I screwed myself on recovering my old account

Discus and support I screwed myself on recovering my old account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Can anyone help me get my old gamer tag account back. I was deployed in 2018. To change my password I used my friends phone (cant remember who). I set... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Robwilliamson1, Apr 23, 2020.

1. I screwed myself on recovering my old account

Can anyone help me get my old gamer tag account back. I was deployed in 2018. To change my password I used my friends phone (cant remember who). I set a security question, pretty sure I used a snarky remark (cant remember) I remember the email, but its
    asking for a phone verification (same as above). I've tried all the combinations I usually use, still nothing. I submitted a form, but cant seem to give them enough information to get it back. I dont want to lose my old account. The phone service isnt working,
    and I cant reach anyone on the online chat. I'm pulling my hair out here. Is there a representative that can get a hold of me? I can definitively prove who I am with every card ever put on the account, every email, and possibly a few emails, but I fear this
    constant pursuit will lock the account.

:)

Robwilliamson1, Apr 23, 2020
  2. ShauN0tDeaD Win User

Account Compromised but recovered myself.

My account was hacked for $75 but it did not go through because my address info was out of date (phew). Also, a guy I work with got hacked and charged. Is this a pervasive issue?
  3. Mister Gwyther Win User

If at any time your account is compromised, you need to contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) IMMEDIATELY! Simply recovering your account and contacting your bank isn't enough.
    As far as your LIVE account is concerned, you purchased content and never paid for it, which can be viewed as Marketplace Theft. Again, please contact phone support. Thanks!
  4. Ichabod13 Win User

I was hacked around the same time that the EA info came out that their servers were compromised. I've had my gamertag linked with my EA account for years, pretty sure that's how they got access to it for me. I made a stupid mistake and trusted MS to fix
    my charges instead of letting my bank do it and now I'm looking at upwards of 2 months if it takes as long as everyone else on the forums. :(
  5. fat guy face Win User

Why contact them, they never care, or help at all. I've been waiting 2 months, and have heard nothing...
  6. DGYT Win User

I need to recover my old account

No no no do NOT give out the email lol, there are some crooks out there.(You'd be surprised what they can do with just your email.) Glad I saw this.Alright, go to the Xbox.com website , and type in the email and what you think the password could be. Try
    it , if it doesnt work, click "Forgot?" and see if some options are available (ie them sending a code to your phone / an alternate email). If not, you may have to take it up with the support line.

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us
Thema:

I screwed myself on recovering my old account

1. I screwed myself on recovering my old account - Similar Threads - screwed myself recovering

2. Man the audio is so totally screwed up now atoms doesn't even work no more.

in XboX Insiders
    Man the audio is so totally screwed up now atoms doesn't even work no more.: Please fix this my audio is so messed up now submitted by /u/JoE_TWEAKN_MANE [link] [comments]
  3. Elite controller v1 internal screw keeps coming out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller v1 internal screw keeps coming out: Hi all! I have had an elite controller for a year or two and have never had issues with it. However, last month my right trigger suddenly wouldn't press down. I removed the rubber and the side...
  4. Why is Microsoft screwing elite controller 2 purchasers. HORRIBLE customer service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Microsoft screwing elite controller 2 purchasers. HORRIBLE customer service: First of all just to speak to a human is a nightmare. When i do get them theyre ZERO help. They repeat the same few sentences like robots. One week past warranty and all microsoft says is buy a...
  5. Son Screwed up his gamer tag - changed for free & tried to go back & can't.

in XboX Insiders
    Son Screwed up his gamer tag - changed for free & tried to go back & can't.: Just spent a bunch of time with support.. My son changed his gamer tag to something else as a joke, and tried to change it back.. Unfortunately a) he was charged $9.99 (his loss).. But b) his old...
  6. Microsoft screwed up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft screwed up: What does spam/advertising sexually inappropriate violence or gore terrorist or violent extremist content hate speech ect has to do with leaving the game early? This is when you are reporting...
  7. Microsoft/Xbox screwing me out of a refund (not cool)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft/Xbox screwing me out of a refund (not cool): So Im making this for posterity as I wait another 24-72 hours for help I bought halo reach by mistake on the 6th, I had planned on getting the MC collection. I tried to refund it, and made a...
  8. Microsoft screwed me, this is the only help i got. contact me if this happened to you. time...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft screwed me, this is the only help i got. contact me if this happened to you. time...: Archana N G: Hi this is archana an independent windows advisor How can I help you I'm the Microsoft Virtual Agent. I'd love to help you. Please briefly describe your issue below."well, my x-box...
  9. How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because...

in XboX Insiders
    How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because...: Title briefly describes situation. HDD failed (second time, thanks to these garbage XB1X issues) but this time I had since opted into the insider updates so now the USB update/reload fails....
  10. Did I screw myself over?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Did I screw myself over?: So I decided to buy Titanfall 2 the other day and I tried to but I guess my money wasn't deposited so it didn't work. Fine by me, its only 47 dollars and it's on sale for 8 more days. Come the...