I want to delete my xbox account that I NEVER signed up for

Discus and support I want to delete my xbox account that I NEVER signed up for in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Microsoft have created an xbox account for me (so good of them) and I do not want it. However, all the information I have managed to find says I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Paul and Kath, Apr 7, 2019.

1. I want to delete my xbox account that I NEVER signed up for

Microsoft have created an xbox account for me (so good of them) and I do not want it.

However, all the information I have managed to find says I have to delete our full Microsoft account and I don't want to do that as we use hotmail as our email address.

Help please...

Kath

:)

Paul and Kath, Apr 7, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Paul and Kath,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. The Ambassadors were able to shine light on all the information in
    regards to deleting an Xbox account. We'll be locking the thread.
    If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  3. Paul and Kath Win User

Hi there,

when using any Windows 10 device it will result in automatically creating a Xbox Live Account when a Microsoft Account is used. Even if it would be possible to remove it, using a Windows 10 device will result in a new one being created.

You don't have to do anything with it and as far as I know it won't be in the way for anything.

I assume you already saw this support page, but for others seeking the same info. This page will explain that it's not possible to only remove the Xbox Live Account:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/delete-information-microsoft-account
    I appreciate your prompt response. I guess I feel like I'm being drawn into something I really don't want to be in as it automatically signs me in every time I have a game of solitaire. I don't want my progress saved in the cloud. I'd rather be blithely
    ignorant!
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Even if you don't "need" a Xbox account, the Xbox account is required to play the "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" games (and other casual "Collection" Games like Sudoku, Taptiles and the likes).

The Gamertag is just a "nickname" that is added to your existing Microsoft Account, that you have for using the Microsoft email service. It's not a separate account, so to speak.

The Nickname that was added to your Microsoft Account for playing the Xbox enabled games is also not a "buy". The Nickname is completely free.

Only if you ever have the need to play online multiplayer with others on a Xbox console, you would have to buy a Gold membership.

But other than that, the Gamertag you got is simply a free nickname that represents you in the game.

Also since some games feature online leaderboards, it's better for your privacy to be seen as "UnwantedNickname" instead of "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***"

So please see this free nickname as an advantage.

Or is there a certain disadvantage that bothers you, besides the automatic creation of that nickname?
  5. Paul and Kath Win User

Thanks for your response.

I am 65 years old and hardly think I need an xbox account. I have the occasional game of Solitaire and use hotmail as our email server. I realise I now need to dissociate us with Microsoft to get rid of this account.

I guess I am [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] that this happens automatically. I would like to see this as a buy in rather than a buy out (which I can't do) .
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Unfortunately, as soon as you use a Xbox Live enabled game like Solitaire Collection and the likes, it will create a Xbox Gamertag for you.

Also, since it's possible to make game purchases with the Xbox account, Microsoft has to be able to store these purchase information. So there is currently no way to delete a Xbox Account.

Since the Xbox Account doesn't cost you anything (unless you want to play online Multiplayer on Xbox consoles), I'd simply ignore the fact that you now have a Gamertag.

Or is there a very specific reason you don't want that Gamertag?

Maybe we can help you better if you further explained the reason behind not wanting a Xbox Gamertag Account?
Thema:

1. I want to delete my xbox account that I NEVER signed up for - Similar Threads - delete account NEVER

2. How do i delete my Xbox Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i delete my Xbox Account?: I'd like to delete only my xbox account and not my microsoft account, but i can't do it... c79a4f39-5c3a-4484-8317-2a462dc217b7
  3. How do I delete my account

in XBoX on Mobile
    How do I delete my account: How do i delete my account f5698378-dc47-4180-84f7-fd509a204ab0
  4. Как восстановить удаленую учётную запись[How to recover a deleted account]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Как восстановить удаленую учётную запись[How to recover a deleted account]: Здравствуйте я нечайно удалил вчера на иксбоксе учетную запись. Я не помню не пароль не почту что мне делать.Можно както ее вернуть в иксбоксе пожалуйста помагите и подробнее опишите как и что...
  5. Delete account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Delete account: My son has died and i do not know his password to delete his account. Please help 0349c3f9-4e60-434e-a72c-b7b5db4672f6
  6. Were they not supposed to delete account after 2 years of inactivities?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Were they not supposed to delete account after 2 years of inactivities?: Hi, I'm trying to clean up my Xbox friends list right now and I'm sure I have friends here that are gone long time ago. Like maybe since 2010. Were they not supposed to be deleted?...
  7. Xbox Live Support team deleted my email account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Support team deleted my email account.: Hello. I just want to rant about a little frustration I had during an experience with an xbox live support rep. I was trying switch an old email account to a primary email for my gamertag to be...
  8. Can i delete my Xbox live account without deleting my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i delete my Xbox live account without deleting my Microsoft account?: I wanted to reset all my achievements and etc since im starting to play MCPE. However, theres really no clear way for me to reset this without deleting my Microsoft account, which wouldnt be...
  9. Удаление аккаунта Xbox -[Translation - Delete Xbox Account]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Удаление аккаунта Xbox -[Translation - Delete Xbox Account]: Если удалить аккаунт Xbox (и подождать 60 дней, потому что после этого удаляется), можно зарегистрировать новый аккаунт с тем же никнеймом, хоть и с другого имейла? -[Translation - If you delete...
  10. Microsoft account deleted accidentally, had for 10+ years, now being told it never existed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account deleted accidentally, had for 10+ years, now being told it never existed?: I had/have an a microsoft account I'll call 'x' for 10 years+. I accidentally deleted 'x' somehow when I tried to change the email address linked to my gamertag. I have contacted microsoft...