I want to recover a very old Xbox account

Discus and support I want to recover a very old Xbox account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; About 8 years ago I played Xbox religiously. Me and my dad both shared the account under the name "Mercaholic75", he was in the military at the time... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mercaholic751, Apr 18, 2020.

1. I want to recover a very old Xbox account

About 8 years ago I played Xbox religiously. Me and my dad both shared the account under the name "Mercaholic75", he was in the military at the time and the email that was used for the account was a military email that has been long gone ever sense. I
    have information that can prove that were the account owners but without the old email and password how could we possibly get access to that account. Surely there must be something we can do to prove that it's our account and get it back.

:)

Mercaholic751, Apr 18, 2020
  2. yobrizo Win User

I'm so sorry, but if you don't know either the mail or the elpassword, nor do you have a backup, microsoft, for security, you're not going to be able to help
  3. DsrtStrm Win User

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Others have already provided some great information, I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that it is always best to use an email account that isn't under a school or business system thingy, some great examples are gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.

I realise that it may be more of an inconvenience to set up one of these sometimes, but it can help avoid issues like this in the long run.
  5. Oraclea Win User

Hi, while it may end up being impossible to recover this account without sufficient information, one thing I would recommend trying if you have not yet done so is to fill out a Microsoft account recovery form. You'll need an email address you can currently
    access to do so, and then you'll be asked to provide as much information as possible to see if the account can reasonably be attributed to you and restored. Here is a link to a

guide on how to fill out the recovery form
    . Hope this helps!
  6. InsanKilla clan Win User

To access your Xbox Live account and other Microsoft services, you need to know the email address and password you used to set up your Microsoft account. Xbox Support can’t provide this information,
    even if you know your gamertag
Thema:

1. I want to recover a very old Xbox account - Similar Threads - recover very old

2. Recovering A Microsoft Account Based On Username

in XBoX on Windows
    Recovering A Microsoft Account Based On Username: I really want to get back my old Microsoft account that I had when I was little, TheAwesomePantz. The problem is, I don't know the email it was associated with. If I know the email, I can sign...
  3. How to recover an XBox One external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to recover an XBox One external hard drive: I had a Seagate 4TB external drive attached to my XBox One. I used it to store game progress. The SATA to USB Connector went bad, and the XBox stopped seeing the drive. I took it out of the case...
  4. Recovering an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering an old account: Im having a fit of nostalgia and I want to recover my account from an old xbox one. I have the username, I even have it pulled up on the xboxgamertag website, but I cant for the life of me...
  5. recuperar código xbox live gold[recover xbox live gold code]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    recuperar código xbox live gold[recover xbox live gold code]: como recupero un código de xbox live gold, compre una de tres meses y al momento de ingresar el código marca como codigo no valido, que se puede hacer? [Translation - How do I recover an xbox...
  6. Como recuperar suscripción gold[Translation-How to recover gold subscription]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Como recuperar suscripción gold[Translation-How to recover gold subscription]: Hola a todos, el mes de marzo compré la suscripción gold por 12 meses y la semana pasada la cancelé por error, y no se como activarla, si me pueden ayudar les agradecería mucho....
  7. Minecraft world corrupted/deleted looking to recover world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft world corrupted/deleted looking to recover world: Hi. I was loading into a world today that me and some of my friends were working on, when the power went out. Upon restarting the xbox and launching minecraft it was gone. It was as if i had...
  8. Recover lost saved game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover lost saved game data: So i loaded up forza one day and it came up with the cloud syncing saying i have 2 saves for it! Naturally i chose the most recent one unfortunately for me it was the wrong choice... The game...
  9. Is there anyway of recovering an very old email address (hotmail)/Xbox Live account without...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway of recovering an very old email address (hotmail)/Xbox Live account without...: So I recently bought an Xbox 360 just because I wanted to enjoy playing the old games. I signed in with my current account and noticed that I hardly have any achievements and that they're all on...
  10. Issues with recovering a very old account(security info is known)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with recovering a very old account(security info is known): Hello everyone! I write to you all for help in recovering my very first account on Xbox LIVE ever. The gamertag is OutlawELYJAH. I know both the email address and password that was used for the...