I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds!

Discus and support I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have metro by T-Mobile and when I try to stream from my Xbox to phone no video shows up only sound that is skipping. My speedtest speed is 20mbps and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Joshua1017, Nov 6, 2019.

1. I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds!

I have metro by T-Mobile and when I try to stream from my Xbox to phone no video shows up only sound that is skipping. My speedtest speed is 20mbps and when I turn VPN on the game streaming works but skips due to vpns ping. The speed on VPN is also around 20mbps. I think metro is throttling the streaming game video to 1.5mbps.

Also it works on my wifi and it worked from the xcloud servers the other day.

submitted by /u/Joshua1017
    [link] [comments]

/u/Joshua1017, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Dance CaravanDJ Serv Win User

My Xbox One is a NIGHTMARE.

I think they call this "throttling". Providers will give priority speed to corporate customers, leaving regular consumers in a slower lane. It's the reason I still buy Blu Ray discs for my good stuff, and only consume my filler through streaming services.
  3. stefanofesta1 Win User

Problem with ethernet cable and 1gb/s speed connection

It's likely that your ISP is throttling speeds to Xbox Live. I experience the same issue with my internet as well. It's quite frustrating.
    but why my ISP have to throttling speeds to xbox live? before latest xbox upgrade was all ok...
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Xbox one wifi

Does you router have any kind of QoS (Quality of Service) running? On many routers, this function throttles the speed of high-demand devices and services (like multiplayer gaming) in order to ensure other functions like web browsing or streaming video run
    more smoothly.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

What are your Networks stats on Xbox 1?

I'm from the UK. My provider is Virgin Media - 130mb/s Down - 10mb/s up and no data caps or networking throttling.

I've also seen a slight increase in downloads times off the marketplace after I changed my DNS server settings from VM's to Google's.

May I also point something out with regards to streaming on Windows 10. If you stream an Xbox One game to a Windows 10 device in the same house, the stream uses your internal wireless network. It won't matter what connection speed your ISP gives you as the
    stream won't use that.
  6. SLOW JOCULAR Win User

Upload speed

No they do not throttle. I have this problem all the time, and yes my up and down speeds ate both the same.
Thema:

I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds!

1. I think metro by TMobile is throttling my game streaming speeds! - Similar Threads - metro TMobile throttling

2. Why will Metro Exodus STILL not run?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why will Metro Exodus STILL not run?: Not running. At all. Just gives me the error code. Why? 089e22bd-2e7f-4574-92ed-ba8fdcb0c87e
  3. Fullscreen issue on Metro 2033 Redux (via Game pass on PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Fullscreen issue on Metro 2033 Redux (via Game pass on PC): So I'm attempting to run Metro 2033 redux on my dell gtx 1050ti laptop (native 4k screen) after installing it via game pass (windows store) and when I run it at 1920x1080, it remains in windowed...
  4. Error code 0x80073cf3 when downloading Metro Exodus for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80073cf3 when downloading Metro Exodus for PC: I get in the download of Metro Exodus the error code 0x80073cf3 , how can I fix it? Is there a solution? By the way, I get the error message when downloading Outder Worlds. Gears 5 and Forza...
  5. Xbox one X crashes then shuts off only in the new Modern Warfare and Metro Exodus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X crashes then shuts off only in the new Modern Warfare and Metro Exodus: I've been trying to fix this issue with metro for a while but now it is happening with COD MW I've tried power cycles and reinstalling the campaign portion of the game. My xbox is in a well...
  6. Metro Exodus (Xbox game pass) won't start up

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus (Xbox game pass) won't start up: Hello, Metro Exodus (Xbox Game Pass) won't start up on my PC. When I click the play button, a process named "Metro Exodus (Windows)" can be found in the task manager, but the game fails to start...
  7. Metro Exodus on Game Pass PC won't run - exe sits there doing nothing

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus on Game Pass PC won't run - exe sits there doing nothing: I just subscribed to Game Pass on Windows (Beta), primarily to play Metro Exodus. I installed it, but it won't run - the exe shows up in task manager, but nothing else happens and it's using no...
  8. Metro Exodus is glitching and bugging

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus is glitching and bugging: Hi. I've played with Metro Exodus and I experienced bugs and glitches with it. I don't know what to do to solve the problem. When I look up to the sky I can see a black texture glitch or bug....
  9. Metro Exodus won't launch but runs as a Background Process in tasks manager

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus won't launch but runs as a Background Process in tasks manager: Installed the game last week, noticed unstable download speeds and it took 5 times longer than usual. Clicked play and nothing. Scoured the internet for solutions. Whenever i found a post that is...
  10. Metro Exodus The two Colonels for pc doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus The two Colonels for pc doesn't work: I have bought the season pass but I can´t play The Two Colonels. I have the xbox pass for pc. In the chapters menu it shows that it is blocked and it reads that I don't have it or I don't...