I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter

Discus and support I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; From what I understand the xbox wireless adapter is mainly designed to connect xbox one controllers to windows 10 PCs. However, it does list... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mark Lyons, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Mark Lyons
    Mark Lyons Guest

I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter

From what I understand the xbox wireless adapter is mainly designed to connect xbox one controllers to windows 10 PCs. However, it does list compatibility with Xbox series x and xbox one too.

I'd like to connect a usb cable to one of the USB ports in my xbox one and run that out away from the xbox one. On the far end, i want to plug in the xbox wireless adapter. I know the wireless adapter should sync with the xbox one controllers I have, but will the usb connection from the adapter that normally would connect to a windows 10 PC also be accepted in the xbox one, allowing me to extend the range at which I can use my controllers?

Thanks

:)

Mark Lyons, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Boda Zen Win User

Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 disconnects after 7 seconds

The wireless adapter has a limited range. If you are using a desktop computer use the USB extender to get the wireless adapter as close to your controller as possible.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

also to add the part where is says xbox one and series compatible is the controller type not the system.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The Xbox One wireless adaptor doesn't work on Xbox consoles. It is designed for PC's only. You can't extend the range.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

That isn't going to work I'm afraid.
  6. Paul Bab Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Xbox one Controller Problems (need PC restart?)

Hi,

If your controller disconnects frequently from the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, this is typically due to environmental issues, such as no line of sight (between the controller and adapter) or a heavy amount of interference, such as from metallic objects.
    Try these suggestions to improve the connection between your controller and adapter:

• Make sure you're within optimal range of the adapter (6 meters or less).
    • Use the USB extender to bring the adapter closer to your controller.
    • Ensure you have good line of sight between your adapter and your controller. Use the USB extender to help if needed. For these two devices to talk successfully, they need the most unobstructed opportunity to do so.
    • Move the adapter away from metal and do not set it directly on a metal surface.

In addition, feel free to check out this
    page
    that can help resolve connectivity issues with the Xbox One wireless controller on your Windows 10 device.

Keep us posted.
Thema:

1. I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter - Similar Threads - extend range controller

2. Xbox One S can not detect Wireless Range Extender Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S can not detect Wireless Range Extender Network: My Xbox one S (Latest Updated to OS Version 10.0.22000.3055) can not detect TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300 Wireless Range Extender . I have done all the basic trouble shooting listed here at xbox support...
  3. Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender: [img] My Xbox 360 E won’t connect to my WiFi extender. It works fine when it’s connected to my main router but won’t work with the extender. All my other consoles and phone works on the extender...
  4. How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...: I have recently purchased a Xbox console for playing video games online because here in my city lockdown is going on and I wanted to play video games online and connect with my friends but I am...
  5. : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup?: : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup? Hello.. here is the step by step guide:- * Plug in your extender. ... * Connect your computer or mobile device to the extender's WiFi network....
  6. Can someone extend the wireless range on the xbox controllers using this idea?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone extend the wireless range on the xbox controllers using this idea?: Hi, I would like to house my XBox in an AV Closet/Rack Server Cabinet in a faraway location in the house from the media room. After searching and not finding any real wireless solution...
  7. Can I extend range of wireless adapter for pc with usb repeater?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I extend range of wireless adapter for pc with usb repeater?: I have pc in my room with wireless adapter and wanted to try playing with steam link on my smart tv, but the gamepad disconnects half way to living room. Is it possible to get some 10-20m usb...
  8. XboxOne Controller Range Extender - How does this not exist

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne Controller Range Extender - How does this not exist: I dont understand. Microsoft, get it together. Some of us are adults - you know the people ypu want ganimg because we can afford all your fees and excessive prices. As adults we cant leave...
  9. How to extend xbox one controller range ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to extend xbox one controller range ?: Hii my xbox one is in my living room and i want to play with him in other room. I search a lot on the internet and havnt find a solution to this verry popular problem. Mybe you can help me and...
  10. Is there a solution yet to extend the Xbox one wireless controller range yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a solution yet to extend the Xbox one wireless controller range yet?: I have an xbox one in the living room. on the direct opposite wall is the bedroom & its HDTV. I was able to run a HDMI cable from the living room based xbox one to my bedroom HDTV. It initially...