I unplugged my xbox and everything that was on my hard drive uninstalled itself.

Discus and support I unplugged my xbox and everything that was on my hard drive uninstalled itself. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; While i was moving some cords around I unplugged my xbox while it was on by accident. When I plugged it back in and turned it back on I saw that the 21... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ILikeTurtles335, Aug 12, 2019.

1. I unplugged my xbox and everything that was on my hard drive uninstalled itself.

While i was moving some cords around I unplugged my xbox while it was on by accident. When I plugged it back in and turned it back on I saw that the 21 games that were on my hard drive had all uninstalled. They are all now under the "Ready to install"
    tab. I have a seagate hard drive. I went from my storage being 50% full to it being 90%full. The hard drive is vibrating but the light is not on. I've tried switching the USB, and restarting the Xbox. I went into Settings>System>Storage and it says that all
    my storage is internal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

ILikeTurtles335, Aug 12, 2019
  2. ILikeTurtles335 Win User

I unplugged my xbox and everything that was on my hard drive uninstalled itself.

Ok thank you for all the help, unfortunately nothing has worked. I will attempt to contact seagate. do you know how I can reach them?
  3. Bokor Zombie Win User

I definately can back you up on that - again from personal experience.

Hi
    ILikeTurtles335

HDD or very fragile. As mentioned the wrong movement can render them useless. Do you have another xbox you can test your HDD in? Also, when you plugged it in was your console on at the time. Try a system reboot with it plugged in though if your console doesn't
    recognise it you would have to remember how you treated it whill unplugged.

When you say vibrating - is it making a noise that you haven't heard before, if so you have unfortunately lost it. Though please if you can check on another device if possible.
  4. Rob the Weeb Win User

There could have possible been a power surge that affected the hard drive when unplugging and plugging back in. A power surge can completely kill the drivers control board. Is the port you had it plugged in the same port its plugged in now?

If you attempted hard resetting by holding the power button to power off for 10 seconds, booting back up and even switching different ports on the back with nothing working - at that point I’d attempt reaching out to seagate. Drives also have a life of about
    3 years so ifs around that time it couldve Coincidentally bricked - but I dont think thats the case
  5. Rob the Weeb Win User

No problem at all, your hard drive may be under warranty so they may be able to assist you - maybe even a replacement. It just depends on what caused the damage. Any other help feel free to private message me or shoot me a message on xbox

here is their contact page -

https://www.seagate.com/contacts/contact-numbers/americas/
  6. ILikeTurtles335 Win User

When I unplugged the xbox I did not make contact with anything anywhere the hard drive, although I did switch the outlet the xbox was plugged into. The vibrating I'm speaking of is a very gentle vibration, such as the gentle vibrations the xbox makes when
    it's running.
Thema:

1. I unplugged my xbox and everything that was on my hard drive uninstalled itself. - Similar Threads - unplugged everything was

2. Xbox One Disc Drive will not read unless I unplug the power and plug it back in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Drive will not read unless I unplug the power and plug it back in.: My Xbox disc drive will not read a disc after it shut downs and restarts. I can do a full restart and it will not help. The only way it works is if I unplug the system and plug it back in. Then it...
  3. Unplug and re-plug in my usb dongle for wireless headset on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unplug and re-plug in my usb dongle for wireless headset on Xbox One X: Hi, I'm using a wireless Plantronics Rig 800 LX headset that has a usb dongle that I plug into my Xbox One X. Every time I turn on my Xbox I have to unplug it then plug it in again for the Xbox...
  4. Call of Duty BO4 won't load unless I unplug Xbox One S, wait, then plug it back in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty BO4 won't load unless I unplug Xbox One S, wait, then plug it back in.: BO4 is the only game I play so I always leave the disc in the xbox. Every once in a while I would get the following error: Insert the game disc We need that to read the license. If the disc is...
  5. Restarted xbox screen went black and never restarted so I unplugged...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Restarted xbox screen went black and never restarted so I unplugged...: I went to play a game & it said it took too long to start multiple times & with multiple games so I pressed restart xbox & the screen went black and it didn’t restart at all so I unplugged the...
  6. If i unplug the earphones in rainbow six siege my tv have no sound, any idea?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i unplug the earphones in rainbow six siege my tv have no sound, any idea?: I try everything, really everything but nothing works, earlier today everything works perfectly but later the day i got this bug or glitch and this is the only game do this, i try two games but...
  7. Unplugging Xbox One deletes Updating games/Apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unplugging Xbox One deletes Updating games/Apps: Ok been having this problem for a while and Support assist machine is honestly useless so figured to come here instead. Past few months and honestly the past 6 months been going to the local...
  8. Unplugged Xbox One X while in Instant On mode--risk of damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unplugged Xbox One X while in Instant On mode--risk of damage?: Without thinking about it, I unplugged my Xbox One X while it was in instant on mode. I could hear the HDD spin down when I did it, then I remembered it was in Instant On mode. After powering it...
  9. Xbox one slow motion video only when headset is unplugged.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one slow motion video only when headset is unplugged.: YouTube videos run in slow motion when i unplug my headphones. Youtube runs at normal speed when i plug my headphones in. Bought new controller and headphones problem still exists....
  10. Reboot your system but unplug everything from it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reboot your system but unplug everything from it: Really that's an answer this idiot gave me earlier. I explained the issues I'm having: chat not working, disconnects from live, multiplayer not working, and so on. After I told this guy I have to...