I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds!

Discus and support I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have metro by T-Mobile and when I try to stream from my Xbox to phone no video shows up only sound that is skipping. My speedtest speed is 20mbps and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Joshua1017, Nov 6, 2019.

1. I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds!

I have metro by T-Mobile and when I try to stream from my Xbox to phone no video shows up only sound that is skipping. My speedtest speed is 20mbps and when I turn VPN on the game streaming works but skips due to vpns ping. The speed on VPN is also around 20mbps. I think metro is throttling the streaming game video to 1.5mbps.

Also it works on my wifi and it worked from the xcloud servers the other day.

submitted by /u/Joshua1017
    [link] [comments]

/u/Joshua1017, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Dance CaravanDJ Serv Win User

My Xbox One is a NIGHTMARE.

I think they call this "throttling". Providers will give priority speed to corporate customers, leaving regular consumers in a slower lane. It's the reason I still buy Blu Ray discs for my good stuff, and only consume my filler through streaming services.
  3. stefanofesta1 Win User

Problem with ethernet cable and 1gb/s speed connection

It's likely that your ISP is throttling speeds to Xbox Live. I experience the same issue with my internet as well. It's quite frustrating.
    but why my ISP have to throttling speeds to xbox live? before latest xbox upgrade was all ok...
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Xbox one wifi

Does you router have any kind of QoS (Quality of Service) running? On many routers, this function throttles the speed of high-demand devices and services (like multiplayer gaming) in order to ensure other functions like web browsing or streaming video run
    more smoothly.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

What are your Networks stats on Xbox 1?

I'm from the UK. My provider is Virgin Media - 130mb/s Down - 10mb/s up and no data caps or networking throttling.

I've also seen a slight increase in downloads times off the marketplace after I changed my DNS server settings from VM's to Google's.

May I also point something out with regards to streaming on Windows 10. If you stream an Xbox One game to a Windows 10 device in the same house, the stream uses your internal wireless network. It won't matter what connection speed your ISP gives you as the
    stream won't use that.
  6. Zenosos Win User

Slow downloads/updates on Xbox one

Is this at all times? And what sort of speeds are you averaging when downloading, I had amazing speeds first few months of my internet but then my provider throttled the Internet.
Thema:

I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds!

1. I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds! - Similar Threads - metro TMobile throttling

2. Metro Exodus change language from English to Russian

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus change language from English to Russian: So i already know that in order to change the language i need to do it from the main menu. But here is the problem. In the options i went to change the language from English to Russian, and for...
  3. Metro Exodus DLC and general DLC question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus DLC and general DLC question: So I bought metro exodus and when I went into manage game and add ons I noticed that I can download both of the DLCs without buying them. Is that normal? I'll gladly buy them if I like the game...
  4. no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...

in XBoX on Windows
    no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...: hola gente buenas mi consulta es. llevo jugando bastante al metro exodus y de la nada no pude entrar mas al juego. quiero ingresar y me sale un cartel que me dice que en estos momentos metro...
  5. Actuellement, Metro Exodus (Windows) n'est pas disponible dans votre compte. Le code...

in XBoX on Windows
    Actuellement, Metro Exodus (Windows) n'est pas disponible dans votre compte. Le code...: Hello, I played the game 2 hours ago; and I had already played several times without any problem, I turned off the PC and I came back, so a priori nothing has changed, however now this problem...
  6. Metro exodus has been removed from Xbox Game Pass on PC? How is that possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro exodus has been removed from Xbox Game Pass on PC? How is that possible?: Hello Guys, I've had Metro exodus for some time in my account in XBOX game pass and I have recently started playing it. Yesterday I was playing fine, but today I was receiving an error the whole...
  7. Metro 2033 Redux Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro 2033 Redux Download: My digital download for metro 2033 gets to 8.5 percent and won't go any further, I've tried everything they have told me in the help section and my internet is totally fine as i have just...
  8. Cannot download Metro Redux 2033 digital copy (stop at 683MB)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Metro Redux 2033 digital copy (stop at 683MB): Hi, I bought a physical copy of Metro Exodus on Xbox One that came with Metro Redux 2033 digital copy (in Australia). I redeemed the digital copy of Metro Redux 2033 using code without any...
  9. Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC: Hey Guys So it seems Metro was updated in the last week. I ran into issues updating the game at all (It would just not allow me to update? Kept coming up with an error) until I checked for...
  10. Metro Exodus on Xbox Beta for PC will not load

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus on Xbox Beta for PC will not load: I downloaded metro exodus for PC through the Microsoft store from Xbox game pass for PC. I played it Yesterday and it worked fine but when I tried to play it again today it goes through the...