I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 (bedrock), how do I get the Java version for free?

Discus and support I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 (bedrock), how do I get the Java version for free? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Can't seem to find an answer online, so I am hoping I can get help here. I'd like to use the Java version exclusively and run my own servers with mods,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Danny Wish I could help, Apr 4, 2020.

1. I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 (bedrock), how do I get the Java version for free?

Can't seem to find an answer online, so I am hoping I can get help here. I'd like to use the Java version exclusively and run my own servers with mods, etc... So, not knowing enough about this ecosystem I bought the Windows 10 version and have been enjoying
    it.

However, since I already spent $30 for Minecraft (and the Switch version separately), I'd like to figure out how to get the Java version without paying any more $$$.

Ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Dan

:)

Danny Wish I could help, Apr 4, 2020
  2. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

why is my xbox 360 minecraft not getting any updates past the llama and llama man?

There are several different versions of minecraft. Minecraft: Java edition is PC only and can only crossplay with Java players (mac, Lenox, PC) The minecraft that doesnt have a version next to it is the play together version or more commonly called bedrock.
    Bedrock is the version that can be played across mobile, console, and PC. There are also editions that are made specifically for most consoles and even a stand alone mobile version. Examples would be Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
    These do not work with Bedrock which is just called Minecraft. Java is the most updated version of minecraft while bedrock would be right behind that one. The others I'm really not sure how often they update them if at all. Each edition of Minecraft has to
    be purchased separately. I happen to own both Minecraft: Xbox one edition and Minecraft since they released at separate times. I also have Java on my PC. As for your issue they do not have a Bedrock version on the 360.
  4. Vashke Win User

When can java Minecraft owners start getting windows 10 codes again?

try the Microsoft store. Your purchases will show up there. Bedrock and windows 10 versions were separate purchases from the java version.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Using Mojang Minecraft account for Microsoft Minecraft.

You may have to.

The Minecraft.net version of Minecraft is the 'Java' version while the Microsoft/Windows 10 version that runs on console, mobile and well... Windows, is the Bedrock version. As far as I am aware cross-play between console, mobile, and Windows PC is only
    for that Bedrock version while the Java version is Mojang's 'original' and more frequently supported version (for lack of better terms.)

Here are some places to read about that.

https://aleforge.net/how-to-choose-between-minecraft-java-and-bedrock-editions/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/bkxi31/java_vs_bedrock_what_are_the_differences/

Its highly unlikely you'd be entitled to a Bedrock copy of the game but, considering you own the Java port through Minecarft.net... Mojang support may be able to help you or give you a discount or something if you inquire about it but that's seriously a
    stretch if I am being honest.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Minecraft:Bedrock

Java is the original release of Minecraft. Xbox One Edition will no longer be updated seeing as they released the Bedrock version for Xbox and Windows 10 and other platforms.
Thema:

I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 (bedrock), how do I get the Java version for free?

1. I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 (bedrock), how do I get the Java version for free? - Similar Threads - purchased Minecraft Windows

2. Is there any way that I can do to purchase Minecraft Windows 10 Edition? I can only go to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way that I can do to purchase Minecraft Windows 10 Edition? I can only go to...: I don't have any sort of card and I can't really use the Mobile phone option or those Prepaid card stuff something, and I can only buy Google Play Giftcards because that's the only giftcard...
  3. Redeem Minecraft for Windows 10 after Java purchase.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeem Minecraft for Windows 10 after Java purchase.: Hello, I'm wanting to get the Minecraft for Windows 10 version. I saw that if we bought minecraft before 2018 or something we would get a redeem code for the Windows 10 version? I'm seeing the...
  4. Purchased Windows 10 Minecraft Master Collection and it will not install.

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Windows 10 Minecraft Master Collection and it will not install.: This should not be this hard. I purchased Mine craft Windows 10 Master Collection on 2/11/2020. Although the Microsoft Store says we own it, when I try to install it from the "manage" screen, it...
  5. Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Minecraft purchased from microsoft for windows 10 version play on line with Java edition?: Hi all, my son (microsoft for windows 10) is trying to play with his friends .(JAVA) Can we do any adjustments for it to work? Thanks 49c8c9ff-a93c-497b-a88b-eb0c3a1fe2ea
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Purchase Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Purchase Issue: I want to purchase windows 10 edition minecraft and prepared to pay for it but whenever I log into my microsoft store account and try to buy it the only options are to get the trial version (which...
  7. I have the minecraft purchased and they didn't give me the code for the windows 10 edition

in XBoX on Windows
    I have the minecraft purchased and they didn't give me the code for the windows 10 edition: Some friends want to play with me but the problem is that my cell phone is not so good and I'm a little bit lagged so I remembered that I had the mincraft bought on the PC and wanted to know how...
  8. Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

in XBoX on Windows
    Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game: As the title says, I got Minecraft for Windows 10 from Mojang. I owned Minecraft: Java Edition for a long time, so they gave it to me for free. However, when I launch the game, it asks me to sign...
  9. Can't make purchases in "Minecraft for Windows 10"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't make purchases in "Minecraft for Windows 10": Hey guys, I can't seem to find anyone who has the same issue as me online and I can't get a hold of Microsoft support for this, I can't seem to make purchases in "Minecraft for Windows 10", the...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition crashes on start up after Realms purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition crashes on start up after Realms purchase: Hi. please read the whole thing before answering, and if you're serious about helping please read the pdf attached as well. I bought a Minecraft Realms subscription and after I bought it, my game...