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Its telling me i need to sign in on account that purchased the game to be able to play and...: wont let me play my games i own 0dfdfb2d-d3ee-4be2-80f4-03d04d701dea
  4. Previously purchased DLC not registered to account for cloud gaming.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Previously purchased DLC not registered to account for cloud gaming.: Hello, A few days ago I decided to activate / re-activate my xbox live account with a the Xbox Ultimate Pass so I could play some xbox 360 games on the cloud on my PC - well mostly just the Fable...
  5. If I purchase a game on my PC via the Xbox App, can any xbox account play the game that was...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase a game on my PC via the Xbox App, can any xbox account play the game that was...: I am wondering if I buy Halo: MCC on my PC, will any account be able to access it or will only the account I bought it be able to? fe91c3c9-3499-4c87-aace-199ce9e5f44f
  6. cant use microsoft account balance to purchase in game contents

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant use microsoft account balance to purchase in game contents: microsoft literally robbed me. i redeemed microsoft gift card and added money to my account. when i am trying to buy any game or any in game content, it is showing - this payment method no longer...
  7. Changed Microsoft account and lot all purchased and installed games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed Microsoft account and lot all purchased and installed games.: Guys - can someone please help me!! I reset my Xbox as it kept switching off for no reason...I then had to re-enter all my Microsoft account details, to which i could not remember any and had no...
  8. Game Pass for PC account name Different from main account? Unable to purchase Halo Infinite...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass for PC account name Different from main account? Unable to purchase Halo Infinite...: My main account for xbox is under my original name. When i bought a PC i created a throwaway account just to get into party chat with people. Now i bought game pass ultimate and i am somehow using...
  9. Can I gift a digital game that I purchased through my account but was meant to be installed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I gift a digital game that I purchased through my account but was meant to be installed...: I bought a game, "minecraft", and I wanted to install it on my son's xbox account, but I was logged into my own account when I bought it and now it seems that I can't give it away once bought,...
  10. Xbox removing games I purchased on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox removing games I purchased on my account: We bought games on xbox and when we tried to reinstall ones we havent played in a while, they werent showing up in our libraries (i checked every accounts libraries) and couldn't find anything....