I Want To Change My Name But Its Taken By A Inactive Player

Discus and support I Want To Change My Name But Its Taken By A Inactive Player in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so i just wanted to change my name but the name is taken by a person with no games no achievments and hes just never online is it possible that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Shaun UwU, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Shaun UwU
    Shaun UwU Guest

so i just wanted to change my name but the name is taken by a person with no games no achievments and hes just never online is it possible that microsoft can delete the account or should i just switch to PC so i can use whatever name i want?

:)

Shaun UwU, Aug 8, 2019
  2. H3PA80R Win User

A gamertag is not only used for gaming on Xbox or PC. It is also used for other Microsoft Services like Office products.

If the account is completly inactive for a long time, it will be freed up but this would take a long time.
  3. Gimpy_P Win User

To expound a bit starting in 2 years they will roll off gamertags that have not been active for 5 years, since there is no way to tell when the GT you desire was last used it still may not be purged for many more years to come.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Gamertags are also used for other services,not just xbox live,so just because it has no achievements etc. does not mean that it is not in use.
  5. Smwutches Win User

There's no way to request it to be freed up. If their Microsoft account becomes inactive over the next 2 years (starting August 30) it will be closed which should free up the tag.

Otherwise, there has been an update to the gamertag system and you can get the tag now. https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq Basically
    the new tag system is similar to Discord's in that you will have numbers attached to the name.
  6. Robby Sayles Win User

After two years of inactivity, it will free up, like my fellow ambassador mentioned. My brother had a similar experience, but he finally received his choice. Good luck
Thema:

1. I Want To Change My Name But Its Taken By A Inactive Player - Similar Threads - Change Name Taken

2. New ToS & Taken Name Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    New ToS & Taken Name Change: There's something that I've been wondering about for a while now. I've been wanting to make a name change to my gamertag on Xbox, but the name has been taken by an account that appears to be old,...
  3. Name change for free glitch

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Name change for free glitch: So there's this glitch that allows you change your name for free, my friend even did it. Is it banable? 1682a2be-8283-4636-9e1b-7bc0652d1152
  4. On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

in XboX Insiders
    On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...: I'm talking about this page: https://imgur.com/a/XwtLPWb In my opinion it should display if the name is taken (and if so, what it will be changed to) on this page. Otherwise, you can hit next and...
  5. Account game naam verandren [Translation - Change account game name]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account game naam verandren [Translation - Change account game name]: Ik heb een xbox naam van microsoft gekregen en ik wil die veranderen maar dan moet ik geld betalen. Het zegt dat ik mijn naam al heb veranderd terwijl ik dat niet gedaan heb en dat ik 10 euro...
  6. Name Change But Taken By Account With No Data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Name Change But Taken By Account With No Data: Hello, I'm wanting to change my gamertag, but the name is already taken by what seems to be an old account, and it has no information on it whatsoever. No games, description, gamerscore. Anything....
  7. My Gamer Tag was taken by a Gamer Tag turbo hacker the second i changed my name

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamer Tag was taken by a Gamer Tag turbo hacker the second i changed my name: About 2 days ago i wanted to change my gamer tag to something else, my previously gamer tag was a 3 letter name that i obtained during the 2016 Gamer Tag recycle. So i wanted to change my gamer...
  8. Trying to change my name from TheRealShiftrr To Shiftrr But taken by a inactive account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change my name from TheRealShiftrr To Shiftrr But taken by a inactive account: I am a partnered content creator on Mixer and have the name Shiftrr. Here https://www.mixer.com/shiftrr I have noticed that Shiftrr is taken on xbox live. My current gamertag is but the shiftrr...
  9. Want to change name, says it is taken but it isn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to change name, says it is taken but it isn't.: Hello Xbox forums! Anyway, I am trying to change my gamertag to a different name, on the Xbox one. I type in the name I want, and it says it is taken. But when I search for the account, it does...
  10. Changing Gamer tags to a name that is taken but is inactive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Gamer tags to a name that is taken but is inactive.: I went to change my gamer tag today and when i typed in my new one its was reserved then when i then searched for the tag it was not found but then after conatcting xbox support via chat i...