i redeemed a gift card but it appears in a different location and correct currency

Discus and support i redeemed a gift card but it appears in a different location and correct currency in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi i got given a gift card that i added via the pc, i just upgraded to W11 and it appears that it has added a different default location to my profile... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Norman Cowin, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Norman Cowin
    Norman Cowin Guest

i redeemed a gift card but it appears in a different location and correct currency

Hi i got given a gift card that i added via the pc, i just upgraded to W11 and it appears that it has added a different default location to my profile so doesn't allow me to use the credit as it is linked to this. i live in the isle of man (which uses GBP) which it defaulted to when upgrading rather than the normal UK setting it usually is and everything is set up as. the xbox store appears as dollars with the majority of content missing, i can use the credit when the location is set to iom but what i am trying get doesn't show until i then change the region to Uk then it shows the content but i then can't use the credit. does any one have a workaround for this or know of a way to use this as it is quite annoying.

Thanks

:)

Norman Cowin, Nov 20, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Isle of man isn't a xbox live region.

That's why you were given uk currency becauae the card you bought is uk

HOWEVER your account isn't uk

That's the issue

You can onLy use UK funds in UK

AND no regardless of what you try isle of man isn't a xbox live region
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Norman ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

All prepaid codes are region specific, when you redeem a code, it will add the currency of that region and can't be used on any other region, even if you haven't updated your system the situation will remain the same as that's the region of the code
  4. StephanieMCarter Win User

Gifting Games/items

Are you referring to a gift card? If a currency card is different, how would I go about doing that? I cannot use the $40 gift card I redeemed to buy more gift cards.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Gift Card for Xbox, movies and Microsoft

What does it say when you try to redeem it? Are you in the same region as the gift card you purchased...ie as it's a US $ card, are you in the United States? As gift cards in a different currency cannot be redeemed in a different region....I have a UK account and can't redeem US $ cards
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions

Gift cards are region locked and so is not possible to redeem them in a different region. Your friend will need to send you a gift card in your currency.
Thema:

1. i redeemed a gift card but it appears in a different location and correct currency - Similar Threads - redeemed gift card

2. Redeem MS Gift Card from MS Rewards to buy Minecraft Win 10 Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeem MS Gift Card from MS Rewards to buy Minecraft Win 10 Edition: Hello "someone" from the MS Community I want to buy Minecraft Win 10 Edition with MS Gift Card that I have redeemed in MS Rewards but I don't know how to buy it. Can you guys show me the way to...
  3. How to redeem $10 Microsoft/Xbox Gift Card from Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem $10 Microsoft/Xbox Gift Card from Microsoft Rewards: Hello, sorry for my bad grammar, it is my third language. Recently, I joined Microsoft Rewards and began earning points. In the redeem section, I wanted a $10 Microsoft or Xbox Gift Card (doesn't...
  4. Unable to redeem Roblox gift cards

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to redeem Roblox gift cards: Why can I not redeem Roblox gift cards on Microsoft Rewards anymore? (no option to do so on the redeem section) 9fcf0261-7c28-4fba-9e4d-32211d3a1b2a
  5. A history for recently redeemed gift cards

in XBoX Accessibility
    A history for recently redeemed gift cards: Hello, I think a very nice feature to add would be an area on your account people are able to check their previously used gift cards. Being able to check long term or even the past months history...
  6. I need to redeem a Xbox gift card on my Xbox using another account (Microsoft Rewards)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need to redeem a Xbox gift card on my Xbox using another account (Microsoft Rewards): Hello, I recently have learned that Microsoft does not let you transfer Microsoft Rewards Points between multiple accounts, nor redeem gift cards between them which is pretty messed up. I am...
  7. Roblox gift card doesn't show in„Redeem“section in Microsoft rewards

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Roblox gift card doesn't show in„Redeem“section in Microsoft rewards: For some reason the Roblox gift card doesn't show in the Redeem section. d205270c-16ae-45dd-a457-db93c2369b4c
  8. I bought a gift card and it redeemed in a different US (Guam) currency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a gift card and it redeemed in a different US (Guam) currency: I bought a digital gift card off Amazon and usually go to the email and put the code in on my Xbox. But this time I went to Xbox.com and it brought me to my Microsoft account. Then the code was...
  9. Redeeming a Gift Card and Gifting It

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeeming a Gift Card and Gifting It: Hi! I am saving up for a $5 Xbox Gift Card for my friend but I want to know how I can do that. Do I get a code in my email and I can give that to my friend or is it something else?...
  10. Gift card redeem doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card redeem doesn't work: The redeem doesn't work due to wrong languages and the location is Irlende What is the correct language i could use a7778c54-d6e0-4fc2-ba5a-2d137b4a4958