I think Quick Resume might cause issues with moving games to/from storage.

Discus and support I think Quick Resume might cause issues with moving games to/from storage. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have experienced a few issues with storage, but I think I see a particular pattern. My theory is that, if I have a game that is in "quick resume"... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OldNeb, Jun 19, 2021.

1. /u/OldNeb
    /u/OldNeb Guest

I have experienced a few issues with storage, but I think I see a particular pattern.

My theory is that, if I have a game that is in "quick resume" state, and I try to move the game, the original copy of the game is not erased. I don't know exactly how the quick resume technology works, but it seems to me that however capability is implemented, there is a good chance that it wouldn't play nice with the original data files being moved.

However, given the ephemeral way quick resume is implemented (IMO), I would expect Quick Resume to be cancelled rather than the move command to fail.

I'm still trying to research this through experimentation which is why I'm bringing it here for input instead of just filing a bug I'm not sure about.

submitted by /u/OldNeb
    [link] [comments]

/u/OldNeb, Jun 19, 2021
  2. goqbert Win User

Game will not read, but only on my profile!

As someone suggested, a corrupted game save might also be the cause. Try deleting your game saves from your profile, or alternately, moving them to a removable storage device such as a usb key. You can do this here:

- From the dashboard, move to the settings panel

- Select System

- Select Storage

- Select the storage device with your saves. If in doubt, check them all.

- Select Games and Apps

- Select the game from the list

From here, you can either delete the save, or optionally move it to a removeable device. Note that not all game saves can be moved.

Hope this helps!
  3. NameMonkey Boy Win User

Fallout NV is driving my crazy

@Eezak: Yeah I had the disk changed and it didn't fix the problem. Cheers for the tips LostKauz, I quick travel alot so that might also be causing the issue now I think of it.
  4. oSPo III Towlie Win User

Skyrim Won't Start

Have you tried re-downloading the game or moving it to a USB storage and trying to play it from there? It might be your storage device.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Storage Unavailable??

It sounds like there might be an issue with the save file. Try moving the save to a different storage device and then remove it from the console. Try playing the game fresh and see if it responds better.
  6. coco meat train Win User

Xbox Series X - Quick Resume Issues

No settings need changed on your end. Since Series launch MS has been tracking issues with Quick Resume. Some titles have had quick resume deactivated while they investigate.
Thema:

1. I think Quick Resume might cause issues with moving games to/from storage. - Similar Threads - Quick Resume might

2. Is Quick Resume unreliable (or totally unsupported) for other people?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Quick Resume unreliable (or totally unsupported) for other people?: In the last week, I’ve played: Dark Souls 3 Death’s Door CoD Black Ops Cold War Microsoft Flight Simulator And of those, only Dark Souls 3 supported Quick Resume. (Even though it kicks you to...
  3. Quick Resume broken for certain games.

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume broken for certain games.: How do we report games like The Ascent that have broken Quick Resume but there's no indication when games don't support it. submitted by /u/onixblack [link] [comments]
  4. Changing game priorities for quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Changing game priorities for quick resume: Can we get an update where we can disable games from appearing in quick resume or even rearranging them in a specific order of importance? Just to be on the safe side I'm always manually removing...
  5. Will i be able to disable quick resume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will i be able to disable quick resume: Personally i hate it, i can see why its cool but im going out of my way to decide i no longer want to play game A and would like to play game B. Anytime i use quick resume on an online game i get...
  6. Quick Resume No Longer Working for older games - Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume No Longer Working for older games - Alpha Skip Ahead: So, I've noticed that both Metro Exodus and Doom Eternal, both games that used to work with Quick Resume, have stopped "Quick Resuming". I'm not sure if there are others, but any idea why these...
  7. Is Quick Resume completely broken for anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Quick Resume completely broken for anyone else?: For the last however many days(3 or so) quick resume has been completely broken for me. I at once had 8 games in it and then out of the blue yesterday I had 2. A quick reboot dropped that down to...
  8. Logitech G923 disconnects or dysfunctional w/Quick Resume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech G923 disconnects or dysfunctional w/Quick Resume: Has anyone else had trouble with Quick Resume and the Logitech G923 wheel? Mine seems to behave in two different ways: 1. Upon quick resume, d-pad and buttons work as intended but steering wheel...
  9. Quick Resume issue originated by sign-in?

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume issue originated by sign-in?: Not sure if this would make sense but just in case it helps to the Xbox OS developers team. Quick Resume doesn't work all the time and many times I need to do a full shutdown to start the game as...
  10. Quick Resume might be causing the controller not working for some titles and only the guide...

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume might be causing the controller not working for some titles and only the guide...: From the build notes for the issues I am referencing: "We’ve received reports that the dashboard is unresponsive to controls (except the Xbox Button) when powered on from standby." "We’ve...