I want to change myself out of ''child'' on my Xbox.

Discus and support I want to change myself out of ''child'' on my Xbox. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello. I've encountered a problem. I tried to launch GTA V and my Xbox told me that I don't have a permission to launch GTA V since ''I'm a child''.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AddalT, Apr 17, 2020.

1. AddalT
    AddalT Guest

Hello. I've encountered a problem. I tried to launch GTA V and my Xbox told me that I don't have a permission to launch GTA V since ''I'm a child''. Which is odd since I'm the owner of that Xbox. I bought it and later added my big brother and little brother
    since they wanted to play too.

I didn't use my Xbox for like 3 months since I own a gaming PC too and I got the itch to play some Skate 3 and I decided to play GTA V too but then it just said ''You need permission from your parent to play this game'' even though I've completed the game like
    4 times.

I cant ask Xbox Support for help since it just redirects me to https://beta.support.xbox.com/ and that wont help. (So when I ask for help it just opens a popup window and its just
    that)

Is there a way for me to turn myself into a ''parent'' so I can play GTA V. I don't want to buy it third time. (PS3, Xbox One and then PC if I were to buy it again)

:)

AddalT, Apr 17, 2020
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

you did not post whether you are an adult or not, doesn't matter that you own the Xbox; some games go off your age.

I'm an adult but I'm being asked for parental consent. What do I do?

The birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. If you're being asked to provide an e-signature, you can update your birthdate on account.microsoft.com/profile.

I use this account as part of my business but am being asked for parental consent. What do I do?
    If you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. If you're being asked to provide an e-signature, you can update your birthdate on account.microsoft.com/profile.
  3. v iiClutch Win User

Hello AddalT,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. It is possible to change your account settings from "Child" to "Adult" through account.microsoft.com, but you will need access to the Adult email address that was used to set up the restrictions to begin with. Please
    try the following:

1. Log in to Account.Microsoft.Com using the email address for the adult account
    2. Select family
    3. Under Family, select View your Family
    4. From here, you can adjust the settings as you see fit.
    Let me know if this works for you!
  4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Only the adult who manages your account can enable what they can access or not, for their own account is not possible.
  5. ChaosReigNZ84 Win User

Parental control settings

I can't remember 100% but I am sure whoever set up the child account can change it. Like if you made an adult account on the xbox before making the child account that adult account can change wether the child account is a child account or and adult one.
    I will just test this out myself now and post how it went
  6. robinsonpr Win User

Overwatch won´t start

I have got the same issue. My child cannot sign in and play Overwatch on his account, even though I have an xbox live subscription on the Xbox One. The only way I can get into the game is to sign in as myself (the parent account) and start the game. One
    in the game then I press "X" to change profile. And then changing to my childs account sends me back to the Overwatch entry screen. But this time it lets him play.

Can somebody help, this is a real pain as I need to be there to sign in if my child wants to play this game.
Thema:

1. I want to change myself out of ''child'' on my Xbox. - Similar Threads - change myself ''child''

2. Changing Capitalization of Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Capitalization of Gamertag: I would like to simply change the capitalization in my gamertag without having to pay for a replacement. Any suggestions? 7fdcf4a3-348c-4937-a8f9-d137d6b5b4c5
  3. Why I can't change my gamertag??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I can't change my gamertag??: Why I can't change my gamertag if I live in country other than US??? 5e3b49ed-66fe-414c-9de9-95bc659aaea6
  4. Is there any way to change time on xbox remotely?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there any way to change time on xbox remotely?: I tried connecting my xbox to my laptop using the app, but it didn't connect, i've narrowed down the issues and the most likely reason is that my xbox and laptop have different times, i don't have...
  5. Cambiar de juego físico (disco) a digital -[Translation - Change from physical (disk) to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cambiar de juego físico (disco) a digital -[Translation - Change from physical (disk) to...: Hola tengo una consulta, Actualmente utilizo mi consola XboxOne con una parte de juegos físicos y el resto digital en mi disco duro, ante esto, si compro nuevamente los juegos físicos y los...
  6. I cannot change my profile region on Xbox Live.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot change my profile region on Xbox Live.: Hello, I am currently attempting to change my gamertag, and once I get to payment processing, I am required to change my profile address. [img] Everything goes fine until I reach the region...
  7. Xbox game pass change language

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass change language: Hi, Is there a way to change the language of games downloaded through Xbox(beta) app? I have the Xbox game pass ultimate. My PC system is set in English but I wish to play games in my native...
  8. Won’t let me change my Xbox profile picture...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Won’t let me change my Xbox profile picture...: When ever i go to change my xbox profile picture it says error try again later i left it three weeks and it is still the same can somebody help? b1530d00-b538-43b7-ad87-0949666a9be6
  9. Inaccurate Account Info, but I can't change it myself

in XBoX Rewards
    Inaccurate Account Info, but I can't change it myself: So I am one of the people that can't get my rewards because my account "needs updating." The only incorrect information is how long I've been a member of XBOX Live. I have had a 10 year badge for...
  10. Wishing for a new Xbox One model that i can change the hdd on myself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wishing for a new Xbox One model that i can change the hdd on myself.: Buy an external.. they are cheap... FASTER than the oem HDD and you can easily transfer all your games to it for on the go... and if you are worried about a cat knocking of your wires for just an...